bamc
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Half off Discounts

[Post New]by bamc on Nov 21, 15 5:15 AM
I am curious to know whether or not anyone else used the Half off coupon to purchase this game? I am wondering when $9.99 became 50% of $13.99? The math I was taught says that 50% of $13.99 is $6.33333. Any one else who feels that this is false advertising? I'd like some money back.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Half off Discounts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 21, 15 5:20 AM
bamc, the prices are based on the non-member prices......

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 21, 15 5:22 AM
Maybe GAMECLUB still works??

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 21, 15 5:25 AM
Codes for this are

HALF for CEs

OFF for SEs

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 21, 15 5:47 AM
Legacy games has the new "Where Angels Cry 2: for only 5.95. I'm going there for a better sale than here!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 21, 15 7:00 AM
Thanks Murphy...

And, half off means nothing to the game members....sheesh"

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 21, 15 7:15 AM
Since the banner reads $19.99 for CE's, $9.99 would be half. They show the retail price, since not everyone is a Game Club member.

It's still cheaper than the Game Club members' price for CE's. And they do have sales exclusively for members sometimes, which precludes those that aren't.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Nov 21, 15 7:16 AM
I am also fed up with 'half off' prices which even given my bad maths aren't half off. If it was half off non member prices surely that would be even more off? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Felix sure is getting tight in his old age. Maybe Black Friday will give us members a better deal!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 21, 15 7:27 AM
Most "Half Off" sales are half the regular price which is still a nice sale. This past week we had another "Half Off" sale that gave half price for both non-members and Game Club members. I took advantage of that one.

I can't really complain about half of the regular price even though as a GC member I would like to have more half off GC price sales. At $9.99, it's still better than the GC price. Please keep alert, Also check the newsletters which sometimes have extra sales not announced on the site.

Edited on 11/21/2015 at 7:28:40 AM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Nov 21, 15 9:09 AM
I'm not a game club member anymore but I wait for their 65% off sales which come frequently and give me a SE for $3.49 and a CE for $6.99. Wait for those instead if you're not a club member.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 21, 15 7:44 PM
I will be waiting with you FishyFemale .
This member's budget does not allow for games at 9.99.
A lovely sale for those who can.
I liked it better when we could expect a 6.99 or 7.99 sale, about every 10 days.

For now, I am going to download some of the older games I have and replay them while I wait for a better sale.

I had such a smile on my face when I saw "half off" until I saw the price listed and it was not off the member price.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 15 4:52 PM
Goodness, you guys are never happy. What are you all moaning about? Club members had an exclusive half off sale on Wednesday - only 4 days ago - where you could get the CEs for just $6.99. And now you expecting already another one?

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Nov 24, 15 6:55 AM
I agree with you Valdy. BFG has frequently had CE games for $6.99, or 2 for 1, which amounts to the same thing per game. And yes, 50% off $19.99 would be $9.99 so I don't know why someone thought it would be even more off at 50% off Retail Price. BFG sometimes states "off Retail Price" on their banners, but they didn't this time, so I sort of see the confusion. However, when a person goes to check out, they can clearly see how much they will be paying before they submit their order, so they could easily cancel the order, or delete the particular game before submitting, if they are getting other games. I have done that a few times when I either misread the sale details, or thought the sale price was going to be less than it came up as. Sorry, but I don't feel like BFG is trying to pull anything, and I have never felt taken advantage of since 2009. Any game that had glitches that never got fixed and that I was not able to play to the end, were replaced by BFG with another game credit (CE or SE), after I reported the problems with them. Although it may be frustrating when a game doesn't work properly and I'm disappointed that I couldn't finish them, I have never been out my money, since I did get free replacements.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 2, 15 6:43 AM
Okay, so today's that 65% off sale that I predicted would come soon (from my post above dated November 21st). I live for these since I'm not a club member anymore and am on a limited budget. It's doubly nice for me because I can buy a birthday present for myself today too.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 2, 15 12:31 PM
FishyFemale wrote:Okay, so today's that 65% off sale that I predicted would come soon (from my post above dated November 21st). I live for these since I'm not a club member anymore and am on a limited budget. It's doubly nice for me because I can buy a birthday present for myself today too.

I so agree FishyFemale. Lately, we have only been getting 6.99 sales about every 10 days to 2 weeks. It used to be much more often than that....with occasional gaps where we had to wait longer.
I really need these sales as well.....it strains my budget to be both in the game club with my monthly fee...and to pay more than a certain amount for a game per month.
And, while I support the lower price sales for people like you, who aren't in the game club anymore.....I do not see any problem with having special sales for game club members so often, because our monthly fee, is part of the way the company generates income to do, what they do. No objections to that....
But, it is not bad mannered grousing to want to have the lowest sale prices, a bit more often.

Go to: