snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

I finally admit that Gummy Drop is great

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Nov 17, 15 3:20 PM
I have been playing Gummy Drop for at least nine months now. I am stuck
in Los Angeles, but I will persevere. I finally realized that this is a really good game
with strategy and some skill. I have been frustrated at times and swear a level is impossible-- then I win with 10 moves to spare.

I want to thank the folks at Big Fish who developed Gummy Drop. Too many people just complain, I wanted to give appreciation. I have also had excellent responses from customer service.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 17, 15 4:39 PM
My responses from Customer Service have been great as well. The developers have also fixed SOME of the bugs/glitches/errors. Those are both very positive. However many issues remain unresolved after several months. Here's an advance warning for you. When you get to Paris, level 95 has a bug and is impossible to beat (unless they fix it between now and then LOL) Gummy Drop has the POTENTIAL to be great, and certain aspects of it already are, but they have a ways to go before the game as a whole is great... just my 2 cents (and I've spent A LOT more than that trying to beat impossible levels! LOL LOL) Ed :-)

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:I finally admit that Gummy Drop is great

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Nov 17, 15 7:48 PM
CS dept. the ABSOLUTE best! They've tried at least to sort out my game-problems, solving some.... Started playing many, many months ago... game requires more than typical "match 3" mentality and strategy! I was hooked from the start!

MarionET
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MarionET on Nov 17, 15 7:54 PM
LOL Ed.
snowmanvt is in Los Angeles, a very difficult city - they say - and has already been to Paris a long time ago.

I have never contacted Customer Service, dunno why.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 17, 15 9:55 PM
MarionET wrote:LOL Ed.
snowmanvt is in Los Angeles, a very difficult city - they say - and has already been to Paris a long time ago.

I have never contacted Customer Service, dunno why.

There goes my ADHD flaring up again! LOL The post says "Los Angeles", and I'm thinking/reading "San Francisco". I was wondering how ANYONE could spend 9 months playing the game, only be in the 3rd city (SF) and think the game is great! LOL LOL LOL

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 17, 15 10:56 PM
I am in L A also and trying to work our how to get 2million blue hats to,get'past level 20 when there is no helping hand and you can only earn bricks!! Shipping them from other cities will take me about 3 weeks!!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 18, 15 12:10 AM
Trav3lbird wrote:I am in L A also and trying to work our how to get 2million blue hats to,get'past level 20 when there is no helping hand and you can only earn bricks!! Shipping them from other cities will take me about 3 weeks!!

That sounds like a "glitch" similar to the one in New Orleans - before they fixed it. I'd definitely submit a ticket and see what response you get.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 18, 15 11:10 AM
edp1730 wrote:
Trav3lbird wrote:I am in L A also and trying to work our how to get 2million blue hats to,get'past level 20 when there is no helping hand and you can only earn bricks!! Shipping them from other cities will take me about 3 weeks!!

That sounds like a "glitch" similar to the one in New Orleans - before they fixed it. I'd definitely submit a ticket and see what response you get.
j

Oops, can't imagine why I didn't see the HH at 26-3!! Not an easy one but there were my hats!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 18, 15 11:46 AM
After playing for a year, I agree that BFG has created a great game. It's so much more than just a match 3 puzzle game, and there's a lot to love.

I imagine that BFG sees our "complaints" and recognizes that they've succeeded in creating a highly engaged group of players. Who takes the time to post about something they could take or leave? Hopefully they see that we are asking them to take the GD goodness to a great level.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Nov 18, 15 3:34 PM
I now also admit GD is a great game. Initially I didn't like the game at all because it seemed to be no skill, just luck of the board setup on start and the luck of the DROP.

Now I have played regularly for 1-2 months. There is some skill involved (aside from the luck of the DROP). Also strategy in lining up your resources (as well as where best to spend your hard earned coins).

So far I haven't encountered an insurmountable block (knock on wood) and have had many pleasurable hours of play (currently trying to figure out how to cross the Brooklyn Bridge).

Cheers to all.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 18, 15 10:13 PM
lawaters wrote: Who takes the time to post about something they could take or leave? Hopefully they see that we are asking them to take the GD goodness to a great level.

A quick follow-up to the comment in BOLD. I was the business manager for a multi-million dollar entity, and dissatisfied customers was a group we focused on. Statistics have shown that for every dissatisfied customer that takes the time to make their experience known to management, there are FOUR that walk away and never come back! hmmmmmm....

PS: I'm now retired and have nothing better to do than play Gummy Drop LOL

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 18, 15 10:31 PM
@edp1730 - As someone in marketing, development and user experience strategy, I agree with you! It's a little different now that it's easier to complain online. (Remember the days of letters, phone calls and going back to the store to return items?) but the principle remains. Happy customers are more important than ever. And it does make us too quick to criticize too - so I appreciate this thread. It's always good to be grateful, and to say so.

Congrats on your retirement status giving you more time to play Gummy Drop. I'm only a little jealous. Cheers!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 19, 15 2:00 AM
lawaters - thanks for the support! Letters?!? PHONE calls??? What are THOSE - unless they come from solicitors? LOL Much of what I see in threads like these I consider "constructive criticism" - to which ANY entity would be wise to pay attention. I have a very low tolerance for people who just complain. I tell folks "If you're going to bring me a problem, bring a proposed solution/idea with you!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Nov 19, 15 3:19 PM
ed and waters - you've hit the nail on the head. We're not whiners - a valid complaint should be addressed - if you want your business to flourish.

Cheers

liawriter
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:there is a helping hand for blue hats @ 26-3 but

[Post New]by liawriter on Jan 16, 16 6:53 AM

none for pink gems! Can't build a resource mart yet and getting through all 10 levels to get the 2,000,000 pink gems needed is impossible! I understand challenging but at this level it is nearly impossible to do without spending real money for boosts. When the levels are this difficult, they need more alternatives to trade gems, like with other users, or buy them at cheaper amounts, I will never have enough coins to buy 2000000 gems! And as you said shipping takes forever since the amount you can ship is limited (why not have option to ship ALL from previous cities)?
a game should not be this frustrating and stressful to play! Yet it's too addicting to quit!

Go to: