Abbegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Destination: Treasure Island (Help)

[Post New]by Abbegirl on Oct 25, 09 2:09 PM
Hi....I am trying to locate the wick for the lighter. I must have missed it somewhere along the way. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

Re:Destination: Treasure Island (Help)

[Post New]by geezing on Oct 25, 09 2:28 PM
Played this game but can't remember anything so went looking.
According to Gamezebo's walkthrough wick isn't used.
Oakum is used. I know too well how frustrating some of
these games can be. Hope you do well, and let us know how
you do.

Abbegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Abbegirl on Oct 25, 09 4:53 PM
Yes, you're right they can be very frustrating! I could have sworn in the beginning somewhere they mentioned a wick for the lighter. I have tried to combine the lighter with the Oakum, but it isn't working so I am lost! I have gone over the walkthrough, and can't find anything about it. If someone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it! I am stuck and I can't go any farther without starting a fire.

[Post New]by IslandDaisy on Oct 25, 09 7:58 PM
Hi Abbegirl,

"In inventory, combine the lighter with no wick + oakum = lighter. Use the lighter on the fuel on the fire pit."

The fuel is a pile of wood and the oakum can be found on the beach near where you first land, in a wrapped package, along with a mallett and a caulking iron.

After you pick up the package, disassemble it in your inventory.

Hope this helps.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Oct 26, 09 8:36 AM
Hi Abbegirl,

Just letting you know that, in order to keep the forums tidy, I've gone ahead and moved this thread out of the general Chit Chat forum to the official forum for this game.

You can find a forum for each of the games that we carry here by clicking on the "All Game Forums" tab then by searching the alphabetical list or by typing a keyword from the title of the game into the Search bar.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 26, 09 9:23 PM
Abbegirl wrote:Yes, you're right they can be very frustrating! I could have sworn in the beginning somewhere they mentioned a wick for the lighter. I have tried to combine the lighter with the Oakum, but it isn't working so I am lost! I have gone over the walkthrough, and can't find anything about it. If someone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it! I am stuck and I can't go any farther without starting a fire.

There are two ways to land on the island, as the Enigma mentions.

1. You collect all the items you might need from Jim's cabin in Chapter 1 including the chronometer from the ceiling and the sextant from the desk. In that case you will land safely at the Flowery Coast and the lighter will NOT be broken when you land.

Or

2. You miss one of the items in the cabin, you can't navigate, and you crash land on Cape Fear. In this case, both your boat and your lighter will be broken.

If you landed at the Flowery Coast, your lighter will work just as is--it's not broken, and you don't need to add the oakum to it. Just trying using it as it is and see if it works.

If you landed at Cape Fear, when you go to use your lighter Jim will say that it's broken. Then and only then can you combine it with the oakum in your inventory.
After that it works the same way as the unbroken lighter.

You will still need to pick up the oakum because you're going to need it elsewher ein the game, but it seems that several people who landed safely at Flowery Coast have been trying to follow walkthroughs from other sites that tell them they have to fix the lighter. Which can be very confusing if your lighter isn't broken in the first place!

So try just using the lighter as is and see if it works. If it doesn't and Jim says it's broken, get the oakum and then combine it with the lighter to repair it.

Good luck!
Robin

Fixing knife

[Post New]by Kissminella on Oct 27, 09 10:44 AM
I have dissembeld the old knife but the old hilt and the new blade wont work together beacuse I miss one part.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Fixing knife

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 27, 09 5:51 PM
Kissminella wrote:I have dissembeld the old knife but the old hilt and the new blade wont work together beacuse I miss one part.

You also need the string from Skull Rock.

Check Chapter four; Skull Rock in the walkthrough. It will show you exactly what you need for the new knife, including a screenshot showing where to get the string.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the linke to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: