begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Seasoned Players, Tell Us About Christmas!

[Post New]by begwood1 on Nov 20, 15 10:37 AM
Oh you wise and exalted long-time players, please tell us newbies a Christmas story. What was the Christmas special event like last year? We understand that this year's might or might not be the same, but what was the first one like?

What's all this we hear about needing a boatload of airship items to get us through? How many is a boatload? How will we be earning all those Christmas cards we notice in the achievements section? How will we be getting our greedy little hands on all those pet eggs that we see tempting us occasionally on the wheel?

Thanks for sharing your hard-earned experience with the newcomers! Christmas is just around the corner ...

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:Seasoned Players, Tell Us About Christmas!

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Nov 20, 15 10:44 AM
Yea twas the blimp...for eggs n such...decorations a bounty in that air sleighs clutch....much round and rounds never ending the crunch....and clatter of cards morphing snoflakes and coins and gems for the much..........so beware there will be more for us whom have.......an achievement to add.....or two or more......keeping us all doing rounds hither and galore........for ever the rounds on the Castle floors.....**D@NgeR** out ......happy holidays folks gobble noel cheers dradles and crumpets to boot!! OUT

Toegone
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Toegone on Nov 20, 15 11:04 AM
This is an exciting time for us players that just started this year. For the people that have already accomplished the achievements will there be new ones that will make it double hard for the newbee's? Or???
I am nervous that I won't get all the fall items.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 20, 15 11:09 AM
Yes Virginia Begwood .........what Danger said..........pretty much like this Halloween one.....except you get Ornaments from the HOS's instead of candy.......need a specified number of ornaments to do the DQ's (and an achievement) which earned you Christmas cards..........cards needed to craft the Christmas pets.......ummm.....morphing snowflakes instead of pumpkins. I think the Christmas eggs came from doing the DQ's........

A couple avatars..........an Elf and Santa. 🎅

The dice guy was Santa instead of a skeleton. Had to send the airship a bunch (stock up)........airship was Santa's Sleigh.......

I heard there will be added stuff to do this Christmas for those of us who already did last year.............

I am sure I am forgetting something..............

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Nov 20, 15 11:11 AM
we can expect the samsies for the achievements already in place.....and HOPEFULLY extras for those whom have them accomplished......what those extras specifically will be remains the 64K ?.....LOL we shall see.......but the pets of that lovly event are the bees knees.......crem de la crem....and soup a la grand....**D** out

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Seasoned Players, Tell Us About Christmas!

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 20, 15 11:29 AM
begwood1 wrote:Oh you wise and exalted long-time players, please tell us newbies a Christmas story. What was the Christmas special event like last year? Lots of fun; lots of new pets that deliver gold chests and don't require much pet food. We understand that this year's might or might not be the same, but what was the first one like?

What's all this we hear about needing a boatload of airship items to get us through? The current airship demands--the Halloween event--are much more reasonable. 5 of each item requested. If I remember correctly, we needed between 10 to 15 for each item (it varied), which took up a lot of the cards. How many is a boatload? Nearly every other quest required airship to be sent. So we were sending it out as fast as it came back 4 hours later, or using diamonds to bring it back sooner. How will we be earning all those Christmas cards we notice in the achievements section? The cards came from doing the HOSs, just like you are now receiving the candy...more HOSs=more cards. How will we be getting our greedy little hands on all those pet eggs that we see tempting us occasionally on the wheel? Not sure you will be able to get last year's pets....only the release of the new info will tell us what is required this year. After last year's event, I kept several eggs (eggs were doled out as a reward for finishing the daily quest). I also kept about 200 of each card so people could actually "activate" the lil darlin's --- then I just sold it all in April because no one was asking anymore. After I sold it all, Trina's quests came about and I could have disenchanted for a ton of shards....oh well, live and learn.

Thanks for sharing your hard-earned experience with the newcomers! Christmas is just around the corner ...

Not sure I am wise or exalted.....but here are some of your answers from a person who has been playing little over a year now.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Nov 20, 15 11:37 AM
Thank you so much! This is all exciting info. I have a yeti egg I won months ago, just sitting there waiting for some cards to bring it to life ...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 20, 15 11:57 AM
begwood1 wrote:Thank you so much! This is all exciting info. I have a yeti egg I won months ago, just sitting there waiting for some cards to bring it to life ...

Hopefully the cards (or whatever the Devs come up with) will connect to the Yeti so you can craft it!

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Nov 20, 15 9:42 PM
I have loved all the Christmas pets with no exceptions. They cost little to craft, were economic to feed and brought back a lot of gold. Definitely my favorites among all the pets. Neither the Spring nor the Fall pets have been half as good.
I have all of them, so I hope they give us a couple of new ones to craft.

Go to: