San Francisco - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

San Francisco - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to San Francisco. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new San Francisco posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:San Francisco - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:19 PM

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 9:17:10 AM PST

[Post New]by bellaboo22 on Nov 25, 15 9:52 PM
How do you beat San Francisco board 8-2???

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 26, 15 2:15 AM
Bellaboo22, I copied an older post about this level:

Hi Doan11,

I was just swimming by and noticed that you were asking for some help with level 8-2 in San Francisco.

This particular level gave me a bit of trouble too when I got there, but I want to assure you that you can beat it.

To do this, you'll want to create, or start with, a few lightning bolt boosts . One of these can then be switched with one of the paper pieces on the board which will help to clear out the papers, and tiles, in that center box.

Then, if you have any tiles that haven't been broken yet, you can then create another new lightning bolt and switch it with whatever color gummy is appearing on that tile. Once all of those pesky papers and tiles are gone, you can continue to match gummies to get the score requirement needed.

Hope this helps
bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/26/2015 at 2:15:43 AM PST

[Post New]by numberonsomer on Nov 26, 15 11:27 AM
I am stuck on level 25. Can anyone share how you get to 100,000. I am working on day 4 on this level.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:San Francisco Level 25

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 27, 15 2:46 AM
numberonsomer wrote:I am stuck on level 25. Can anyone share how you get to 100,000. I am working on day 4 on this level.

I did a search on the forum, this post came up:

Hi Oceanview2301,

I'm sorry to hear that this Gummy level is giving you some trouble. As redroo mentioned, another player was also having some trouble with this exact same level. Not to worry though, because I have some tips on how to get past it without going back to look for that thread.

One thing I noticed when playing this one though is that the board is set up almost like a grid.

To get the score that you need, you'll want to try and make as many large matches as you can. Doing this will create line boosts, bomb boosts or lightning strike boosts that can be used to gain more points.

When using those boosts, you'll want to try and hit the gummies with the extra time. This way you'll add more time on the clock so you can continue to match those gummies and get points.

Hope this helps
bfgLianorm

San Fran green gems

[Post New]by Ness_louise on Dec 4, 15 4:00 AM
Hi,
I've completed the levels up to 30 and now it's telling me to help locals gather recourses with the hope in getting the green gems to complete the monument. What does this mean abs what do I have to do?

Thanks guys

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on Dec 12, 15 12:49 PM
to ness louise: in Tokyo, between levels 35 and 45 you will find a drilling machine. Click on it and on the far left, it will tell you how much of a resource you will need to generate a gem. if it is resources you need, you can always send a cargo ship from Sydney.

Now I need a little help. I have gotten almost to the end of level 30 by directing lightning bolts at pink and green gummies. However, since there are no blue ones, I have not been able to clear the board. Does anyone have any suggestions?

yarnycakes
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by yarnycakes on Dec 13, 15 11:25 AM
If you click on the Trade Center (gold circle thingie) you can use the green gem drill anywhere except Sydney

Make sure you haven't missed any side paths/Helping Hands/collect10 that would give you green gems

Edited on 12/13/2015 at 11:25:32 AM PST

slycke1
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:San Francisco - Level Help: Getting Goods From Tokyo to San Francisco

[Post New]by slycke1 on Jan 18, 16 5:52 AM
Do I need to "build" a dock/pier in San Francisco? The one already there only ships goods TO New York, not FROM Tokyo!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:San Francisco - Level Help: Getting Goods From Tokyo to San Francisco

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 18, 16 6:07 AM
slycke1 wrote:Do I need to "build" a dock/pier in San Francisco? The one already there only ships goods TO New York, not FROM Tokyo!

1. Resources are only shipped to the city you are currently in. So if you are already in New York you can't ship to San Francisco from anywhere.

2. To be able to ship you need a port only at the point of departure, not the point of arrival.

3. It follows that you can't (and don't need to) build more than one port in each city. But you can upgrade it to be able to ship larger cargos.

slycke1
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slycke1 on Jan 18, 16 10:41 PM
Ok, makes sense. But--the cargo is loaded in Tokyo ready to be shipped to San Francisco but the "Send Cargo" remains grayed out. Why, please?

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 19, 16 1:05 AM
slycke1 wrote:Ok, makes sense. But--the cargo is loaded in Tokyo ready to be shipped to San Francisco but the "Send Cargo" remains grayed out. Why, please?

Did you first select the resource you want to send? After that the send button should light up.

slycke1
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slycke1 on Jan 19, 16 3:30 PM
Oops! Thanks

[Post New]by sawirick on Jan 21, 16 4:46 AM
Need help with 108. Can't get number of points needed in level three. EAB

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 21, 16 6:34 AM
sawirick wrote:Need help with 108. Can't get number of points needed in level three. EAB

San Francisco 108 Master was a notoriously difficult level that has since been fixed (has now 6 bolts and 15 moves instead of 4 and 8 previously!)... But it's still difficult. The only thing I can tell you is that you should first swap two pairs of bolts to clear the board and then work on the score.

[Post New]by pony129 on Jan 25, 16 2:59 AM
I've completed the first stage of all levels through 110, but the next (and final) block of levels hasn't come up. What's wrong here?

Re:San Francisco - Level Help Level 10

[Post New]by Micropris613 on Jan 29, 16 8:45 PM
Im sure it has to do with the one of the extras...just not sure how it works
any help would be appreciated thanks

[Post New]by TGEdwards on Feb 1, 16 3:08 PM
pony129 wrote:I've completed the first stage of all levels through 110, but the next (and final) block of levels hasn't come up. What's wrong here?

I am having the same issue would greatly appreciate any assistance.

bmq98
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:San Francisco - Level Help - Level 60

[Post New]by bmq98 on Feb 6, 16 6:57 PM
Hi,

After completing the gathering of the final oxygen tank in level 60, the game gave me the green gems. Sadly, right after that my game froze.

When I restarted the game, I lost the gems and the diver is missing! How do I get the diver back?

Thank you.

PS: If I find an answer I will come back to post.

Go to: