trekkiespice
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Is this game stressful?

[Post New]by trekkiespice on Oct 23, 09 2:08 AM
Am I the only player who finds this game stressful? It really wears me out. Just as you are about to finish a level, something can be relied on to crash or catch fire and then you find you haven’t got enough gold, wood etc., to repair it and while you are waiting for those to build up something else catches fire and so on.

As if that weren’t enough, each level has three “episodes” and you have to complete all three before it will save, if you exit after the first episode it will be lost and next time you have to repeat it.

I now confine myself to one level a day and then play one of the less tiring games.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Is this game stressful?

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Oct 24, 09 8:05 PM
You are absolutely right~this game is very aggravating. I don't know if I even
want to finish it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 24, 09 8:12 PM
Yes I agree. I enjoyed it at first and played all 3 episodes to gold- then got sick of that real quick and just played to bronze- then gave up altogether.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Nov 3, 09 4:07 AM
On the other hand, I find the lack of a timer to be less stressful than, say, Build-a-Lot where you have demolished houses that you have to rebuild before the "you're a total loser" timer runs out. So I don't mind fixing as long as I'm not forced to finish within a time limit. Then again, I don't mind grinding around the landscape for 2 hours a night for 3 nights getting my RPG party up to a level high enough for the next dungeon. It's all according to what type of game you like.

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Sep 29, 10 3:34 PM
Yep, here's the rare case of a time management game without a timer. I believe they just had to remove the timer when realized that even without it the higher levels are challenging enough (or too much, for some).

But i'd like a timer to be there just for information, and for local highscore table.

auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by auntof6 on Jan 23, 11 12:28 PM
Add me to the list -- I also don't know if I want to finish it. It also doesn't help when the enemies do a little celebration dance as they steal your resources!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Aug 16, 11 1:10 PM
I found it annoyingly stressful. And, in the end, it became far too repetitive and gave the impression that the game is playing too much "against" the player.

It seems too easy to create a new harder level just by adding disaster on disaster and crashing or burning every single building. This has no real "merit"; you don't need to be too creative for that. If you just put a machine against a player, that's pure technology and nothing else. Result? the player just goes for something else.

... that's what I did. I bought it, and recently uninstalled it, even though I usually play and re-play (and still enjoy) other similar games (Roads of rome, My kingdom for the princes...).

mM

Go to: