Havana - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Havana - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Havana. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Havana posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Havana - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:34 PM
Existing Havana threads:

Havana, Level 23
Havana, Level 26

Edited on 07/05/2017 at 4:48:02 PM PST

Re:Havana - Level 56

[Post New]by jah763 on Nov 28, 15 7:21 PM
I have no idea how to get the knives down on Helping Hands Level 10. I got one down by accident, but I don't know what the strategy is. Anyone have any hints?? Please??

Never mind. I got it. I used lightning bolts and combined them with line crushes and somehow they fell through.

Edited on 11/28/2015 at 7:29:03 PM PST

pisky
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Havana - Level 26 Help

[Post New]by pisky on Dec 9, 15 8:41 PM
How do you try enough you brown ones to finish this level!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 14, 15 9:43 AM
Hi jah763 and pisky,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Havana Help Hands Level 10, and Havana, Level 26. These were both tricky levels that took me a few times to get through.

jah763, I'm glad that you were able to get through this level. I'm also going to post what I found helped in case other players need some hints. What I ended up doing to drop the two knives was to pay close attention to what colored gummy is located next to them. The knife that is above the portal corresponds to the gummy above the arrow on the opposite side of the board. For example, for the bottom right knife to fall through the portal, the gummy on the top left of the board above the down arrow needs to be taken care of. What I found helped get through this level is to be methodical about your moves and try to make at least two Lightning Bolt Boosts. If you are able to get them next to each other to swap, this will clear the entire board and help the knives to drop. What I ended up doing was swapping one Lightning Bolt Boost at a time. I would swap it with whatever colored gummy was next to a knife. This will end up letting the other knife fall through the portal and eventually through the board. I'd then repeat that process with the other Lightning Bolt Boost for the remaining knife.

pisky, Havana, Level 26 gave me a hard time as well. What I found helped was to make as many line crushes as I could. Making these line crushes to go vertical on the one row without bricks on the board definitely helped to bring more gummies to the board and giving me brown ones to make the chained color blocker go off. Once that was taken care of, I swapped the two Lightning Bolt Boosts to clear the entire board and get rid of the first layer of stickers. You can then focus on clearing the rest of the tiles.

If you find that you are still having trouble not getting enough brown gummies, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. They are always willing to help! With Gummy Drop!, the good news is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate team to help fine tune them.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 12:53:29 PM PST

[Post New]by RoxyLaurie on Dec 20, 15 9:18 AM
I must be missing something. I cannot figure out how to beat level 40 in Havana. Most of the time there is just one move and then it shuffles. What am I missing on this level? I cannot figure out how to even get close to beating this level.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 20, 15 9:56 AM
Hi RoxyLaurie,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Havana, Level 40.

After playing through this level, I came across the same issue that you had experienced. I was able to make one or two moves before the board would reshuffle. I've gone ahead and passed this information along to the appropriate team. The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports about certain difficult levels, we can help the appropriate team to fine tune them. If you would like to add to this investigation, please contact our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your Gummy Drop! game. They have the tools to further assist.

In the meantime, with the moves that you are able to do, try to make line crushes. When you are able to set off the line crush, it helps to remove a layer of a row and gets rid of some of those chained gummies. You can then work on getting the rest of the chained gummies once you have more free space on the board.

bfgBellerophon

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 28, 15 7:58 AM
The gummy bear Gods must have listened about Havana 26. I passed easily on my first try and there were plenty of browns to break the color blockers. Thanks for listening. Now on to level 40.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 30, 15 4:03 PM
Bfg: I can now say without fear of contradiction that Havana 40 is the most screwed up level in gummy drop. Has any programmers ever played this level? I doubt it. But your accountants probably have.

Edit: Time to eat humble pie. Right after posting I passed level 40 level 2 to earn the 2000000 pinkies. In fact, I passed with 5 moves to spare. I apologize.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 6:08:56 PM PST

[Post New]by SW1234 on Jan 10, 16 3:38 PM
Havana level 111, I can't figure out what to do to complete this level. There doesn't seem to be enough red to fill the middle to work the inside. I'm able to to get the pink I need but not the middle. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I figured it out! I received a free shovel from the treasure chest and I hit the middle which opened up the rest of the board and I completed the level. Thanks.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 4:30:48 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 11, 16 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and tell players that I'm glad that they were able to get through certain levels.

SW1234, I was able to recreate the issue with the red gummies that you were experiencing. I'm glad to hear that you were able to pass this level with using a shovel on the red color blocker. The team definitely wants to ensure that players are able to get through levels as challenging as this one without the purchase of boosts. We've gone ahead and passed this information along to the appropriate team. If other players are having issues with Havana, Level 111, you are welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your Gummy Drop! game. The good news is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate team to help fine tune them for the players. In the meantime, what I did find helped was to focus on making matches near the ice blocks. Once the ice went away, more gummies would fall through the board increasing a chance to obtain red gummies. From there, I worked to make line crushes and bomb blasts. This also helped to increase the odds of obtaining more red gummies to fill the middle color blocker.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Janmoe on Jan 14, 16 11:43 AM
I'm so sorry to have to ask for help again and I also have trouble navigating through these forum but I really need help in Havana level 24. I've done it once but I need the treasure to get to the next level. Can you please help. Thank you

CaribouLou
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by CaribouLou on Jan 14, 16 3:03 PM
Janmoe wrote:I'm so sorry to have to ask for help again and I also have trouble navigating through these forum but I really need help in Havana level 24. I've done it once but I need the treasure to get to the next level. Can you please help. Thank you

I also need help with Level 24. I've tried at least 30 times so far, to no avail. Not even close where some Extra Moves or a Shovel will help.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Jan 14, 16 11:59 PM
Level 24, no tricks. Blow up the sand, then work to get lightning bolts and bombs to mash together. Try to get the bombs to match gummy colors next to the stickies. With some luck, you can blow up all three levels of stickies (in the master level) and open up spaces between them to wipe them out. Then clear out the rest of the board.

[Post New]by Janmoe on Jan 15, 16 4:30 AM
You say level 24 no tricks, do you not think I've been trying to do that.6 days of playing the same game something not right.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Jan 15, 16 6:23 AM
Sometimes there is misdirection on the levels; ie, you need to use a shovel to clear a chained bomb because there are not enough colored gimmy to explode it. Unfortunately, this is just a flat out hard level. The regenerating stickies at the top sides are very difficult to manage.

A shovel takes out all three levels of stickies. Using a shovel on the top two (left and right) stickies makes room for matches to get rid of the rest. I would wait to use the shovels until I cleared the sand and had other matches like lightning strikes so I was only using them in a game I could win. But getting rid of the top regenerating stickie on both sides opens up the game a lot. Still hard, but not impossible.

Edited on 01/15/2016 at 6:49:38 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 17, 16 5:18 PM
Any clues on how to make the movie reel drop on HH 15, I can't for the life of me work out what will make it move and already wasted 5 lives on that one!!

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Jan 18, 16 5:28 PM
Trav3lbird, you're about 10 levels ahead of me, and it's nice to read your posts so I know what miseries lie in wait . I just did the HH at 16, and you've probably figured it out by now, but I used a shovel to clear the gummy at the bottom left of the screen. This dropped the movie reel and the rest of the gummies cleared in a few more moves.
Now, back to collecting the 10 items (ugh!) so can build the monument at 20.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 18, 16 8:03 PM
Thanks Cat, yep, I finally worked it out so I have actually gone back to some earlier cities and picked up good coins so I can afford to buy the blues using $450! I did almost decide to be pig headed and just continue to ship blues but decided that would take me a week so I will bite the bullet and buy them! What really brasses me off is that I have millions of darn left over resources in Seoul an Shanghai which I would willingly trade for the stupid travel vouchers ?

[Post New]by Baronin31 on Jan 22, 16 5:32 PM
Need help in level 42-4
There not enough oft white bridges

Go to: