bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Trapped: The Abduction forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 27, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Trapped: The Abduction forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Trapped: The Abduction players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Trapped: The Abduction forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 09 1:14 AM
I loved the game!

Check out the walkthough if you need:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/trapped-the-abduction-walkthrough/

PrplDva

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Oct 27, 09 1:21 AM
prpldva wrote:I loved the game!

Check out the walkthough if you need:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/trapped-the-abduction-walkthrough/

PrplDva

Thank you for the walkthrough. I was looking at it to try and estimate about how long the game would be. It appears I didn't make it all that far and I played for almost the whole hour. I kept scrolling and scolling...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 09 1:51 AM
Yep- I can't complain about the length of this game. And its one of the few times I didn't mind being held captive for the cut scenes..

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 27, 09 2:07 AM
well done another great game all gogi games are good and this is one of them only played 5 min of demo then hooked and looking at the walthrough it a good long game this a must it20 from me besstan

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 27, 09 5:29 AM
It took me a good 3 hours, and I had to use very few hints, and didn't need to use the walk-thru at all. BTW, I love the fact that the walk-thrus are available immediately most of the time - it saves me searching the web for one and cuts down on questions within the forums that might turn into spoilers for some players. (I've asked a few of those questions myself out of frustration!)

I loved the logic activities at the end of every chapter. As one person wrote on another forum, they were nice treats for your tricks. The ending was great, too - it took you to a logical, satisfying conclusion without being an actual conclusion, so I can't wait for the sequal.

We've had a great wealth of Hidden Object games this month - too bad the premium of getting a game free for every 5 (or was it 6?) games purchased was a one-time-only offer, because I think I would have earned 3 or 4 games this month! I hope the Chief Fish doesn't stick us with a bunch of Time Management games next month to even things out.

Great work, everyone!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Oct 27, 09 5:32 AM
I concur with almost every word sinshack said. I was not as pleased by the ending as she was, but all in all this was a great game and well worth my $6.99!

And Margie, even though I didn't need the walkthrough on this one, that doesn't lessen my appreciation for the work you put into making one for us.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 09 7:50 AM
Thanks, kishimojun! I really had a blast doing this walkthrough although it was difficult to not run ahead in the game. LOL-even though I had already played the game!

tinor
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by tinor on Oct 27, 09 8:00 AM
This game is shocking for Big Fish! It's crazy that it's ok to make and sell a game that abducts and murders victims. The voice of the serial killer is frightening, and some of the things he growls at her from behind the camera are disgusting!

Examples: "It's only one of the things I'll take from you", and, "You're supposed to play nice."

Ewww! Just ewww! Am I the only one who sees something seriously wrong with this game?!

And for those who ask why I played the demo... Sheer frightening curiosity. I was surprised to see it on this site, and have never felt the need before to comment in over three years of playing Big Fish games!!

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 8:02:26 AM PST

chick52
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by chick52 on Oct 27, 09 8:13 AM
I'm sorry tinor that you feel this way. It is only a game after all, and I feel confident that out of all of the fishies in the pond, that we don't have any maniacs running around ready to pull a knife or a gun on us.
I,'m not one for violence, but when it's in a game, thats the way the games are put out there today, so we live with it.

I just played the demo, and it is scary, but it fits in with the way the game is protrade, we just make sure our younger kids don't get to play it.
We are not made to play these games, we still have a choice, so it is up to the person if they play them or not.

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 9:52:13 AM PST

Jesart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Jesart on Oct 27, 09 10:08 AM
Sorry I disliked this game a lot. I am disappointed in Big Fish Games have a game that has this subject of abduction, hostage, and terror towards a woman.
I will not buy or recommend this game. In fact I will tell every one to boycott it. What were you thinking.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Oct 27, 09 11:48 AM
I have just downloaded the demo but haven't played yet. Some comments left me perplexed.

The theme seems a little touchy to me. I don't know if as Jesart mentioned,
this subject of abduction, hostage, and terror towards a woman
is appropriate.

Unfortunately, without playing, I won't be able to judge by myself.

I have to give this one a good thought first and wait for more comments.

Was this a good or a bad move on your part ?

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Oct 27, 09 12:09 PM
I played the game and I really like it. I like a game that will keep you on your toes and the hair standing up on your neck.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Oct 27, 09 1:12 PM
I must say I like this game, it is a keeper for me. The only thing I have found is that it is a bit hard on the eyes as it is a bit dark. I like to have a bit of horror, in books, films and games, keeps my interest. I don't want to play childish games all the time.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 09 4:12 PM
It isn't real...just like movies and tv, for the most part, aren't real. If the subject offends you,leave it alone... nobody is making you play it. I read a lot of political and mystery thrillers...most of those have things that I personally wouldn't touch at all, but I enjoy the read and fact that the good guys, and gals, mostly win. I dislike censorship of any kind. We should be able to censor ourselves, but just because we don't like something doesn't give us the right to try and take it away from others. Who are you to say what BF should or shouldn't allow? You are certainly welcome in these forums, as all of are, to speak your mind, but please don't think you speak for all of us. That could offend me.

[Post New]by susabing on Oct 27, 09 6:13 PM
I love Big Fish Games, but couldn't play this game after 10 minutes. Bit too creepy for my taste. Maybe gender of the player plays a role? Not sure. Being a woman, and seeing as it is a viewpoint of a woman - it was unsettling to say the least. Would be an interesting poll to see if it is a gender-specific game or not.

That said - the game seems very well thought out. I liked the hidden object and adventure being hand-in-hand. I can see why others would like it.

Enjoy to those who bought it! I love when I find a game I can't wait to play through, this one just isn't it for me.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 09 7:29 PM
Well, I just finished it. The ending wasn't what I expected, but it wasn't as gory as you would think, either. The female character, and I am female by the way, was strong, inventive, and courageous. I thought the game was a bit short, when you think of all the levels, but I still enjoyed it. Not as challenging as Campfire tales, the hookman, but there were things in that game that just didn't make a bit of sense. Atleast in this one, the goal is apparent. And the ending leaves the way open for a sequel? I think so...guess it depends on how many of us actually wind up buying it, lol.

[Post New]by briefly64 on Oct 27, 09 7:41 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Trapped: The Abduction forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Trapped: The Abduction players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by briefly64 on Oct 27, 09 7:43 PM
How the heck do you cut through the barbed wire? Got me stumped!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Oct 27, 09 10:11 PM
If you have the wire cutters you have to get the rust off of them, which means getting the WD40 and the nozzle and putting those together before you apply to the cutters. Then you need to find the whetstone to sharpen the cutters. Then all you do is put the cutters on the wire (where the ? is) and click. That will bring you to a close up scene. Click on every bright red area with the cutters. Done.

Go to: