bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 25, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Secrets of Da Vinci players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 09 12:14 AM
I hope you enjoy the game. I sure did!

Here's the blog walkthrough address:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-secrets-of-da-vinci-walkthrough

PrplDva

[Post New]by LindyP on Oct 25, 09 9:53 AM
I just purchased "The Secrets of DaVinci" and can't seem to figure out the basics. When it begins there is no caretaker and no documents, where are they? There is also no way to get to the "save" page or any way to quit without shutting the computer down. How do I access all the items they say in the walkthrough are available (journal, options menu, gold coins, compass)? I'm really anxious to play this game correctly, but am completely and totally lost. Please help me before I go bananas!! LindyP

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 09 10:07 AM
LindyP wrote:I just purchased "The Secrets of DaVinci" and can't seem to figure out the basics. When it begins there is no caretaker and no documents, where are they? There is also no way to get to the "save" page or any way to quit without shutting the computer down. How do I access all the items they say in the walkthrough are available (journal, options menu, gold coins, compass)? I'm really anxious to play this game correctly, but am completely and totally lost. Please help me before I go bananas!! LindyP

Hi LindyP- welcome to the forums!

Use a right-click to access the inventory screen.

I hope this helps.

heathere
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by heathere on Oct 26, 09 9:57 AM
is this game the same as great secrets da vinci. I've just purchased it and it said welcome back do you want to play again. Unfortunately I've got prob with pc and cant get on to play. Just can't understand why it's said i've played. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather

Titania
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Titania on Oct 26, 09 10:21 AM
I was really enjoying this game - until I got to the part where I had to make the rose perfume, I managed to do this okay until it got to the part where I had to put the perfume in the bottle, no matter what I do I cannot get the perfume bottle underneath to fill it up. I click on the flask but nothing happens. I do hope it is something I am doing wrong and not a glitch in the game, as I would hate to have to start over.

Edited on 10/26/2009 at 10:22:36 AM PST

[Post New]by paintbrush66 on Oct 26, 09 10:43 AM
I am really enjoying this game, but I am stuck now. I have even looked in the walkthrough and can't seem to find out where to get the saltpeter for the gun powder.

can anyone help.
Thanks in advance

[Post New]by paintbrush66 on Oct 26, 09 10:44 AM
Titania wrote:I was really enjoying this game - until I got to the part where I had to make the rose perfume, I managed to do this okay until it got to the part where I had to put the perfume in the bottle, no matter what I do I cannot get the perfume bottle underneath to fill it up. I click on the flask but nothing happens. I do hope it is something I am doing wrong and not a glitch in the game, as I would hate to have to start over.

[Post New]by paintbrush66 on Oct 26, 09 10:46 AM
I believe it you will click the purfume bottle on the filled up flask it will do the trick if i am remembering correctly. Give it a try

Titania
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Titania on Oct 27, 09 12:47 AM
Hi, Thanx for your reply Paintbrush66 but I have tried that the liquid is not in the flask, just in the receptacle above. - I am beginning to thing it is a glitch in the game. Oh how I wish I had saved it sooner.

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 1:01:21 AM PST

Titania
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Titania on Oct 27, 09 12:58 AM
RE: The Saltpeter, there is a cellar in the kitchen through a trapdoor - under the sacks
Saltpeter, is on the wall at bottom of the stairs.

PS I solved my problem with the perfume, silly me, I had forgotten to close the door of the stove..

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 3:07:03 AM PST

kimtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kimtoo on Oct 29, 09 7:09 AM
I have a problem, I have no knife, tho I know I picked it up. I sure hate to begin all over again....but don't know what else to do? I'm at the point where I need it for several tasks...and it's not there.

[Post New]by juliahanna on Oct 29, 09 7:25 AM
there is another knife on the table in the kitchen in front of the fire place

bast
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bast on Oct 29, 09 3:27 PM
I must seem a bit lame, but how to I get out of this game without hitting ctrl-alt-delete?

[Post New]by juliahanna on Oct 29, 09 3:35 PM
in your inventory there is a button on the bottom right just by the sun moon button

qnef
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by qnef on Oct 29, 09 9:07 PM
The game does have a lot of glitches..Inventory disappears quite
frequently. The game also hangs up when I ask to buy the roll of
wire/string for the easel, Had to use control alternate, delete to
get out of it.I save frequently, but all the saves are not there when
you need them. Hope BF fixes the glitches soon.......

[Post New]by Habsha on Nov 2, 09 7:07 AM
I've just purchased the game and I don't know how to use the items in the inventory. When I select the item it appears in top corner of the screen but I don't know how can I use it.

[Post New]by Mmonteleone on Nov 2, 09 9:26 AM
I love the game so far. I am on trying to put the etching picture I found in the secret passageway (yes, I have put flour on it to make it easier to read) into the porfolio so I can compare it to the paper given to me by the King. The paper (which, when my mouse hovers over it reads: unfinished paper or something like that) will not go into the portfolio. I have even tried starting the game all over; thinking I have missed something but still come to the same place. What am I missing?
I am up to day 4: Sept 25, 1522

Hoping someone can help.
Margaret

[Post New]by gaffergaff on Nov 4, 09 5:02 AM
hi - just got this game, but playing on a mac. having trouble with basic commands - i can access inventory by pressing 'i', but can't put items back in inventory once i pick them up. anyone know what the command is? i can't even open inventory to pick up something else instead. cheers

Major problem with the house plan puzzle...

[Post New]by ajjscott on Nov 5, 09 6:46 AM
I've enjoyed this game all the way up to the last day, where I've hit a brick wall. I saw pretty quickly how to use the clues picked up earlier in the game to adjust the four 'dials' on the plan of the manor, but doing so doesn't produce the 'searchlight beams' shown in the walkthrough. Am I missing something? No matter how often I talk to Saturnin I don't get the extra clues mentioned in the walkthrough, either - think I must have a slightly different version of the game.

I've even managed to create the fake Mona Lisa in the meantime (not sure how - at one point I walked away and left the game running, and when I came back the job was done!)

LATER...

Got it. Hadn't realised you needed to a bit more than interpret the codes - there's clicking involved... [read the walkthrough in detail if stuck...!]

Edited on 11/05/2009 at 8:07:20 AM PST

Go to: