bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nancy Drew: Treasure in a Royal Tower

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 22, 09 12:02 AM
Join legendary detective, Nancy Drew, as she follows ancient clues to find the mysterious Wickford Castle`s legendary secret in this Large File Adventure game! The castle is a riddle, full of dead-ends and detours that hint at a legend left behind by Marie Antoinette! Solve baffling puzzles, search concealed rooms, interview evasive suspects, and sidestep danger on the hunt for a secret that the doomed Queen was desperate to hide, in Nancy Drew: Treasure in a Royal Tower!

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Nancy Drew: Treasure in a Royal Tower

[Post New]by diji on Oct 22, 09 12:21 AM
Why are we going back to game #4 when Waverly #21 was just released?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 22, 09 12:25 AM
Huh? Where is that coming from? I guess we are all waiting for Waverly Academy...

If that's game 4, is this the original game from 2001 or a rerelease for 2009? I'm playing Scarlet Hand (#6) at the moment, and graphics are brutal in that game and the gameplay definitely not up to today's standards. I fear it will be the same for a game another year older.

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 22, 09 12:25 AM
OMG, I assumed this was new. I feel cheated now

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 22, 09 12:34 AM
This is great! I've always wanted to play the older Nancy Drew games but the only place we could buy it online was at Her Interactive -- which charges $19.99 per game. So you have to admit, getting it at $6.99 is a steal!

Katydidit1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Katydidit1 on Oct 22, 09 12:54 AM
Since this is one of the earlier Nancy Drew games I wonder if it will play on my Vista laptop. I have read on forum threads that some people had problems with other early-on ND games not playing well on Vista and they had to do something to trick the computer into thinking otherwise. I hope someone will let me know before I download and find out I can't.
Thanks!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 22, 09 2:36 AM
Katydidit1 wrote:Since this is one of the earlier Nancy Drew games I wonder if it will play on my Vista laptop. I have read on forum threads that some people had problems with other early-on ND games not playing well on Vista and they had to do something to trick the computer into thinking otherwise. I hope someone will let me know before I download and find out I can't.
Thanks!

The earliest ND game I have on Vista is #7 - which is Ghost Dogs and that plays with no problems.

I have this one on my XP. As it is advertised as working with Vista in the description it should- if it does not, I am 100% sure Big Fish will replace your game with a coupon if you find tech difficulties.

It is a good Nancy Drew game.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Oct 22, 09 2:36 AM
I have too many ND games that I have needed a walkthrough literally walkthrough I am not even trying this one. too many on the back burner never completed, okay with the dosier ones but the adventure I have a problem even though they have no crows, but I am sure they will have have monkeys or similiar and NO SKIP.

cheers lineck

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Oct 22, 09 2:52 AM
I must say I'm a little dissappointed, we were told to expect that Nancy drew: The final scene was to come to BFG last week along with Warnings at waverly academy.

Nice as it is to know the older ND games are coming to BFG I feel let down that this game has come out rather than The final scene and Waverly academy as I was waiting patiently and saving my money especially for these games.

This game looks dissapointing, doesnt look like there are that many characters to interract with (which is one of my main enjoyments of playing ND) and the puzzles look very limited and basic- the type of puzzles that would normally bore me in other ND games.

dont think i'll bother wasting my money on this game unless I find some really good reviews.

Katydidit1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Katydidit1 on Oct 22, 09 3:22 AM
Thank you govegril for your input as I am downloading right now. I have never had a problem with ND games but, I haven't played any of the earlier ones but have always wanted to.
Again, Thanks!

ps...the reviews on the name site had pretty good reviews and was waiting on the BFG reviews to verify downloading.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Oct 22, 09 5:46 AM
I really like that BFG are offering the older Nancy Drew games that I've always wanted to play. I'm currently playing Scarlet Hand and am enjoying it. Granted they are not the same as the newer versions but still fun when you are fan. The only game I couldn't finish was Haunted Carousel. Those arcade games totally defeated me even after looking at all the hints. My husband gave me Waverly Academy from the store and am saving it for a rainy long day where I can just relax and play so I can understand the impatience for BFG to release it when you consider the amazing cost of only $6.99!!!!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Oct 22, 09 6:11 AM
I'm also really excited to see another old Nancy Drew game added to the site, though I'm not sure I'll be buying it right away (waiting for my next credit!). Scarlet Hand ran okay on my Vista computer, so I assume this one will too...I am really curious about what happened to The Final Scene and whether Waverly Academy is coming here any time soon, but I suppose this will appease me for a little while.

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Oct 22, 09 6:28 AM
We all have to remember that there are new adventure gamers discovering BF and other sites every day. For those people it's a good thing to "bring back awareness" of older games they've never heard of.

On the other hand, I know what it's like to look forward to the newest release in a series. When the next "Ravenhurst" game comes out, I'm probably not even going to weigh much on the reviews but simply buy it since the first two are so awesome.

(Good questions though about the older versions working with Vista. My new laptop has it, against my better judgement, and I've never really had a problem with LGs so hope I won't start now.)

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Oct 22, 09 7:22 AM
Actually, I am glad that this has been released with BFG. This was a very good game that I bought a long time ago. Cannot play it on my laptop because its an older game. So, if you are wondering, this one had some really good puzzles and a good story line. Well worth the 6.99. I am going to buy this from fish, even though I already have it on disk.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 22, 09 7:31 AM
I bought this at Target a couple years ago for $9.99 and yep, it's a very early one. The graphics are quite grainy and there's *lots* of up and down the same corridors. I was not impressed and didn't play long.

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Oct 22, 09 8:02 AM
I have all the ND games, even the first, Secrets Can Kill and they have all run fine on Vista. Well, technically, I don't have the last 2 but I'll ask Santa to bring them for me

[Post New]by jinxedgoddess on Oct 22, 09 8:38 AM
I'm having problems getting caught at the library... where can I hide?

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Oct 22, 09 8:38 AM
monkeyface881 wrote:Nice as it is to know the older ND games are coming to BFG I feel let down that this game has come out rather than The final scene and Waverly academy as I was waiting patiently and saving my money especially for these games.

Treasure in the Royal Tower & The Final Scene came out in the same year- 2001.

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Oct 22, 09 8:42 AM
THANK YOU for bringing us older Nancy Drew games!!! I now have 16 out of 21 ND games!

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Oct 22, 09 8:44 AM
I got this game a pretty good while back off of Ebay and I thought it was really good. I played it on my laptop and it did fine. I like the older games, they may not be as sophisticated as the newer ones but most ND games will keep you occupied for hours and hours. I have to admit I have yet to make it through any ND game without at least a peak from a walkthrough and some of them I actually printed out pages for the things I had to do "really quickly". I have played all the ND games except the Dossier ones, for some reason I just could not get into them, but I have enjoyed them all. And I think to be able to download them for $6.99 from BF is a great thing!

Go to: