Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Linwoods on Oct 20, 17 11:38 AM
The Halloween event has defeated our ability to complete the castle challenge of completing the daily quest challenge. The quests completed for the pumpkin are not registering.

DKGuild
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by DKGuild on Oct 20, 17 1:11 PM
Everything seems to be working except for the new color ghosts. They show in the 'album' but they are not registering in the achievements and I am not getting the awards GEMS What should I do?

Furuli
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Furuli on Oct 20, 17 4:00 PM
I have the same problem, the new ghosts goes into the album, but does not count in any of the new achievements. I've got 7 different yellow ghosts in the album, only 1 shows up in the achievement, the rest has not registered. I have deleted and reinstalled MC, that didn't change anything. The rest of event seems to function ok.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Oct 20, 17 4:47 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have all the yellow ghosts, all but 1 azure ghost, and all but 1 violet ghost and all three achievements show zero. Is this a glitch? I play on PC, Windows 10. I'm going to contact CS and put in a ticket.

Sharp Eye
ID 574363

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 20, 17 4:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for providing feedback about the Fall Event and bringing the matter of the ghosts to our attention. It sounds like recognition for catching ghosts might not be registering. I'll definitely pass this information along to the teams behind the game, but I also encourage those experiencing this matter to write in to our Midnight Castle Support Team.

Please provide information about what happens as well as your game's Friend Code; this will help the Support Team investigate what's going on.

If there are any remaining questions, please also feel free to PM me or one of my fellow moderators. It's our happy duty to provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by luvjamism on Oct 20, 17 7:19 PM
For the castle event that is going on right now, I am trying to complete "Earn 2000 coins in dice game". I have now earned 2500 and still says 0/2000 earned

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Oct 21, 17 1:51 AM
and you are sure that the previous task is completed and green check marks everywhere

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Oct 21, 17 4:42 AM
I have gifted 10 times today. Only 5 Cornucopias have registered against the Thanksgiving Day achievement. It registered OK yesterday.
My game is already running as administrator. Do I need to contact CS?

[Post New]by luvjamism on Oct 21, 17 7:55 AM
dfkdkfl_1960: yes I am sure

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 21, 17 11:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming over as quickly as I can to provide troubleshooting help!

luvjamism: Sometimes when achievements aren't recognized a display error is occurring. Please check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The help articles below will guide you through that process:

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

If those steps don't fix the issue, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team and include your Friend Code in the inquiry. Bemused123, since your game is already being run in Administrator Mode, I'd also recommend reaching out to our Support Team.

Thank you both for your patience. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any questions remain. We'll do everything we can to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Oct 21, 17 5:21 PM
Everything was working fine until now. It seems that the old ghosts goes into the album, but does not registering. I played this morning, it didn't have any problems.

[Post New]by katherine50 on Oct 21, 17 7:33 PM
57josh wrote:My problem is that ghosts that I have caught ARE NOT being counted toward the achievements. They ARE being credited in the daily quests as well as my album. This is not a continuing problem it seems to happen after I have caught one or two of the ghosts, color is of no issue as it happens with all new colors: yellow, violet, and azure. Any help is much appreciated.

**I went back and double checked my album totals with my achievements. I have realized where I misunderstood, the key word in the achievements is "unique ghosts" and for some odd reason I was thinking every ghost caught should be counted towards the achievements. So all totals are correct in my game. My thought process just wasn't grasping that word "unique". Happy gaming all **

I am having the same problem with the ghosts that I'm catching in yellow, azure and violet are not indicating in the achievements. I have all my asure and violet but the achievement still shows 0. Can you help me out. Each ghost in the album is "unique" and therefore, if I have all nine, I should have the avatar.

Please help.

[Post New]by katherine50 on Oct 21, 17 7:35 PM
I am having the same problem with the ghosts that others are having. I'm catching the yellow, azure and violet but they are not indicating toward the achievements. I have all my asure and violet but the achievement still shows 0. Can you help me out. Each ghost in the album is "unique" and therefore, if I have all nine, I should have the avatar.

My game ID is 534398

Please help.

Edited on 10/23/2017 at 7:58:28 AM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Oct 22, 17 9:56 AM
I am also having the same problem with the yellow, azure and violet ghosts not registering on the achievements. I have all of the azure, and it says I have 4, I have all but one of the yellow, it says I have zero, I have all but one violet ghosts and it says I have 2. Have I wasted all of those ghost traps that I bought with diamonds?

scifan
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by scifan on Oct 22, 17 5:02 PM
I'm having trouble connecting to the server today. Everything else that connects to the internet is fine, but Midnight Castle has to try several times to connect and then fails to load my friends (or let me invite them).

[Post New]by buttsmx on Oct 23, 17 8:49 AM
Couple of issues I use a fire hd to play the game on.
Firstly the game will close down and when you start it up again it does not return to the point at which you where at it returns to a random previous place losing you all your awards that you have just collected so you have to start again. This can happen 2/3 times in a row. Secondly I spent an age yesterday getting diamonds from the jigsaw level and today none of the items I collected diamonds included have been saved, getting a little frustrated. (Doesn't happen with other simular games). Please any ideas.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by julianchjbgT on Oct 23, 17 10:07 AM

Edited on 10/23/2017 at 10:44:10 AM PST

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 23, 17 3:05 PM
Almost 2 weeks and still not response from the support team!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 23, 17 3:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experiences while playing Midnight Castle. It sounds like some players here are noting that their ghost totals do not appear to be updating as expected. This issue is under investigation by the appropriate teams, and if you'd like to see more information regarding this reported issue, please see our announcement below:

An Announcement Regarding Caught Ghosts Not Crediting In The Game - October 21, 2017

Thank you all for your patience as that issue is investigated further.

scifan: I'm sorry to hear that the game is having trouble connecting. What I recommend is seeing if the following suggestions are able to assist with that connectivity issue:

Midnight Castle Help > Connection Issues

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. Since it's difficult to sign in to retrieve an ID, don't hesitate to leave that section of the form blank if it's unable to be retrieved currently. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

buttsmx: I'm sorry to hear that the Android version of the game is seeing trouble retaining progress. I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what you have observed as well as any steps you may have taken already to try and resolve it. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Furthermore, if you need to discuss issues in the Android version of the game, please do so in the designated thread for those issues below:

Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

Posting to the appropriate thread helps the right teams respond more rapidly and effectively to player reported issues. Thanks for understanding!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 23, 17 3:53 PM
sthrightwhale: I'm sorry to hear that it appears no response was provided. I've checked in directly with the team and it sounds like they were able to provide a response on October 17, 2017. I recommend checking your junk or spam folders for this response as it sounds like more information was needed to facilitate your request.

I also recommend taking a look at the following article which has some suggestions to try should it appear no response was provided or a reply hasn't been received:

Why haven't I received a reply to my request?

Should you be unable to reply directly to that message sent on October 17, 2017, please don't hesitate to make another request to our Midnight Castle Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions or if you need more assistance with the forums, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: