Not worth the $$!!

[Post New]by chickady_07 on Oct 25, 09 11:53 AM
This game seemed like so much fun i couldnt wait to play it. I love Flo. I tried the 1-hr. demo and decided to buy it. As if completing it in only 4 hours wasn't lame enough, I then realized there was a whole list of 'cheats' on the Blog Walkthrough. It really ticked me off because I did struggle at times at didn't even know that was there. I am sure if I had used that, I would have gotten it completed in half the time or sooner. I love this game, but they should of had more than one wedding to save. They should have put a few weddings on there. This is complete c-r-a-p. Maybe next time they will realize people don't want to waste their money on something they can solve in 4 or 5 hours. I like games that take me alot longer than that to complete.
Does anyone else agree????

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Not worth the $$!!

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 26, 09 9:26 AM
Yes, I do agree. I was very disappointed, there is no challenge now that it is completed in such a short time.

jlvc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jlvc on Oct 31, 09 1:31 PM
I totally agree! I've wasted so much money on games that only last a few hours! it's sooo frustrating!

[Post New]by yakisquaw on Nov 11, 09 7:44 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one that feels this way. After playing most of the games in the DD series I got excited when I saw this one. I thought it would be nice to play one that was a little different. I finished the game in one evening! What a dissapointment! I agree with the person that said they should have had more than one wedding to save. The game was fun but it should have been longer.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Dec 19, 09 11:34 AM
I know what you mean about the game not being very long, but when I compare this to other forms of entertainment, it's not such a bad deal. How many people pay twice this much for watching a movie (only get to watch once)...or at least this much for a book they can get through in the same amount of time?

True, it doesn't last as long as many of the games, but I found the storyline engaging, the concept fun, and I was glad to see a few different-than-usual minigames. I don't consider this a waste of my money at all, though perhaps not as good a deal as some other games.

On a side note, my 9-year-old was fascinated by it and was having lots of fun playing as well, so that's worth something to me also.

Cheers!

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Yetses on Dec 20, 09 10:23 AM
I disagree. If you were disappointed by the cheats-why look at them in the first place? I really liked this game, thoguht it was beautifully excecuted and the story was good as well.

fishgirl77
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by fishgirl77 on Dec 24, 09 4:30 PM
Yetses has a point, it was a great game, but I was really disapointed when I finished so quickly. When I buy games, I expect them to last me months, even if it means playing it through more than once. You can't really play this game twice.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Oct 27, 10 1:53 AM
How is it that people can complete this game in just a few hours?? i can't get past the aerobics game.

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on Oct 27, 10 6:48 AM
Guess we play games for different reasons. How long it takes to play a game or what "cheats" are available are irrelevant to me. I play for entertainment and to keep my mind active. This game does both and in a humorous way.

We love Avenue Flo. Yes it is refreshingly simple in its approach but that is part of its appeal. It has been played several times by each member of our family. Simple in its approach does not mean a simple game. There are some mini games that take several attempts to get through them. But unlike so many other games, the mini games are actually part of the story. Avenue Flo is one of our favourite games and we are all anxiously awaiting the sequel. How can you go wrong with $3 or even $7?

Is this for everyone? Obvious not. No game is. That is why there are demos.

If you want games that will last months, I suggest checking out the Large File games. BFG has lots of great ones to offer.

Go to: