Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 24, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/24/2015 at 6:35:42 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by wakened on Nov 24, 15 4:11 AM
There's a glitch with the cursor missing completely in the Bailiff's Office. Anyone else experienced that or is it just me?

watanuki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by watanuki on Nov 24, 15 4:43 AM
I have the same problem too. The cursor is missing, even when I switch the custom option, it returns but not completely.

MvM69
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MvM69 on Nov 24, 15 4:59 AM
Had the same problem with the disappearing cursor but in my case changing it into the custom cursor helped.

Windows 7

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Nov 24, 15 6:09 AM
Same problem here...

watanuki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by watanuki on Nov 24, 15 6:11 AM
I tried the custom option again and played for a while, then changed back. It works again!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 24, 15 6:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Nov 24, 15 7:22 AM
wakened wrote:There's a glitch with the cursor missing completely in the Bailiff's Office. Anyone else experienced that or is it just me?

Yes, same here.
Using Win 7

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 24, 15 8:01 AM
Hi crypsynight,

I'm sorry to hear that you as well as other players are experiencing issues with the cursor in a particular scene. It looks like other players were able to get the cursor by changing to the custom cursor option. Do know that we have passed this information along to the appropriate team. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

bfgBellerophon

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Nov 24, 15 4:48 PM
Not sure if this is a tech issues or if I am doing something wrong.

I am in the lock smith workshop and trying to make the key, however, I can not get to the lever to pull to make the indentations in the screen.

When you are in the shot of the whole workshop I can see the handle, but when you click on the key machine the hand is out of the screen shot. '

I cannot proceed. YIKES!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[Post New]by jonbug96 on Nov 24, 15 5:42 PM
When trying to launch Ravenhearst Unlocked, my security software pops up a virus alert warning me that the launcher contains SONAR.Heuristic.132 and recommends uninstalling the potentially damaging program. I allowed the security software to uninstall the game twice and when I got the same result each time, I decided not to download and install the game until Big Fish fixed the code or whatever is causing the virus. Anyone else having this problem?

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Nov 24, 15 5:56 PM
To make the key: When all the block pieces are in the correct places, the mechanism will automatically make the key. Then just click on it.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Nov 24, 15 6:22 PM
same problem with cursor in Baliffs office

[Post New]by Ladytao on Nov 24, 15 6:23 PM
I'm getting the same issue as everyone else here apparently. I.e. my cursor goes missing once I reach a certain point in the bailiff's office. I have Windows 10; and while I haven't tried the custom cursor yet, I did see that someone tried that and it didn't resolve the issue for them.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 24, 15 6:53 PM
I have found a glitch that I haven't seen here yet. I have just assembled the glue gun and I am supposed to (according to the guide) go back to the desk outside of the security room and the room where Charlotte is locked in and use the glue gun. When I zoom in on the desk there is nothing for me to do. I have retraced my steps all the way back to Alistair's lair and used the hint button. All it says is "I suppose I'd better move on" in every room. The map also shows nothing to do. It only shows my location.
Playing on a PC, Windows 8.1.
Thanks for any help.
Audrey

[Post New]by MCFreak1025 on Nov 24, 15 7:57 PM
I am having the same cursor glitch as most people, but found that changing the cursor worked. However, I am now having a problem in the bailiff's office with the two justice women holding the scales and the metal arrows (or whatever they are) in that little niche in the back of the office. When I try to click on the arrows to retract them, the cursor disappears altogether no matter what I do. I can hear the clink like the arrows are moving, but the arrows don't actually move and I am unable to get the items behind them. If I can't get the items, I will be unable to progress in the game at some point. Hopefully someone can help me!

I am playing on an HP Laptop running Windows 10

Edited on 11/24/2015 at 7:59:04 PM PST

[Post New]by HarllieQuinn on Nov 24, 15 10:24 PM
Same cursor glitch as everyone else..

[Post New]by HarllieQuinn on Nov 24, 15 10:32 PM
mouldmom wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issues or if I am doing something wrong.

I am in the lock smith workshop and trying to make the key, however, I can not get to the lever to pull to make the indentations in the screen.

When you are in the shot of the whole workshop I can see the handle, but when you click on the key machine the hand is out of the screen shot. '

I cannot proceed. YIKES!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am having the exact same problem. I looked at the guide for solution and the forms are in the right place to make the keys, but it won't make it. :/

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 24, 15 10:35 PM
I have the same problem in Baliffs office. My cursor is completely gone
Its very difficult to go back to the menu when you have an invisible cursor.

[Post New]by random64 on Nov 24, 15 10:56 PM
jonbug96 wrote:When trying to launch Ravenhearst Unlocked, my security software pops up a virus alert warning me that the launcher contains SONAR.Heuristic.132 and recommends uninstalling the potentially damaging program. I allowed the security software to uninstall the game twice and when I got the same result each time, I decided not to download and install the game until Big Fish fixed the code or whatever is causing the virus. Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem but now that Norton360 has uninstalled SONAR.Heuristic.132 Ravenhearst Unlocked will not launch
I'm running Windows 10

How is it that a Big Fish game will only run if a Trojan virus is part of the program...?

UPDATE:
I have uninstalled the game and won't install it again until BF give the program the all clear

Edited on 11/25/2015 at 12:20:43 AM PST

Go to: