Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 21, 15 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/21/2015 at 5:28:53 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 21, 15 1:26 AM
This is the 2nd game this week that has not allowed me to play the demo, the Game Manager says Trial Expired - Buy.

The first game was Goldilocks and the second is today's game Surface, this is not fair as both games could be duds.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 21, 15 1:59 AM
Hello, Dax,

I have sent you a PM.

BK

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 21, 15 7:03 AM
Can't even play the demo; access violation and then Windows message saying game has 'stopped working'. Curious since it never started working.

Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: Now I can't play any game in my Game Manager; getting the same access violation and Windows message for everything, including the Dark Parables game I was playing for hours on Thursday

Not sure what's happened but it's not a tech issue with this game.

Edited on 11/21/2015 at 8:16:00 AM PST

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Nov 21, 15 8:54 AM
Hi angelfish106,

I had the same problem during the week. You may have downloaded an update which has caused this. Do you have AMD Gaming Evolved? Funny enough I have just been told to restart my computer so that an update can be done. I haven't done this yet though and will let you know. I'm unsure if this is the culprit because my TEENAGER son gets on my computer sometimes to play on Steam and he may have downloaded something from that.

What you will need to do is a 'System Restore' which will put your computer back to a time before this happened. You can do this by clicking on the following:

~ Start
~ Computer
~ System Properties
~ System Protection
~ System Restore

You will need to load the game back down again. But it should work. Give it a try and let us know what happened. I have Win7 Prof 64-bit too. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/21/2015 at 10:11:32 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 21, 15 3:32 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Can't even play the demo; access violation and then Windows message saying game has 'stopped working'. Curious since it never started working.

Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: Now I can't play any game in my Game Manager; getting the same access violation and Windows message for everything, including the Dark Parables game I was playing for hours on Thursday

Not sure what's happened but it's not a tech issue with this game.

Hello, angelfish106,

I have sent you a PM.

BK

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 21, 15 5:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 22, 15 5:08 AM
charlene_lane wrote:Hi angelfish106,

I had the same problem during the week. You may have downloaded an update which has caused this. Do you have AMD Gaming Evolved? Funny enough I have just been told to restart my computer so that an update can be done. I haven't done this yet though and will let you know. I'm unsure if this is the culprit because my TEENAGER son gets on my computer sometimes to play on Steam and he may have downloaded something from that.

What you will need to do is a 'System Restore' which will put your computer back to a time before this happened. You can do this by clicking on the following:

~ Start
~ Computer
~ System Properties
~ System Protection
~ System Restore

You will need to load the game back down again. But it should work. Give it a try and let us know what happened. I have Win7 Prof 64-bit too. Hope this helps.

I have used System Restore before, although not since I had Win7 installed in April. But I did it last night and it does seem to have cured the problem as I can now play my other games. I will try this demo once more; maybe it will be third time lucky! I do have AMD Gaming but it hasn't done an update recently.

Thanks for the suggestions

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Nov 25, 15 4:41 PM
Got a strange message trying to download this game; my McAfee said it was a dangerous download and could contain a virus or spyware. Using Windows 10. Been with Bigfish since 2009 and never have received a message like that prior to this. Curious if anyone else has had this problem and though I trust Bigfish completely I am a little afraid to try this game. Update: So, after having tried to download this multiple times with no success, windows did an update on my computer and I was finally able to download this game with no problems. Not sure what was going on, but obviously it was something to do with my computer rather than the game itself.

Edited on 12/23/2015 at 7:18:26 AM PST

[Post New]by kilo92 on Nov 27, 15 11:16 AM
Purchased this game. It ran fine for a couple of weeks. Then I started getting a black screen upon start up. Now I have to Force Quit. Running on IMAC with OSX 10.9.5. Everything on MAC side is up to date. This is the second Elephant game I've had this same issue with. Anymore suggestions? I ran MacDrFelix and have a zip file. No where to attach it here.

Thanks

Go to: