Los Angeles - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Los Angeles - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Los Angeles. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Los Angeles posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:32 PM

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 2:18:27 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 27, 15 5:07 PM
Anyone know if the helping hands at levels 66.2 and 76.3 are worth the hassle? Very difficult levels to get access to them and wondering if I should continue wasting lives to get them!

Shania
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Shania on Nov 27, 15 6:17 PM
I am wondering why the Los Angeles update has not become available on my PC? I have been replaying these cities forever! Starting to get a bit angry. I have FIOS! My laptop is new! What is the deal with that?

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Nov 27, 15 6:38 PM
66.2 is a million and a half bricks and 20 green gems for 250 coins. I didn't redeem it because I had enough bricks and gems and didn't want to spend the 250.

I did redeem the helping hand at 76.3, I don't remember what that one gives. Apparently it was needed to move on to the 80's, you may need to finish it to proceed. BTW, the 80's were very difficult. Just a heads up. (I am in the 90's now).

[Post New]by swatki on Nov 28, 15 4:09 PM
I'm really at the end of my rope waiting for the PC game to continue past Shanghai.
It's ridiculous for you to initiate a game that is only half developed.
It seems to me you should compensate all the people who are on PC's and unable to go any further. A refund would be fair for all the money wasted.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 29, 15 12:57 PM
famvir3 wrote:66.2 is a million and a half bricks and 20 green gems for 250 coins. I didn't redeem it because I had enough bricks and gems and didn't want to spend the 250.

I did redeem the helping hand at 76.3, I don't remember what that one gives. Apparently it was needed to move on to the 80's, you may need to finish it to proceed. BTW, the 80's were very difficult. Just a heads up. (I am in the 90's now).
i

You are so right about those 80's - 3rd time around trying to get the intern level 84. Would be OK if I could get a lightning to clear those stickies!! I have a spare boost one but you can bet if I use it it won't land near those dratted things. Have to clear my head and go back to other cities and play a few levels to get some more coins instead.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 29, 15 8:23 PM
84-3 to get to the helping hand. You have to get reds and greens to blow up the blockers and I just tried all my 5 lives. 1 got 3 red scores and 1 green and 7000. 2 got 3 red 3 green and 6000 . 3 got 3 red 1 green anda 12000 (inadvertently bought unwanted extra turns - where is that b.... button to ask if you are sure you want to buy?) 4 1 green and 2 red but got to 18000 thanks to a line leaped next to the only lightning I have seen . 5: 2 green and 1 red and 4300. I think this helping hand can stay unused as I cannot see the use of continuing with this one. The score required is 20,000

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 3, 15 4:57 PM
This city is a nightmare! I am on level 109 and see so far I have only 5 master builder levels achieved... Now have 2 ridiculous timed levels at 109 and at 106.3 neither of which is in the remotest bit easy given they are only intern levels. Really there has been no fun in this city.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 4, 15 10:29 AM
Be warned! You will need heaps of coins and heaps of green gems in LA , as well as endless patience with unbelievably difficult intern levels! The developers must have had hangovers or bad hair days when they invented this city

[Post New]by smiller5669 on Dec 6, 15 4:22 AM
When oh when will Los Angeles be available for PC's?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 6, 15 11:00 PM
Level115 is too difficult! Intern level there are never enough red or green to blow the blockers and after losing 10 lives I can still not get the souvenirs or even half of the required 70,000 points. I am not prepared to buy 6 shovels to clear the blockers and even if I do that there is still a likelihood I won't get the required points and I don't have any spare coins to go buying extra lives to get past this point.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 7, 15 8:57 AM
Trav3lbird, try blowing up everything. You can get the reds and greens in collateral damage.

The last 30 levels in Los Angeles are interesting. A lot of misdirection. Sand, foils, and chained gummies you don't need to get rid of to finish the levels. Master levels that require a totally different game play than the preceding levels. And of course, the last ten levels where you need to either win all 10 to the master level to get the 500 coin helping hand, spend 600 of your own coin, or import for days in order to move to the next city.

I know I'm planning on being here a spell. (I don't ship, so I am working on getting the 500 coins and buy the gummies needed to proceed.)

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 7, 15 9:45 AM
I do ship but it's a long process! I think I am going to sulk for a bit and go back to earlier cities and earn some money instead of grinding my teeth on this level.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Dec 14, 15 7:27 PM
Can someone tell me how to beat LA 46?
Nothing I do at the top of the screen has any effect on the stickies I need to remove at the bottom of the screen.
Thank you for your help! Including you bfgWaimea.

Shania
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Shania on Dec 26, 15 2:06 PM
Can SOMEONE please answer me? When will Los Angeles be available on my PC? So sick of this, no reply at all!!!!! You could at least have the decency to answer me. If it is never going to be available, just say so! I have spent money foolishly on this game! Can you blame me for my ire?

[Post New]by pamanna on Jan 6, 16 5:57 PM
I too can not get to Los Angles even tho it popped up for a second NOW WHAT!! Iam stuck and also have spend wasted money if this is the end for me! Each City says I can ship to Los Angles when it update, Why can I not (or my comptuer ) being it UP??????

Edited on 01/06/2016 at 9:36:28 PM PST

[Post New]by lalockout on Jan 8, 16 11:50 AM
Add me to the list of people who are getting tired of waiting for L.A. I've just about cleared the rest of the cities waiting for the upgrade.

It does seem rude that no one is replying.

[Post New]by lalockout on Jan 8, 16 11:55 AM
I just found this on FAQ:

Some of the latest content available on mobile platforms is not included in the PC version. When can I expect to see it added?

At launch the PC version offers 7 cities of play and there are plans in the works to add the latest content to the PC version of the game

I think that means "someday"

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 14, 16 9:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with certain levels. It also looks like there are questions regarding an update to the PC platform.

Level 84-3, what I found helped was to be persistent in filling up at least one of the chained color blockers. Once a color blocker went off, it freed two Lightning Bolt Boosts. By swapping a set of Lightning Bolt Boosts, this was able to clear out the gummies on the board as well as one layer of the stickers. If the other color blocker doesn't go off at this point, go ahead and make more matches for it to go off and free the other set of Lightning Bolt Boosts. If players swap them one more time, the next layer of stickers will be gone and you can focus on the score level requirement.

Level 109, this was indeed a tricky level with all the obstacles presented. What I found helped was to first focus on the chained blue gummy in the middle. Players will notice that it will count down the moves made on the board. Once I had that gummy taken care of, I focused on making line crushes, especially ones that would help get rid of the chained gummies. Once the line crush went off, it would take care of the chained gummies as well as any tiles behind it that need to be cleared. Once they were removed, I worked fast to get the score level requirement before time ran out.

Level 106-3, is definitely another tricky level that to get through. I first focused on getting rid of the chained gummies on the four corners. By doing this, it helps the souvenirs get through the portals to fall through the board. Once the chained gummies were taken care of, I then focused on creating Lightning Bolt Boosts to swap with gummies. Since I did find the walls a challenge, swapping a Lightning Bolt Boost with a gummy helps take care of those gummies on the board. If you are able to swap it with a line crush or bomb, even better. I kept this method until I was able to meet the score level requirement and get the souvenirs down the board.

Go to: