Barcelona - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Barcelona - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Barcelona. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Barcelona posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Barcelona - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:28 PM

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 12:36:32 PM PST

foundinmt
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by foundinmt on Nov 28, 15 2:16 PM
After several attempts at level 116, I am giving up on Gummy Drop. There is no way to beat this level once, much less the 3 times needed to receive the 1000 coins. I have enjoyed the game up to this point, even New Orleans, which was very challenging. Until level 116 is redone to make it possible to complete this level, I am done with Gummy Drop. Yes , I've tried the combo boost and lightning, and even shovels. The board seems set up to make it impossible to complete. Please redo this level and I will continue with the game. thank you

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Nov 28, 15 9:08 PM
foundinmt wrote:After several attempts at level 116, I am giving up on Gummy Drop. There is no way to beat this level once, much less the 3 times needed to receive the 1000 coins. I have enjoyed the game up to this point, even New Orleans, which was very challenging. Until level 116 is redone to make it possible to complete this level, I am done with Gummy Drop. Yes , I've tried the combo boost and lightning, and even shovels. The board seems set up to make it impossible to complete. Please redo this level and I will continue with the game. thank you

Contact Customer Service, they will help finish that level and get you your coins.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 29, 15 4:21 AM
Pixiecloud wrote:
foundinmt wrote:After several attempts at level 116, I am giving up on Gummy Drop. There is no way to beat this level once, much less the 3 times needed to receive the 1000 coins. I have enjoyed the game up to this point, even New Orleans, which was very challenging. Until level 116 is redone to make it possible to complete this level, I am done with Gummy Drop. Yes , I've tried the combo boost and lightning, and even shovels. The board seems set up to make it impossible to complete. Please redo this level and I will continue with the game. thank you

Contact Customer Service, they will help finish that level and get you your coins.

Unless you are on PC. I this case they can do nothing, because they still have not written the program that will allow them to do these things for you.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Barcelona - Level Help

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 29, 15 9:47 AM

Good timing - sorta LOL That's the level I'm playing now. I've beaten the first 2 levels, haven't tried Master Builder yet. The key for me was to "X-Out" of bad screens until I got one that's beatable. On the Architect level I got a screen with 18 - yes 18 red gummies, and the very first move made a lightning bolt! I was able to clear the bombs without have to use it because of all the red gummies on the board. It was also easy to make a Line boost to go with the Lightning Bolt, and "viola" - level won! Maybe you'll get that screen eventually - I HOPE it exists on the MB level - I'll be looking for it!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 29, 15 10:50 AM
Any help for level 47 architect? Have tried it many times and it is always saying no matches and shuffling, seems to happen every second move and does it even when I can see matches! To make matters worse I inadvertently brushed the waterfall boost so used one of those by mistake!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Barcelona - Level Help

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 29, 15 10:52 AM
Level 116 follow up - I found a Master Builder screen that looked good, because I could clear the center bomb on the first move. That was a mistake - I should have "cancelled" that screen also. However, I did beat it, primarily because I had a Wind/Swap boost from a previous Daily Deal, and used it to make a Lightning Bolt.

One interesting point that has come up in other threads. I had tried Level 116 Architect yesterday more than once with no success. The FIRST time I opened it today it had the 18 red gummies. There is evidence that suggests the game "learns"/knows your patterns, and provides screens accordingly - the NEXT day. This appears to be another example of that. hmmmmmmmmmm

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 6, 15 11:40 AM
Barcelona Helping Hand 3 (off level 15-3)
I believe there's something wrong with this level. There are 4 hams right above some portals, but although I made lots of matches everywhere on the board and created and used various line boosts including bolts, those hams did not move at all! The only thing that worked towards the end was combining a bolt with a bomb that had the same color with gummies near the hams. Shouldn't be like that.

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Dec 6, 15 2:33 PM
eli173 wrote:Barcelona Helping Hand 3 (off level 15-3)
I believe there's something wrong with this level. There are 4 hams right above some portals, but although I made lots of matches everywhere on the board and created and used various line boosts including bolts, those hams did not move at all! The only thing that worked towards the end was combining a bolt with a bomb that had the same color with gummies near the hams. Shouldn't be like that.

If I remember correctly, you have to clear the last layer at the bottom...and the hams will fall through

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 7, 15 1:44 PM
Pixiecloud wrote:
eli173 wrote:Barcelona Helping Hand 3 (off level 15-3)

If I remember correctly, you have to clear the last layer at the bottom...and the hams will fall through

No, what you suggest is the normal procedure for boards with portals but like I said it doesn't work.

Barcelona - Level Help Level 116 Master Builder

[Post New]by rocky08055 on Dec 10, 15 8:04 AM
Success!!!
I'm playing on a PC and had been stuck on this level for about 3 days. I play several times a day and had never gotten close to completing it. There were several problems.... On start-up, I rarely got any red gummies and as the game progressed, got very few red ones dropping down to work with. Also, the bombs exploded while they still had two white marks on them (at least the ones I was looking at did).
I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but here's what happened as best as I can recall
The first or second match resulted in a lightning bolt. On the next move, I was able to match 4 bricks resulting with an 'arrow' brick landing right on top of the bolt. I put the game on pause, checked to see if I had bricks on the same lines as the red gummies bombs, then used the bolt/brick combo. That cleared a few bombs and part of the board. I checked my score... I was halfway there! Oh boy, I quickly used four shovels on the remaining bombs which allowed me enough time to plan my moves to clear the board and reach the score I needed. I think I had 3 moves left at the end, but was prepared to buy more moves if needed to get through this very, very frustrating level.
Good luck!!!

Edited on 12/10/2015 at 8:06:15 AM PST

[Post New]by debdrew1 on Dec 24, 15 5:36 AM
I am having trouble with level 99, any help with that?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 6, 16 8:04 AM
BARCELONA LEVEL 116

I agree with the posts above that this is an awful level. The first two tiers are bad enough, but Master is almost impossible. There are 28 moves to clear 29 tiles, most of them stone, plus 5 red bombs. Cascading is badly needed but is limited due to the board layout. There are not enough reds. The required scored is too high. Need I go on? The level must be fine tuned for future players and Daily Events.

At present the best you can do for Master is this:

1. Back out of any board that does not give a bolt AND a red tile next to it on the first and second moves, or a bolt AND a line boost. This is no easy task and you will have to back out of numerous boards unless you luck out. Alternatively, you can use 5 shovels on the bombs.

2. Do not start unless you are prepared to buy at least one set of moves and one set of shovels, ideally two of each.

Good luck to everyone, you'll need it!

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:Barcelona - Level 13

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 8, 16 6:54 AM
On level 13, third tier, I cleared all the stickers and all the chained gummies, but still there are no gummies dropping in the outer corners of the board. This makes it impossible to clear all the tiles.
Is this a glitch or is it designed this way?

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Barcelona - Lev116

[Post New]by cind310 on Jan 14, 16 5:50 AM
I logged on to the forum to see if there were hints to completing Level 116 and have so far found posts indicating the same feeling I have.... this game has been great but I can't beat the level the first time so how can I possibly get to the hat (so far I have zero hard-working intern level first)
Seriously thinking it is time to quit.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by cind310 on Jan 17, 16 4:22 AM
I made it through 116intern level using shovels to get rid of bombs so I could get through 120 and see everything I need to build. I have completed some of the tasks but do not understand how to complete the Helping hand at Level 114. If I can't do this, there is no point in trying to collect the 5 hats needed, especially since getting through 2 more levels at 116. So I am back to where I was several days ago-ready to quit playing Gummy Drop.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 17, 16 4:58 AM
cind310 wrote:I made it through 116intern level using shovels to get rid of bombs so I could get through 120 and see everything I need to build. I have completed some of the tasks but do not understand how to complete the Helping hand at Level 114. If I can't do this, there is no point in trying to collect the 5 hats needed, especially since getting through 2 more levels at 116. So I am back to where I was several days ago-ready to quit playing Gummy Drop.

I don't remember that HH at all but have noted that it took me 3 tries without using anything extra and that it needs bolts. I never buy them, so I'm sure was able to create them in the game. Perhaps you should choose boards that are favorable in that respect? Sorry I can't be more specific! Good luck!

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 4:59:54 AM PST

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by cind310 on Jan 17, 16 10:09 PM
Thanks. It took way more than 3 tries but I did it!!!!!!

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Barcelona Helping Hand at 114

[Post New]by cind310 on Jan 18, 16 4:09 AM
Forgot to mention, you do need lightenin bolts as indicated in previous posts. Make sure that you use the first 4 on each of the 4 colors.... if you use the first on white, for example, it drops two prizes. If you use the second one on white, it will not drop additional prizes. After the first 4, you can use any others to reach the number of points.

Go to: