Level 34, major problem.

[Post New]by terriefarrell on Sep 17, 08 8:26 AM
I've completed the game with about half half gold and silver. I'm usually pretty good at these types of games but one thing is really bugging me. Level 34 I can't even get master on, nowhere near in fact. This is where you have to rent out 15 lots of scuba equipment, 5 on the banana, 5 on the disco and build the steak bar. I'm building the scuba thing first and adding the equipment as soon as i have the funds to. Plus, because i've completed the game I already have 5 advertising stars and i'm using all of them on the swimming equipment and yet even 15 minutes into the game I'm still nowhere near my target for the scuba equipment. Customers just don't ask for it often enough. I also have the same kind of problem with lifesavers in other levels. Is it just that the time has been set wrong to complete it cos i don't see how you can build all four buildings from scratch and reach expert in 5 minutes!

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Level 34, major problem.

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 2:37 PM
Ok, I can get within 5 seconds of expert on this one.

What I did, I bought the diving gear first, then I started advertising on it. As soon as I had 150 I bought the first scuba set.
Once I had that I pretty much stuck like glue to the diving gear until I cycled through the three guys who pop up there, I used umbrellas to buy more time for the people wanting water in the meantime. As soon as I could I bought the second scuba set. I kept up with the advertising for the dive gear. I bought the banana first, then the disco, then upgraded the disco once, then the banana once, then the disco a third time. By the time I was at 5:30 I had rented all of my scuba gear. I didn't get the waitress or the maintenance guy so that I could concentrate on getting the money, this meant I had to click ahead, and if I was in a pinch, undo a task so I could get someone their diving gear or tickets quicker.

I'm not sure how to get expert in 5:50, like I said, my best time is 5:55, but that's pretty close, so maybe if I'd waited on my last advertising or last two advertising and used them on the banana and disco I would have done better. I'm not certain.

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Sep 17, 08 2:39 PM
Also, I've started to figure out who asks for what...the speedo guys, the teenage guys and the musclemen will ask for the scuba, the others just won't. The older guys won't ride the banana or scuba. The kids won't ride the banana (I know, doesn't apply to this level) but thinking about which customers are waiting to be seated, and what I have left in the way of tasks, helps some too.

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Sep 27, 08 4:56 PM
My time is 6:52. When the expert time is up, I had 11/15 scuba gear rented. I think I have about 20 rounds that are silver. It's really hard to get a gold.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 27, 08 9:27 PM
How do you advertise for a specific service?

for advertising: go to the right top in the screen = to the desk and click; you can choose Personal or Advertising. Click Advertising and ....... Voila.!

Knowing when there aren't enough credits

[Post New]by speedcat on Oct 1, 08 4:04 PM
I"m probably a basic player for these games. One thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to be smart enough to know when you don't have enough credits to upgrade a shop. I've had to quit the game a few times and create new user names and then try to remember what level will ask for certain upgrades before it will go on to play. Anyone have any tips on this? I did go through all levels once, but it seems as if the "guy" always has the high points. My one time through so far, it was a tie. Have others experienced this as well? Or was it just my play?

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Oct 2, 08 9:28 AM
One way to get more credits for the shop is just to replay previous levels until you have enough. I started the game again with a new character and have been trying to get expert on every level as I go through, because I'm trying to write level walk-throughs and I forgot which things unlock when, and I have been playing the levels repeatedly until I have expert and know what to write on the walk-through....I have spare credits in the shop because of this.

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Oct 4, 08 7:14 AM
I googled the game and didn't even know about advertising until I was on the seond to last level. It really pays to advertise. I only have four more levels to go and all will be expert.

stebbins61
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by stebbins61 on Oct 4, 08 7:17 AM
For level 34, I built the dive and adveritsed it, then the disco, then the banana, and the grill last. Build the grill last since you don't need have to have upgrades. I also bought the waitress. She helps when you can't give people water.

xxxHazeyxxx
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by xxxHazeyxxx on Jan 12, 09 9:56 AM
I am having the same problem have all gold untill that level i just cant get past it I also play the levels over to get more stars but this level is driving me nuts!LOL

RiffRandell
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by RiffRandell on Jan 26, 09 6:49 PM
I finally got expert on this one today...I've been trying for ages. I followed mlibby's walkthrough above. Clientele is very important on this level...you need all possible musclemen and speedo guys. When it's to admit people go for those, only letting in other types when you must. They are the ones who rent the scuba gear but will also go to the disco and ride the banana. Since the customers vary so much you just have to keep restarting until you get a nice flow of those men. I finished at 5:28.

Now I still have to get expert on levels 27, 38, 39, 40 and Bonus Level 10...

jsteb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jsteb on Apr 28, 09 3:20 PM
This was the last level I needed to get Expert on and I finally got it today!!! Riff is right about the clientele, you have to restart until you get a beach full of guys, but the trick that finally did it for me was when I broke down and used the waitress. You wouldn't think she'd make that much difference, but she really did. I finished with 8 seconds to spare (and this was after playing probably 50 times and constantly going over the time limit!) I bought the dive stand first and upgraded it to two scuba tanks as soon as possible advertising all the while. After that, I bought the waitress as soon as I had enough money, then the banana, one upgrade, advertise, and the disco, one upgrade, advertise. Bought the grill at the very end.

[Post New]by bkr900 on Oct 4, 09 5:27 AM

Thanks too all the tips, I got expert score with 10 seconds left!

I started with 2 bodybuilders and 2 regular guys. bought the dive stand and advertised imediately. Upgraded fully as soon as possible, then bought the waitress. Then the bananaboat, upgraded, advertised. Then the disco, upgraded twice, didn't advertise. meanwile I advertised 4 times total for the divestand. Then bought the meatstand.

Go to: