vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Is it only me - Devils Triangel

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 23, 09 11:52 AM
I have no idea what is going on. The graphics are great and the acting is fine but I haven't a clue. Won't buy this game.

petes1000
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Is it only me - Devils Triangel

[Post New]by petes1000 on Oct 23, 09 11:54 AM
I enjoyed my free hour and I have just purchased it. It is very interesting. Graphics and story line are well done.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Oct 23, 09 11:57 AM
I wish there were instructions on the mini games b/c I am so lost...and if you click "hint" it solves the puzzle for you. But that's my only complaint.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Oct 23, 09 12:01 PM
Yeah, not what I call a hint.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 23, 09 12:03 PM
Wow, that's quite the "hint"! I bought it this morning, but haven't started playing it yet. I'll have to keep a look out for that hint issue.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Oct 23, 09 12:18 PM
sillyfeet wrote:I wish there were instructions on the mini games b/c I am so lost...and if you click "hint" it solves the puzzle for you. But that's my only complaint.

I did the same thing on the radar puzzle. I put the fuses back in, then I didn't know what I was supposed to do with the ones you fit together, clicked on hint thinking it would explain the puzzle. Solved that whole portion of it, then I figured out what to do on the radar screen that was pretty easy. It's like a minesweep type game. Oh well at least we figured out it did that at the beginning of the game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 23, 09 12:39 PM
Disappointed, disappointed.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 23, 09 12:46 PM
I'm loving it! The puzzles are challenging enough to require thought, but not so difficult I can't get them. (Except that radar thingy. LOL, when I looked at the walkthrough, it was like, DUH! (Finslap to head.) And, no, it isn't like minesweeper at all! I got part of it by blind luck, but couldn't get the rest. It didn't make sense. But, I'm not mathematically inclined, either.

And the graphics are drop-dead gorgeous! Reminds me of the graphics in Myst: Exile.

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on Oct 23, 09 12:52 PM
I agree with all opinions here. I also demoed the game but had no clue what I was supposed to do. At least with some of them, like Drawn or RTR you can figure some of the things out for yourself but to have a game that you need the walkthrough for from step one is too much. I won't be buying this one. However, If Echoes From The Past gets out of Beta soon, I will definitely buy that one. WONDERFUL GAME!!!!!
Edited to add:

Oh, Goodness, Phat-- I love Exile! But even in that game, challenging as it is, I could do some of it on my own.

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 12:54:53 PM PST

gracieg
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,082 Posts

[Post New]by gracieg on Oct 23, 09 1:10 PM
Just finished the trial...got everything but the radar screen puzzle...didn't even know where to start

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 23, 09 1:14 PM
Echoes is MUCH harder than Devils Triangle, IMHO! Great game, but very challenging. Devils Triangle is, if you are used to LFAs, pretty linear and not too hard to figure out. It makes sense to me, anyway.

I'm totally stuck in Echoes, and think I must go back and engage in a pixel hunt to see what I missed for a clue. I got into the study, but can't find anything to pick up the seeds. I got into the armory, and can't find anything else. All the doors are locked, and there I am!

ETA: LOL, LL, Exile is the only Myst game I didn't need hints for. Riven is the hardest one, IMHO.

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 1:16:02 PM PST

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on Oct 23, 09 1:37 PM
Phat--you're right. Riven is the one I was thinking of. But I like them all. Mysterious Journey is a prtetty good game of that type.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Oct 23, 09 3:24 PM
I am very happy that I have been able to do almost all of the game without needing hints. I made the mistake of asking for a hint on a game and discovered that it was solved so I started over and glanced at the walkthrough for some guidance. It was the puzzle where you were fixing the sonar and were at the third stage where colored numbers were generated after you clicked on the first one in the center. I could not figure out what was wanted, but a few glances and I went on to do the four puzzles, which were actually quite easy once I knew what I needed to do. So, I don't find the game too difficult but have no idea what would have been my attitude if I had not been doing these puzzles/mini-games for a couple years!

dixielynn
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by dixielynn on Oct 23, 09 7:12 PM
How can you play Echoes? Is it for beta testing only? How do you get to be a beta tester? I hope there is much more to Devil's Triangle than what the 30 minute demo gave. I was disappointed.

[Post New]by Jaguar994 on Oct 23, 09 7:20 PM
petes1000 wrote:I enjoyed my free hour and I have just purchased it. It is very interesting. Graphics and story line are well done.

hi
can you tell me if this game is as short as the demo or does it go on when you purchase the full version? thank you very much . my email is [Email Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/24/2009 at 10:41:52 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 24, 09 1:10 AM
To those asking abt length - the game took me abt 5 hours to complete and I am pretty good at this style of game. I used just a couple hints and looked at walk-thru once, inadvertently skipped one puzzle by hitting the hint button.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 24, 09 4:00 AM
I'm like PhatKhat-not mathematically inclined. Other than that I am so far really
enjoying this game. It's really raining outside right now, so perfect excuse to
continue enjoying Is this Echo game by big fish?? Sounds interesting

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 24, 09 5:40 AM
Jaguar994, anyone can read your posts on here, so I suggest you remove your e-mail address for your own safety. People can send you a PM if they can answer your question.

Friar
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Friar on Oct 24, 09 5:52 AM
I read some of the posts and found them mostly very positive so I went and purchased the full download and did not even try the teaser. Now that I am finished I read more negative comments. I will have to go and play the game and see who is right. Maybe some need easier games to play.

pegelee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pegelee on Oct 24, 09 9:20 AM
I played 3 levels of this game last level being the sonar machine and then when I clicked on the island scene it flashed forward thru the end and stopped asking to play again. Has this happened to anyone else? I was going to purchase this game but with all the glitches and problems won't buy it unless they fix it.

Go to: