DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

What does the SPAM look like??

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Nov 22, 15 12:24 AM
I'm not sure what to look for in the SPAM problem....any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Debbie

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:What does the SPAM look like??

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 22, 15 2:39 AM
Nice of you, Debbie, but I'd say it's nothing anyway you want to see.

And in general, if you look in the newest forum (TGT PC) any day between the time BFG opens the new forum (automatically), together with the release, and the time the BFG Mods arrive in their office and can start deleting that stuff, you'll see the threads with cryptic titles. The bots and spammers simply work at different times than BFG staff.

Today and at the moment it's here, almost 3 pages:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/4531.page

Also, if you look in the "Most Recent discussions" on "Game Forums Home" - link is top right here or:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/list.page
(copy and paste into new tab of your browser)

you can also see them daily. Many are usually in the game forum 'dillos, because that is the first someone finds when going through the alphabetical list of fora.
(Go there via "Find your game forum", also to the right, above the "Newest Forum" display).

Hope this helps but be aware, that the next Mod who sees your thread will lock it with the usual text.

A word to the Mods, therefore:

1) Maybe you want to re-define what is considered "spam" in your Rules.
Posts like this may be unwelcome, but are not Spam, by your own definition.

"Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed."

2) This game had more than 5 pages of spam threads yesterday, today's game forum has already almost 3 at the moment. The suggested solution you are posting is that your customers go through all of them to report them with the red exclamation mark (and after 6 reports or so, they will become invisible, AFAIK, but that is not revealed here anywhere, or is it?) -- I think it is obvious that that is an unreasonable demand for your forum users; I for one won't use my time for that.
It would be better, if your teams that are working on finding a solution on BFG's side, would speed up a bit. Or, get an office back with a different timezone.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 2, 15 7:00 AM
_DD_ wrote:Nice of you, Debbie, but I'd say it's nothing anyway you want to see.

And in general, if you look in the newest forum (TGT PC) any day between the time BFG opens the new forum (automatically), together with the release, and the time the BFG Mods arrive in their office and can start deleting that stuff, you'll see the threads with cryptic titles. The bots and spammers simply work at different times than BFG staff.

Today and at the moment it's here, almost 3 pages:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/4531.page

Also, if you look in the "Most Recent discussions" on "Game Forums Home" - link is top right here or:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/list.page
(copy and paste into new tab of your browser)

you can also see them daily. Many are usually in the game forum 'dillos, because that is the first someone finds when going through the alphabetical list of fora.
(Go there via "Find your game forum", also to the right, above the "Newest Forum" display).

Hope this helps but be aware, that the next Mod who sees your thread will lock it with the usual text.

A word to the Mods, therefore:

1) Maybe you want to re-define what is considered "spam" in your Rules.
Posts like this may be unwelcome, but are not Spam, by your own definition.

"Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed."

2) This game had more than 5 pages of spam threads yesterday, today's game forum has already almost 3 at the moment. The suggested solution you are posting is that your customers go through all of them to report them with the red exclamation mark (and after 6 reports or so, they will become invisible, AFAIK, but that is not revealed here anywhere, or is it?) -- I think it is obvious that that is an unreasonable demand for your forum users; I for one won't use my time for that.
It would be better, if your teams that are working on finding a solution on BFG's side, would speed up a bit. Or, get an office back with a different timezone.

I so agree DD !

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 2, 15 12:24 PM
I think it would help us to mark the spam when it occurs, without having to open it at all.
If we could have something to tick off before we open the spam......or better yet, a way of ticking off multiple posts at a time, I thin more of us would report the spam very quickly.

When we have a major spam attack, I often open and report (explanation point) one or two of the spam.....but, I am not about to do it for two to five pages of spam.
Heck, I feel sorry for the mods having to de-spam the forums, and I hope they find a way of catching and banning those accounts who do this.

Debbie Anne, if you happen to see the spam, it is UNMISTAKABLE.
Usually, they have a string of letters and numbers in the subject heading plus a subject heading that not only has nothing to do with the game, but offers...magic, black magic, horoscopes, relationship problems, job postings...
But, if you open them, there won't be much except for gibberish in the body.
You SHOULD NOT copy or go to any of the links though.....that can be a sure way of inviting spam or viruses onto your computer.....
But, the Big Fish forum and games, is pretty safe....one of the best (IMHO) game sites around.

Go to: