Level walkthroughs

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Level walkthroughs

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 16, 08 5:04 PM
Ok, I'm going to work on level walkthroughs for all the levels that I have expert on.

It may take a few days to get them all in here, until I do, some basic tips.

Prioritize your goals, if you have to build more than one thing, make sure you build the one you have to sell/rent more from first.

Don't buy a building until you need to. If you just need to build the building to complete a goal, save it for the end of the level after everything else, fewer choices means they are more likely to choose what you need to beat the level.

USE advertising.

Upgrade the buildings that you have as soon as you can, if you have a money goal. You earn more for everything that you sell with an upgraded building.

I'll get started on the walkthroughs tomorrow.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Level walkthroughs

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 10:33 AM
Level 1

Goal: Sell 4 Waters
Time for Expert 2:40

This one should be pretty basic, you just have to seat the people as they come in then serve the waters. Don't forget to click the water station to refill it after the third glass is served.

Level 2

Goal: Rent 3 Floats
Time for Expert 4:20

This is another pretty basic one. Don't spend any money until you have purchased the Swimming Gear stand. Then just wait for people to want the floats, keeping them happy with water when they want it. Again, don't forget to refill the water station, and don't worry too much about the customers showing up just as your last float needs to be rented. They can wait a second or two while you wait for your last rental to make it to the stand.

Level 3

Goal: Sell 4 Sandwiches
Time for Expert 3:30

This one starts to get a bit trickier. Seat the customers as they arrive, and after you sell your first water, buy your sandwich stand. Keep an eye on your water stand and keep it refilled. After you sell your first sandwich click on the storage shed and click on the sandwiches to order one set. After you sell your third sandwich, click on the sandwich stand to refill it with the sandwich makings in your storage shed.
This should still bring you in a minute or so under expert time.

Level 4

Goals: Sell 2 Sandwiches, 6 Waters, & 4 Souvenirs
Time for Expert 5:10

With this one you need to keep an eye on your money for the first couple of minutes. As soon as you have $200 you need to buy your souvenir stand. After that, as soon as you have $100 you need to click on the storage shed and order more souvenirs. The advertising and personnel desk is available for the first time on this level. To speed things along you can click on it (in the upper right hand corner) and click on advertising, and then choose to advertise for the souvenir stand. Each advertising credit is worth one minute of advertising for the stand you choose.
This should bring you in with plenty of time to spare. Don't forget to refill the souvenir stand when it's empty.

Level 5

Goals: Sell 5 Sandwiches, 5 Souvenirs, and have a Popularity of 7
Time for Expert 6:30

For this one the same stuff as we've already covered applies, as does "Manage Your Umbrellas." Try to keep an umbrella over each person as you serve them water or food. That will add smiles to your popularity and make it easier to reach this goal. Same basics of watch your money and buy the Sandwich stand as quickly as you can, then buy the refills for i

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 10:34 AM
Goals: Sell 5 Sandwiches, 5 Souvenirs, and have a Popularity of 7

For this one the same stuff as we've already covered applies, as does "Manage Your Umbrellas." Try to keep an umbrella over each person as you serve them water or food. That will add smiles to your popularity and make it easier to reach this goal. Same basics of watch your money and buy the Sandwich stand as quickly as you can, then buy the refills for it and the souvenir stand as quickly as you can, and don't forget to restock them. Also, advertising can be useful, though it may not be strictly necessary on this level.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 10:41 AM
Level 6

Goals: 3 Souvenirs, 3 Waters, 4 Sandwiches, & 6 tickets to the Banana
Time for Expert 3:40

This is a level where using advertising can make a huge difference. Please note that the time keeps running when you are playing a mini-game, it is only paused when you are in the advertising/personnel window, or the goal window to check your goals, so if you take too much time in the mini games it will cost you in the long run.

After you build your Banana Stand, go ahead and purchase the advertising, and if at all possible, only send out the banana "full" with three customers. This will help get you done faster.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 11:01 AM
Level 7

Goals: Build Swimming gear stand, Sandwich stand, and Souvenir stand; Sell 7 tickets to the Banana
Time for Expert: 4:20

On this one you want to build the smaller two stands as soon as you can, they will add to your popularity which will bring more people to the beach, which will make it easier to sell tickets to the Banana. You will need to use advertising too. I used 2 advertising credits. One at 40 seconds and one at 3 minutes.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 11:30 AM
Level 9

Goals: Build Bar, Build Sandwich Shop, Rent 3 Diving Gear (snorkels), Sell 6 tickets to the Banana, Earn $1000
Time for Expert 6:10

This level is a perfect example of prioritize your goals. Don't worry about building anything but the dive stand at first. Advertise the Banana then the Swim gear, and you should be able to meet your rent and sell goals, as well as your Earn goal by about 4 minutes. At that point build your two buildings (bar & sandwich shop) and you'll beat this one in plenty of time.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 22, 08 7:34 PM
Level 11

Goals: Build Souvenier Stand, Build Bar, Sell 11 Cocktails, Sell 6 tickets to the Banana
Time for Expert: 5:20

Start this one by seating four guests, then upgrading your banana right away, that extra cash flow will help and make quite the difference. Then, as soon as you have $500, build your bar, the second you have it built, buy advertising for it. As soon as you have $300.00 upgrade it. Then restock restock restock. And keep the advertising on it. Keep your customers happy and you should be able to buy your souvenir stand as you serve your 11th cocktail. This should get you expert with 20-25 seconds to spare.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 22, 08 7:36 PM
Bonus Level 1

Goals: Build Upgraded Banana, Build upgraded Swim gear, Sell 18 tickets to the Banana, Make $2000

This one is pretty straightforward, upgrade your banana right away, and buy advertising like it's air. As soon as you can build your swim gear and upgrade it. You should make this one with more than 30 seconds to spare.

Edited on 09/23/2008 at 11:57:31 AM PST

[Post New]by nikkipooh70 on Sep 24, 08 12:45 PM
I have done everything you said to do in level 9 and 10 and I still can not get the expert goal. Something is wrong if you cant get the expert goal. I played this level 30 times level 9 and 10 and did what you said to do and I still can not get the expert. Im telling you it is just impossible to do it. They got to be another better way.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 24, 08 3:04 PM
Let me go and try level 9 again and see if I can give you more information about the best way to do it.

I had to play level 10 several times, and the only way I found to beat level 10 in expert time was to go back after unlocking the 3 advertising option by playing level 11.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 24, 08 3:14 PM
nikkipooh70 wrote:I have done everything you said to do in level 9 and 10 and I still can not get the expert goal. Something is wrong if you cant get the expert goal. I played this level 30 times level 9 and 10 and did what you said to do and I still can not get the expert. Im telling you it is just impossible to do it. They got to be another better way.

Ok, Nikki, I'm going to go through what I just did.

Don't do anything except the following for Level 9

Seat 4 guests.
Buy the diving gear stand.
Get advertising for the Banana & the diving gear stand.
Refill the water tank as frequently as necessary, but don't upgrade it.
Don't upgrade the diving gear stand or the banana.
Do use Umbrellas to boost your approval rating.
Do serve customers as close to the order in which their wants pop up as possible. Doing this will get you a higher popularity factor, which brings more people to your beach.
Keep an eye on your money. When it hits $1000 buy your sandwich shop and Bar.
I just finished this level in 4:10. The Expert time is 6:10

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 24, 08 3:31 PM
Ok, I just did Level 10 again. And it is REALLY tight. I'm thinking part of what you have to remember is every minigame is ticking away at the clock. It's better to serve slightly full glasses of water than take lots of time to fill them. The same with the other minigames...click through and find the smiling face for the cocktail as fast as you can, stop as accurately as you can, and then click ok. Don't spend lots of time choosing the ingredients for the sandwiches. Don't spend lots of time choosing the souvenirs.
Buy advertising for the bar immediately. Buy advertising for the sandwich shop as soon as you build it. Buy advertising for the souvenir stand as soon as you build it. Upgrade the souvenir stand as soon as possible so when you restock, you are only having to restock twice instead of 3 times.

I think if you do all of that you should JUST squeak out an expert rating on this level. Like it said, it's REALLY tight. I only had 6 seconds to spare that time.

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Sep 27, 08 5:21 PM
Do you have tips for levels past 15? I've got expert on the first 14.

[Post New]by Anonymous on Sep 28, 08 2:03 PM
MLibby wrote:Level 13

Goals: Build Toy Stand, Souvenir Stand, Diving Equipment Stand, Rent 5 Snorkels, Earn $1500
Time for Expert 6:50

I haven't yet figured out how to get expert on this level. If someone out there has, please let me know. I would LOVE to get this one checked off my list. Moving on to Level 14 for now.
I played this level forever before i figured it out. you earn your 1500 coins first then buy whatever stands you need to get expert.

NannaX8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by NannaX8 on Sep 29, 08 8:37 AM
stebbins61 wrote:Do you have tips for levels past 15? I've got expert on the first 14.
could you please tell me how to get expert on level 13. Thanks

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 29, 08 11:52 AM
Sorry I've been gone, my company has been moving, and that has kept me away. I'll get back to level walkthroughs shortly! =-D

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Sep 30, 08 6:34 PM
Level 15

Build Disco
Buy Scuba gear
Build Bar

I got it done in 6 minutes.

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Oct 1, 08 8:02 AM
Level 22

Build Grill
Build Banana ride
Build Disco

I upgraded the banana and grill twice. I had four seconds to spare, so it's a tight round.

NannaX8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by NannaX8 on Oct 1, 08 10:17 AM
could you please help me with levels 13 and 14, i cannot get expert on these levels. also on 15 if you have made it . thanks

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Oct 1, 08 11:47 AM
any help on level 40? I can't even get master.

Go to: