LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:4 Elements - last level - SO Mean

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 16, 08 7:47 PM
I hope you will write directly to Playrix Entertainment and let them know how you feel. Maybe if more people write to them they will do something.

When we buy games we shouldn't only get to play part of it. We pay for the whole game. No one could tell by the 1 hour demo what was lurking for us in level 63.

It's almost like some really nice game developer created levels 1 through 62 then his EVIL TWIN took over and created the last two levels. I hope the nice game developer realizes what his EVIL TWIN has done and he will release an updated version of the game.

[Post New]by dgibbs2 on Sep 17, 08 1:33 PM
I couldn't agree more with your thoughts. I have played many frustrating games, but those last 2 levels take top position in that category. They are the absolute worst designs I have ever seen for a casual game. The designers are punishing a player for doing well by frustrating the utter ??# out of players. Other wise, I have enjoyed the game very much. So much so, I played all the way through level 63 in one sitting... nearly 12 hours. Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge. But those last 2 levels went way beyond a 'challenge'... there is nothing fun about them, just frustrations, and I will be very wary of buying another game from those designers. There is nothing more frustrating than getting all the way to the end of a game, and not being able to finish it!

Nuff said!

Don

Edited on 09/17/2008 at 1:34:36 PM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 17, 08 3:01 PM
I made it through the first 63 levels so far. I understand how to get through them, it's the fast pace that's a killer. I do think the scene moves too fast in level 64. I have filled up my bomb (red) power up a couple times, but fell short on the spade (green) one. My hands/wrists are stiff a lot of the time and I just can't move that fast. I guess I will have to have hubby get me through the first part on level 64 since he is a fast clicker.

The developers need to realize that their buyers are not all 18 years old!

[Post New]by automaton on Sep 20, 08 9:35 AM
I have 2 suggestions on how to first get the water flowing on level 64. As others have pointed out it is necessary to get both the bomb (red) and spade (green) power ups before the screen stops moving. If you do not have them you should immediately restart until you get them.

Firstly you might press the escape key which pauses the action until you press resume. This may enable you to plan your path somewhat even though you may not be able to see through the pause action part of the display which appears. You can continue to do this on your way through. The bomb powerup is used first through the stones when the action stops and then the spade power up. This will start the water flowing.

Secondly you may get one of your nimble fingered children or grandchildren to get those power ups for you. Once you get them you should be able to get through the rest of the level even though it is quite long. The timer is slowed down enough that if you managed to get to the turtle level, you will be able to get through this level as well.

All in all I found this a most enjoyable game and I am already on my third time through.

Edited on 09/21/2008 at 5:49:22 AM PST

yehazekel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by yehazekel on Sep 21, 08 8:18 PM
I'm afreid i have a ditto here-im so frustrated with 63-ive never much liked match 3 's but this one held its own till level 63..

yehazekel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by yehazekel on Sep 22, 08 9:01 AM
i hope youre right-and that sounds quite plausible-it's out of character with the rest of the game

howzat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by howzat on Sep 22, 08 12:19 PM
thanks for the advice.
I played the demo and was deciding whether to buy the full version, but have now decided not to.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 22, 08 12:24 PM
howzat wrote:thanks for the advice.
I played the demo and was deciding whether to buy the full version, but have now decided not to.

Don't completely pass this game up. Re-think it when it's re-released with level 63 being addressed by the developer. It may be too frustrating of a game for you now, but with the changes coming, it very well may be right for you.

[Post New]by efagin on Sep 26, 08 3:36 PM
Just in case I am not the only dummy out here I want to share something I figured out that makes 63 more doable (can't say that about 64 because I am SO stuck). If you hold the left click down - then just release it on the last tile, instead of clicking on each tile - you can pick up some speed. but apparently not enough for me to get through level 64. this game should come with those wrist support bands. but other than that have totally loved the game.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 26, 08 3:42 PM
efagin wrote:Just in case I am not the only dummy out here I want to share something I figured out that makes 63 more doable (can't say that about 64 because I am SO stuck). If you hold the left click down - then just release it on the last tile, instead of clicking on each tile - you can pick up some speed. but apparently not enough for me to get through level 64. this game should come with those wrist support bands. but other than that have totally loved the game.

You mean you have been clicking each tile all this time? If that's what everyone is doing, no wonder they are getting frustrated. I do the hold & release through the whole game.

btw... almost done with my 2nd go with this game. It's so much easier the 2nd time around.

[Post New]by efagin on Sep 26, 08 3:57 PM
well - LOL maybe I am the only dummy out here

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Sep 26, 08 4:16 PM
I felt the same way with this one, the difference between the earlier levels and the last two were unbelievable. I did finally get through them but it took many attempts, enjoyed getting to that level and loved the graphics, but the last two levels can be very frustrating.

catbabe1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by catbabe1 on Sep 26, 08 9:27 PM
I have to admit that the last two levels are really hard, but they weren't the only ones that I had to redo because of running out of time. I really loved the game and hated to have to leave it to do something else.

My granddaughter is playing it now and she, too, loves it. We are both into Fantacy and Fairies.

catbabe1

DeeItsMe
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by DeeItsMe on Sep 26, 08 9:47 PM
this game is soooo frustrating !! I got hooked on it very easily ~ but with the impossible ways to figure out the 63 and then 64 .. I got frustrated.

HEY BIG FISH .... I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Even when you are all numbed out from playing those levels over and over... then you finally win one !! wham then comes the next.

No great surprise at the end ! what a let down./

[Post New]by cbarnett on Sep 27, 08 1:47 AM
I finally got thru levels 63 and 64. I was one frustrated woman before I got thru this. I mean I worked myself into a tizzy......but couldn't stand not finishing it. If I play it again...I'll plan on skipping the finish.

[Post New]by redls57 on Oct 8, 08 7:40 AM
It took me a few restrts to work out how to get the power ups in time, but boy, did it feel goodafter I managed it. I managed the next level a little easier. I'm taking my tme second time round, actually reading the pages as the unjumble. I've seen more irritating helpers than the fairy eg the Ringmaster in the Hidden Object Game 2 or Giggles in Magic Match.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 8, 08 6:34 PM
blondie920 wrote:...It can be done

Only if you have hands that work well. Some of us have physical problems that keep us from being able to finish the game. That's why playrix has created the new version, which we hope to be seeing here on very soon.

koalaty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by koalaty on Oct 13, 08 9:14 AM
i AM WITH YA'LL !! WOW !! I love the game very much !! What a huge difference between the levels ! 63 go great & then WHAM !!! I have yet to get thru 63. Wish me luck !!! Thanks ya'll !!!!

[Post New]by dancan2 on Oct 16, 08 6:22 AM
I finished lvl 63 after about he 100 or so trys. But I find level 64 comepletly undoable. I have a fast system and the game runs fast.

I never complete most games unless im hooked on one like this. I find it dissapointing to not be able to finish it.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 16, 08 6:58 AM
dancan2 wrote:I finished lvl 63 after about he 100 or so trys. But I find level 64 comepletly undoable. I have a fast system and the game runs fast.

I never complete most games unless im hooked on one like this. I find it dissapointing to not be able to finish it.

When Big Fish releases the new version you should be able to finish level 64. Playrix changed level 64 to make it a lot easier to get the shovel and bomb you need for the first barrier. I got the revised version from Playrix on October 1st and played through 64 in one try.

Go to: