sammiJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Labrador Collectible

[Post New]by sammiJ on Nov 24, 15 1:48 AM
First off, its a Labrador, so why does it have marking like a GIRAFFE??? And if its a Labrador, it should be Labrador Retriever, not 'Golden Labrador". its either a Labrador Retriever or its a Golden Retriever...can't be both. Well it could, but then its a mutt, not an actual breed...but really wondering about its coat color?? Any ideas anyone?

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Re:Labrador Collectible

[Post New]by 1357wc on Nov 24, 15 9:44 PM
If you look in the collectibles, all the animals are mixed up mystical creatures.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Labrador Collectible

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Nov 27, 15 4:53 AM
sammiJ wrote: And if its a Labrador, it should be Labrador Retriever, not 'Golden Labrador". its either a Labrador Retriever or its a Golden Retriever...can't be both.

You are absolutely right, SammiJ. In my earlier life, we bred from our beautiful Emma 'Nghariad and I filled out the kennel club registration and pedigree certificates with "Labrador Retriever - Yellow" quite enough times to remember it clearly. The term "Golden Labrador" was at one time (according to my Observers Book of Dogs bought for me in 1961) an alternative but little used name for the breed but I believe that in the US at least, it has now become the "breed" name for a cross between a yellow Lab and a Golden Retriever.

Go to: