bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and reviews The Secrets of Da Vinci

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 25, 09 3:40 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews The Secrets of Da Vinci

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 25, 09 5:39 AM
everybody is waiting for the next guy to review it?? I've wasted credits on games b4, been disappointed . Think I'll look for a trial for this else where first.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 25, 09 5:44 AM
Good idea. I found a demo and the game didn't work on my computer!

[Post New]by bakagaijin78 on Oct 25, 09 5:49 AM
Well, perhaps no one here has played it yet? You could just google reviews on the game get some in-depth info on it. I don't think I can provide links to outside sites in this forum, but IGN & Gamespot have a couple decent reviews.

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 25, 09 6:18 AM
vicalana wrote:Good idea. I found a demo and the game didn't work on my computer!

In my search the only demo d/l i have found were for mac OS or in french, LOL I think the reason is that it was released in 2006 for PC.

so it might not be a problem with d/l from BF. the game is by Kheops Studio and I have played and thoroughly enjoyed their games with no problems (drac III is one of them. )

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 6:33:04 AM PST

klsuch
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klsuch on Oct 25, 09 6:34 AM
Game House has a trial download of this game. I am DL it now I'll let you know if it works!

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 25, 09 6:43 AM
klsuch wrote:Game House has a trial download of this game. I am DL it now I'll let you know if it works!

Thanks but too late, decided to just buy here. I trust the games by Kheops Studio and if I have a problem, BF has shown that they stand by their games.

klsuch
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klsuch on Oct 25, 09 6:47 AM
Game Houses trial is a different game called DaVinci's Secret so don't bother with it.
Sorry guys!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 25, 09 6:52 AM
I just started playing.. the download took a while so I went to bed.

This adventure game plays pretty much tha same as others. You need to investigate everything. open ever drawer and door that will open, look for keys, pick up every item that you can. Your inventory will hold a lot of items. Right click to open the inventory.

The graphics are good. This game is reminiscent of the Nostradamus game that we played a while back. I see similarities in the house but that's OK, this house seems to be larger and has more to do.

You play a young, not so honest, man who has come to this house to find Da Vinci's codex, You are doing this sneakily rather than asking about it. You have a "conscience" meter. You must be neither too bad nor too good, Some game play depends on your good/bad choices so try to keep the meter even. You arrive at this house at night so the scenes are a bit dark and you will need to wait until morning to investigate some rooms,

I can't say much about the game, pro or con. it seems to be an average adventure game. If you enjoy them, you will probably enjoy this one. I like it so far.

Be sure to save your game often. That is good advice for all adventure games. The game does not autosave so don't forget or you will have to replay some of it.

Allura
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Allura on Oct 25, 09 7:12 AM
From the video, it looks like it has the 360 angle ability. Does it? The games that spin around like that make me feel dizzy. I started playing Dracula III, but I didn't like that the screen was difficult to keep steady.

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 7:26:43 AM PST

bevat
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bevat on Oct 25, 09 7:29 AM
Makes me dizzy too. I don't bother with those at all anymore. I think I have 1 that is that way and sorry I bought it. Other than that, love big fish games.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Oct 25, 09 8:07 AM
There is a review at Gameboomers dating this game to 2006 with no mini-games, timed sequences and is a non-linear game. The review gave it an A-. I bought this (probably at 20-30 bucks) and it was a good solid adventure game, with the usual elements involved in an adventure game. The story was interesting and the puzzles were fun and challenging. Great price at $6.99 for adventure fans!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 25, 09 8:43 AM
There is also a review on Just Adventure (from 2006). It received an "A" and the review goes into quite a bit of detail about the game without giving too much away.

I really like Kheops games so will most likely buy.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 09 9:21 AM
Allura wrote:From the video, it looks like it has the 360 angle ability. Does it? The games that spin around like that make me feel dizzy. I started playing Dracula III, but I didn't like that the screen was difficult to keep steady.

Hi Allura! Welcome to the forums!

You can set the camera rotation to slow.

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 25, 09 10:42 AM
This is a very dark game, got my monitor to full brightness and it doesnt help.

PS just checked the options and brightness is not an option

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 10:44:19 AM PST

[Post New]by calijne on Oct 25, 09 11:55 AM
I found the interface on this game to be nauseating. It is literally unplayable to me which is disappointing since the premise/graphics look wonderful.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 09 1:04 PM
calijne wrote:I found the interface on this game to be nauseating. It is literally unplayable to me which is disappointing since the premise/graphics look wonderful.

Hi Calijine! Welcome to the forums!

I had the same problem. Make sure to go to options and set the camera rotation to slow. It really makes a difference. And...the game is worth another try.

I hope this helps.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 25, 09 1:29 PM
I played this game when it was originally released, and I thought it was yet another fine game from Kheops; I really enjoyed it.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 25, 09 2:33 PM
No trial version, no sale for me. Without knowing how the 360 is going to make me feel.....nope. Guess I'll have to wait to hear more reviews. What do you all think? Is it worth my one lonely credit?
giggyann

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Oct 25, 09 2:41 PM
The look and feel is similar to Nostradamus. There are a few hints like "I'll come back to that later" so you don't waste your time on something your character is not ready to have/do. Dialogs with other characters do not make you choose every topic in the list before you're allowed to continue (at least so far that seems to be the case). Glad that a mixture or process, once begun, is not dumped or removed if you don't complete it. I enjoy the added dilemma of having money added to the game; makes you ponder your use of those five gold coins you are given.

I can't think of a better way to have wasted my Sunday afternoon. Thoroughly enjoying this one. Now if I can only find water! I'd gladly mess with a well like in Nostradamus if only there were one!

[Updated: Duh, The water was right there.]

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 6:10:47 PM PST

Go to: