bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

New build available for Hidden Wonders of the Depths (PC)

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Oct 19, 09 12:13 PM
Hey folks,

We now have a new build of Hidden Wonders of the Depths, which should resolve the "hwd.exe has stopped working" errors.

To get the new build of the game, just uninstall the current build then reinstall. You can find instructions on how to uninstall your game by clicking here.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 10/19/2009 at 12:13:12 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:New build available for Hidden Wonders of the Depths (PC)

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Oct 19, 09 1:22 PM
Hi - unfortunately the rebuild didn't come in until after the $2.99 special was over so I didn't purchase it. Maybe they can offer it again. Thanks - have a good day!

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Oct 19, 09 1:49 PM
I purchased durning the 2.99 sale and thank you I just reinstalled and it works.

Wait. I just played it and got the same error message after level 2-4. I talked with CS and they took some info from my computer to see if they could fix it. They are going to get back with me so I'll keep you posted.

Got an e-mail from CS and they had me change some settings in the exe file. Have made it to level 7 and still going with no more problems.

Edited on 10/19/2009 at 8:08:38 PM PST

runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by runaway63 on Oct 19, 09 2:07 PM
Hello, I just read what you said about the "New build available for Hidden Wonders of the Depths" and I find it very interesting. Yesterday I downloaded the game for trial before I bought it as a daily deal. I never did get to play it; so I did the chat thing this a.m. and talked to Greg. Basically, all he told me is to try and go to "run as Administrator" and play it from there, that was about the only thing I could do. He stated he knew they were having problems with it. My question is---why did they offer it as a daily deal if they knew it had problems? And because I never did get to play it, I didn't get it as the daily deal, so I can't follow the instructions you listed---am I just out of luck all the way around? Thank you.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 19, 09 10:22 PM
Joyfullady wrote:Hi - unfortunately the rebuild didn't come in until after the $2.99 special was over so I didn't purchase it. Maybe they can offer it again. Thanks - have a good day!

As of this evening, the 2.99 coupon code is still working (for anyone who wants to buy this now that the new build has been released).

[Post New]by nacymae on Oct 21, 09 11:19 AM
I did purchase the game and I got the same error, I uninstalled it and waited a couple of days and now it works just fine.

[Post New]by momwhoneedsanap on Dec 22, 09 11:46 AM
OK - I wiped the game. How do I download the updated version without having to pay again?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 22, 09 12:09 PM
If you already bought the game, then just check the box "Already Bought This Game" on the page that comes up asking how you want to pay, i.e.Use Member Credit or cash or.have a promo code? etc.

disne
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by disne on May 10, 10 6:48 AM
My game freezes on level 16. I have rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled this game but the same thing happens on the same level, in the same place. Any suggestions?
I tested this game on Beta without any problems at all.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 4, 11 6:47 PM
This is amazing! I have just uninstalled then re installed this game (as per instructions) and can see no difference at all. There is still a timer, which can't be turned off and everything else is the same too. I've just re played a part of this game after a couple of years and I don't know what the upgrade was for. It played fine from the start but I guessed that as so many others had experienced 'glitches' that the upgrade would be better, but I can't see any difference. Maybe its me 'cos I just love all the Hidden Wonders games and this was my first love!
Love to all anyway, Pat_ric_ia x

Go to: