sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

On the island

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 23, 09 1:29 AM
Got as far as the island. There is no garden shears. Every time I try to go to the couple an arrow appears. When I hit it I get kicked out of game. What am I doing wrong?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

On the island

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 23, 09 1:32 AM
sandyterryb wrote:Got as far as the island. There is no garden shears. Every time I try to go to the couple an arrow appears. When I hit it I get kicked out of game. What am I doing wrong?

The garden shears do not appear for you in the lower left corner of the scene in the beach?

Margie B

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:On the island

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 23, 09 1:37 AM
No just sand and a couple of sticks. Tried hitting on everything in the area and nothing happens.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 23, 09 1:44 AM
sandyterryb wrote:No just sand and a couple of sticks. Tried hitting on everything in the area and nothing happens.

It sounds like you're doing everything right, I would either recommend restarting the game under a new profile (sometimes that helps) or you can contact customer support to see if they can help you find the issue.

Hope you get it resolved.

Margie B

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 23, 09 1:46 AM
Thanks Margie. Will try over first.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 23, 09 1:47 AM
sandyterryb wrote:Thanks Margie. Will try over first.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Good Luck!

Margie B

[Post New]by gillspurs40 on Oct 23, 09 2:41 AM
hi

when i get to the island i don't have any garden shears either and when i go to click on the couple it takes me through to different scenes that just go and go but nowhere and nothing takes me eventually out of the game

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 23, 09 2:45 AM
gillspurs40 wrote:hi

when i get to the island i don't have any garden shears either and when i go to click on the couple it takes me through to different scenes that just go and go but nowhere and nothing takes me eventually out of the game

Did you buy the game or did you download the 1 hour demo? I'm just wondering if that is the end of the demo or is something else is happening?

Thanks,

Margie B

[Post New]by gillspurs40 on Oct 23, 09 2:50 AM
hi i only got the demo but im reluctant to buy the game in case it keeps happening

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 23, 09 2:52 AM
I bought it right away, and so far it is running perfectly.

[Post New]by gillspurs40 on Oct 23, 09 2:54 AM
i will buy it then i have never had any trouble before with demos if it still isnt right il get in touch with customer service

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 23, 09 2:55 AM
gillspurs40 wrote:hi i only got the demo but im reluctant to buy the game in case it keeps happening

Hi Gillspurs40,

I'm guessing that it will not let you pick anything up because it's the end of the demo.

You can rest assured that if you buy the game and you have any problems with it Big Fish will issue you a credit.

If you got that far without any problems, chances are that you should be fine.

Margie B

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Oct 23, 09 4:03 AM
I am having the same problem, unistall and reinstall, tried a different name, and still I only get as far as the island, I am in demo but this has never happen before in demo. Just like the game yesterday, is it BigFish or what? Saving my credit not getting this game either.

sukibabe
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sukibabe on Oct 23, 09 4:12 AM
margie134 wrote:
gillspurs40 wrote:hi

Did you buy the game or did you download the 1 hour demo? I'm just wondering if that is the end of the demo or is something else is happening?

Thanks,

Margie B

Hi MsB

There is a cut-off point in the demo...it doesn't give you the full 60 minutes! It shuts you down when you land on the Island...I had only played 30 minutes, so I don't think I will be buying it!

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 4:15:12 AM PST

tridimano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tridimano on Oct 23, 09 4:12 AM
that is as far as the demo goes. You have to buy the game to go further.

[Post New]by Mandy150371 on Oct 23, 09 4:29 AM
I had the same prob..game stopped on the Island but I then purchased it and another 327,612KB are now downloading. So I am hoping this unlocks the next stages.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Oct 23, 09 12:16 PM
It seems a lot of folk are having the same issue. The demo stops when you arrive on the island - not a particular time in the hour.
Once I'd looked at the forum and worked that out I purchased and downloaded the whole game. It took almost an hour to download and that's with a mega fast broadband - HUGE game.

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 12:17:57 PM PST

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Oct 23, 09 1:05 PM
Me too, got to the island then clicked the arrow to go through the archway and it starts playing through lots of scenes, I guess are in the game and then it comes out of the game. I am playing the trial but I still have time left and cannot proceed. How odd for the studio to only let you play a demo, great if it takes you a long time to work out the puzzles but not so great if you finish if before your demo time is up. I do like it though will probably buy this one

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Oct 23, 09 3:34 PM
Hi Fishies!

Yes, that is the end of the demo version. The shears will be there as described in the walkthrough when you play the full game.

bfgBering

Go to: