rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

ending..... SPOILER WARNING

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 23, 09 6:45 AM
fantastic HE game, have just finished it (housework or new game to play - no contest). The only thing I am a bit puzzled with is the ending - or am I missing something. Escapes but plane crashes...... is this a to be continued or have I done something wrong........

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 11:13:37 AM PST

Re:ending.....

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Oct 23, 09 7:34 AM
I am as totally confused by the ending and if someone could give me an idea as to what they were trying to get across, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steph

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Re:ending..... SPOILER WARNING

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 23, 09 11:14 AM
Hi rosiekb,

I just wanted to let you know that I added a spoiler warning to your post for you just to avoid ruining the game for a new player. Please be sure to add a warning if you'll be giving away an aspect of the game in your post.

Thank you!

bfgEuphrates

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Oct 23, 09 11:56 AM
I feel the same way, I loved the game but the ending sure leaves a person hanging
Would love an answer to the question......is there going to be another game to follow this one or are we all left with a bad ending?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 23, 09 12:04 PM
I was disappointed in the ending as well. More and more games are doing these endings .... that aren't really endings. I'm finding it very irritating.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Oct 23, 09 2:06 PM
It's a way to let you know your mission isn't over. The next installment will probably pick up where this game left off.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Oct 23, 09 2:30 PM
sitecer wrote:I feel the same way, I loved the game but the ending sure leaves a person hanging
Would love an answer to the question......is there going to be another game to follow this one or are we all left with a bad ending?

I was disappointed with the abrupt ending.

When I clicked on the hat floating in the ocean (on the start/exit game screen) with the words More Games -- a fun screen shot opened.

The screen shot shows a gallery of the other HE games with items strewn around "the gallery" from the previous games. One of the framed pics has a banner across it that says Coming Spring 2010 -- behind the banner it looks like the word Escape...... hands are even coming out of the frame. The whole scene is very clever and eased some of the endings dissapointment.

Happy Gaming!
Welcome to the Forums sitecer.

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 4:14:25 PM PST

margeryk
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by margeryk on Oct 23, 09 3:08 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one who feels a bit let down by the ending. The game itself was great, but it felt like they ran out of time or money or something so they just said, Ok, this is the end, like it or not." And who exactly was in the plane that crashes in the end? Was is the daughter or me?

mk

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 23, 09 4:36 PM
The journal talked about the 3 islands and showed the one you crash on and talked about it being run by "kids" who didn't like rules. You also did the stained glass which showed Gideon's wife (forgot name already ) holding one of those creatures. I have no *doubt* this is a good ol' fashioned cliff-hangar and we will continue next time, apparently with an "Hidden Expedition: Escape Whatsit Island" like itsme mentioned above.

I played the game for about 5 hours so I expected it to end soon so was not stressed when it did. I do hope it continues tho, so we can get the whole story. There are 3 Islands, so maybe a Devil's Island Trilogy?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 23, 09 4:37 PM
margeryk wrote:And who exactly was in the plane that crashes in the end? Was is the daughter or me?

mk

Both. You went with her in the glider, she was unconscious.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Oct 23, 09 5:02 PM
Poodlebear wrote:The journal talked about the 3 islands and showed the one you crash on and talked about it being run by "kids" who didn't like rules. You also did the stained glass which showed Gideon's wife (forgot name already ) holding one of those creatures. I have no *doubt* this is a good ol' fashioned cliff-hangar and we will continue next time, apparently with an "Hidden Expedition: Escape Whatsit Island" like itsme mentioned above.

I played the game for about 5 hours so I expected it to end soon so was not stressed when it did. I do hope it continues tho, so we can get the whole story. There are 3 Islands, so maybe a Devil's Island Trilogy?

And this is why I enjoy your game reviews Poodlebear-you absorb everything.
Completely forgot the stories of the Islands.
Thanks for the specific reminders -- Can't wait! lol

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 5:04:04 PM PST

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Oct 23, 09 5:38 PM
I wanted to scream when the glider crashed on the other island! The developers sure know how to get us to keep spending money on their games Overall, I loved the game but hated the abrupt ending. At least, from what someone said earlier, we only have to wait until spring for the next installment instead of next fall.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 23, 09 8:35 PM
I knew that there would be another HE but until now I did not know there would be a sequal to this one. I see that the next part will be out in the Spring, not such a long wait.

This game was very different from the others in the series, Different graphics, different humor but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next part even though I am going to have to wait (sigh).

Thanks Big Fish! It's another winner as far as I am concerned

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Oct 23, 09 9:47 PM
I actually liked the appearance of the weird creatures and the "oh, yeah..." moment when I remembered that stained-glass window from earlier! But I agree that it was all a little too abrupt, especially with the not-so-scary credits music immediately starting up. I didn't really have time to absorb things before the credits and enjoy that moment of deep satisfaction you get when you finish a tough game...

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Oct 24, 09 6:57 AM
OK, loved the game, and I got that the ending meant there would be another installment, but.....am I the only one who would gladly pay 2-3 times the (now) standard 6.99 for a game that is all-in-one, WITHOUT installments? I'm not really into delayed gratification!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Oct 25, 09 1:52 PM
Loved the game! Looking forward to the next installment of the game

[Post New]by efan73 on Oct 26, 09 12:01 PM
I am so disappointed with the ending! I guess it is a 'to be continued...' ending.
(I don't usually post anything on these forum but just had to voice my disappointment with Big Fish!)

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Oct 27, 09 1:26 AM
It was a really fun game. I kind of liked the twist where the daughter and the pirate weren't the bad guys...it was dad. But that ending was just....????

Still fun. I just wish there had been a real ending. It's not like I wouldn't buy the sequel anyway.

jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Oct 27, 09 6:06 PM
Newbie here, swimming out of the reef! I've played and loved all of the HE games and thought the dazzling graphics, animation, and sound on this one were the best so far. Loved how the game was more about solving puzzles than finding hidden objects...the only disappointments were that it only took me three hours to finish (skipped one maddening puzzle - the rest were pretty easy) and the ending was weird and abrupt.

At the time I finished the game, I wished there was a way to save the game at certain points so that I could replay the ending because it happened so fast I'm still not sure of exactly what I saw. *Sigh*...this makes me really glad that the next installment will be out in the spring instead of a whole year from now, but I just hope that BFG makes it longer and more complex. I'm starting to fear that shorter, easier games will be a trend with new BFG titles since Drawn was the same way, with puzzles that were fairly simple to solve and limited gameplay (I also finished that one in three hours). On the other hand, MCF - MF and MCF - RTR both took well over five hours to finish and really had me gnashing my teeth at times!

Ah, well - I'm a loyal BFG fan and will continue buying these games because I can't get enough of 'em!

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Oct 28, 09 12:07 PM
I also thought the ending was pretty abrupt and short... With all the work we had to do to get to the end, it really rather came out of no where, BAM, we're done!

Go to: