bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Superior Save

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Oct 19, 09 9:14 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Superior Save. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
After a momentous business deal, your boss has been kidnapped and the police don’t see any proof of wrongdoing…leaving it up to you to find the evidence to save your boss! Superior Save is a hidden object game filled with interesting animated characters, with some amusing puzzles in the scenes to keep you amused…some objects can be added to objects in the location to solve the puzzle, although it never opens a door or anything of that sort. Each chapter has a mix of revisited locations and new locations, as well as getting you a little bit closer to solving the mystery and proving to the police that a crime has been committed. Levels range from standard hidden object areas and spot the difference scenes to mini-games for a bit of variety. While there is no timer on most of the levels, there are a couple here and there that do have a timer, although it is a generous one. Many levels even have animations if you are playing them too long, such as a jogger running past or a cat entering the picture. All in all this is a decent hidden object game that should provide a moderate challenge for the beginner or a nice diversion for the veteran player.

Game Modes:
This game is Untimed with a few timed mini games.

Depth:
Superior Save should take two hours if you are quick to find those hidden objects. But, if you take your time, the game can last up to four hours.

Similar to:
Fans of Escape Rosecliff Island and Affair Bureau will find much to like about Superior Save.

Difficulty level:
If you are a veteran of Hidden Object games, you'll feel very comfortable playing Superior Save.

Review by R.R.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Superior Save

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 19, 09 1:13 PM
I am a little bit dissapointed with this one. The graphic is okay, the items are okay, but it touch me not enough for buying this game. I will wait for the new HE this week!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 19, 09 1:21 PM
"Me" Review.

"Me Kind of Liked" -- This is a pretty easy HOG. The objects are what they say they are and are large enough to find. The graphics are really good and most scenes have an animated character -- cat, dog, runner, etc. I'm not sure of the length, but "rumor" has it that there are 7 chapters, I completed 4-1/2 during the 60 minute demo. I had no problem down loading or playing the game, which for me, ran smoothly. Each chapter has 5 scenes and a mini-game.

"Me Kind of Wanted More"
-- This would be a great game for beginners. It has it all -- HOs, mini-games, and interaction -- find a hidden object and find where it goes. However, for more seasoned players, these are all very easy, thus, they were no challenge. The instructions were not that great, but again, for seasoned players, this would be no problem. Beginners, might "scratch" their heads . This might be a pretty short game for most players. I completed 4-1/2 in the 60 minutes, skipping the dialogue.

"Me Bottomline" -- I would not purchase this game because it is too easy for me. There was no real challenge. However, I did enjoy the 60 minutes play time. It provided me with some "constructive" procrastination . I give it 3-- out of 5. Good game for beginners.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 19, 09 1:41 PM
I don't think I'll even download this game after all the negative reviews I read. By the way, where are poodlebear's and sillyfeet's reviews? I haven't seen their reviews for a couple days or so.

Edited on 10/19/2009 at 1:41:47 PM PST

MollyMeow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MollyMeow on Oct 19, 09 3:00 PM
Good starter HOG (hidden object game, for the benefit of newbies). Straight HOG, with no interaction. Mini games every now and then, again, good for those just starting out with this type of game.

For those with an insatiable lust for games like RTR, you may wish to save your time and credit, unless you are looking for very little challenge for a change of pace.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Oct 19, 09 7:37 PM
I played the whole hour of the demo and it appears that I got more than halfway through. It would be interesting to finish the game, but not SO interesting that I would use a credit on it. Doesn't seem sufficiently challenging that I would play it more than (maybe) twice. Not bad, but not very good.

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Oct 20, 09 3:06 AM
I played the demo for an hour, but have mixed feeling about this game, and needed to find out more before I spent my credit on it, after three disappointing games that I purchased.

Yes, good graphics, very easy to find objects, but one has to work out where the items written in green go. I too had slowing down and almost put me to sleep waiting for the next level to open.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Oct 20, 09 5:41 AM
I agree that this is an ok beginner HOG but one that will lose its appeal once a player gains experience in this type of game. The characters look Russian made and the Russians are way behind other developers in their gaming expertise.
All in all, Superior Save is better being renamed Inferior Lose. It's ultimately a turkey.

Yinn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Yinn on Oct 20, 09 6:46 AM
This game is unplayable on my PC. Goes in slow motion.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Oct 20, 09 9:57 AM
finished the game in 52 minutes and with no skips of the minigames.
this is a turkey of major league proportions. Just stay away.

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on Oct 20, 09 11:25 AM
Looks like it could have been fun except I have not patience for slo-mo actions.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 20, 09 3:18 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy.

Playability: Okay. Some of the levels seemed to bog down a bit while playing, but this was not a major issue.

Hints: refillable meter

Clicking penalty: Warning clipboard pops up and pauses game for a few seconds. Sensitivity is low.

Likes: Colorful and nice graphics. Can skip through story and dialog - you don't really need it to solve the puzzles. Can skip through mini-games if you wish without a wait. The extra task item is a nice touch, although not very challenging. You can use a hint to solve the extra task if needed.

Dislikes: Hint meter takes a tad too long to refill, and if it is not full when you finish one level, it starts the refill cycle all over again on the next level - not where you left off. There is not a lot of variety and just a few mini-games. Some of the characters looked weird, and not it a good, quirky way.

Recommendations: This is a fairly straight-forward and easy HOG. If you use the hint to solve a task, make sure you have the item in your "hand" before clicking on the hint button; otherwise, it will just show you where the item is, not where to place it. Make sure your hint meter is fully charged before moving on to the next level, if you don't use it to find the last item on the list.

Will I buy it? Probably not. Just a little too mundane for me.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 20, 09 5:50 PM
GAME PLAY: "Superior Save" was pretty easy: During the demo hour I made it into the "One Step Behind" level, which I think is pretty far along. It would maybe be OK for someone who hasn't played a lot of HOGs.

GRAPHICS: One of the things which will keep me from buying a game is darkness. Often a game designer makes the scenes really dark to enhance the ambiance, requiring me to set my monitor way too bright for normal programs in order to find hidden items. This game, on the other hand, was too bright or faded out. There were items set against light/white backgrounds which I could just not see.

TECHNICAL: About half way through my demo hour the game slowed way down, with reaction to my mouse clicks so slow that I kept clicking again, thinking I'd missed the spot. I thought maybe something had started running in the background on my computer, but after reading a few other comments, I guess it was the game itself.

PET PEEVE: This is probably really silly, but at the end of each screen instead of saying "click to continue" (or nothing at all after the first few times,) it kept saying, "Hit your mouse button to continue." After a few of these I wanted to THROW my mouse, let alone hit it!

[Post New]by merrywings on Oct 20, 09 8:51 PM
Ok, maybe I'm just a little too picky, but the one thing I can't stand in a HOG is when they give you an object to find, and what you have to find isn't even the object they listed! I found that a lot in this game. After awhile when this happens, I begin to doubt everything, so I start clicking objects that it "might" be. For example in one scene you are asked to find a camera...suprise...you need to find lighting for a camera set! At one point you are asked to find hammer X2...yes, one is a hammer, the other is a gavel. At one point you are even asked to find a map...I had to give up as stumped on this one and asked for a hint only to find that guess what...they were expecting you to pick a playing card! That one really got me. This game was truely a let down!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 21, 09 1:23 PM
Played he demo today. Didn't go in with great expectations and those have been fulfilled.

Early screens are easy with big enough objects to find, later on (gas station) it gets way more "junky". Bad thing is, some items blend so much into the background that you can't recognise it anymore. Like "oh, that drawn spider here is actually a crab" or "ah, that pixel glob in gray here is supposed to be roller skates" (outside of police station).

As for the story, okay, so I'm a woman looking for her kidnapped boss. Isn't that supposed to be the police's job? Why do I have to solve puzzles like turning on a fountain in a park? Or putting a spider into a bottle? Or even put a video tape into the VCR (when there is nothing kidnapping-related on the video)? Also, there's a lot of screens that don't further the story, you just collect junk in there for no reason at all.

Bottom line: Run-of-the-Mill HOG, not really bad but also not material to spend a credit on.

[Post New]by tucutecats on Oct 22, 09 10:56 PM
Ok so Im stuck at the bridge I can't find a place for the ball. there seems to be a place but it dosn't fit.

[Post New]by akslonetwin on Oct 23, 09 6:14 AM
Not worth money

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Oct 23, 09 12:52 PM
I finished over half in the hour demo (there are 8 tabs on the right and I was well into the 5th).

This would be an excellent game for new HOG players. The illustrations are clear, the items easy to find and identify, the hints generously recharge. The story holds together and there is no confusion about what is going on.

Not so much for someone looking for more challenge - easy can be fun, but it can also get boring when you return to the same room with the same simple to find objects.

As far as the item descriptions, I did not have an issue, as another reviewer did. "Hammer" for gavel is perfectly acceptable to me - it is a form of hammer. "Lights" for camera would bother me, but I did not get that one. Either the game designers here speak English fluently or they had this vetted by a picky critic - none of the annoying, off-putting, grammar and vocabulary problems that are so common in the text portions of a game (and all too frequently overflow into the game portion).

For me it is a "no sell" but for a novice or someone who wants to while away the time, I could recommend this game. None of the frustrations of tiny objects, dark rooms and poor graphics quality that are my pet peeves.

For a novice:
/

For an experienced, skilled player:
/

esthers2
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by esthers2 on Oct 24, 09 4:12 PM
tucutecats wrote:Ok so Im stuck at the bridge I can't find a place for the ball. there seems to be a place but it dosn't fit.

im there too where does the ball go???

[Post New]by dashaun28 on Oct 26, 09 6:35 PM
does anyone know where the ball goes?

Go to: