Rio de Janeiro - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Rio de Janeiro - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Rio de Janeiro. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Rio de Janeiro posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:35 PM

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 12:37:16 PM PST

cdoublel
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 58 & 60

[Post New]by cdoublel on Nov 30, 15 5:28 PM
These two levels are required in order to achieve 1,000 coins. The levels are impossible - at level 60 the page shuffles and reshuffles so many times I've lost count. It shuffles when there are obvious matches. I have played both of these levels over and over again - purchased extra moves - purchased shovels - still cannot meet the target. After purchasing 300 coins in extra moves and 100 coins worth of shovels, I am still shy of the required number of points. It was suggested a screen shot be taken when the page shuffles for no reason but that is impossible. It quickly reshuffles. I think these two levels should be reviewed. They are not working properly. Needless to say, I don't have any coins left to purchase gems, etc, needed to move to next group of challenges. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 1, 15 9:43 AM
Hi cdoublel,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Rio de Janeiro, Level 58 and Level 60 with the levels making countless shuffles.

After playing through these levels multiple times I can can see the concern with the shuffles. I did indeed get many shuffles in Level 58, but was able to get through the level by making line crush boosts after a few 3 gummy matches. It is indeed a tricky level, but if you focus on making these boosts as well as Lightning Bolt Boost to combine it with, you will find that more of the chained gummies will be released helping to add to your score level requirement.

With Level 60 I had to be methodical on how I would approach this. I found that if I concentrated on the outer portion of the board and took care of the chained gummies, it got easier to make line crush boosts. The line crush boosts helped to get rid of gummies on the board to bring more hats for the requirement, and add to the score requirement as well.

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your Gummy Drop! game. I can see how taking a screenshot of the shuffles would be a challenge, so if you aren't able to take one, please let the support team know.

A great feature about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate team to help fine tune them for players.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

Nubbice
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help needed on 95

[Post New]by Nubbice on Dec 4, 15 4:21 PM
What's the magic to make this one work? I've played what feels like a bazillion times, used boosts, spent coinage for extra moves, spun the wheel, Yada Yada but I still can't gitter done. Any hints available?

cdoublel
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cdoublel on Dec 22, 15 7:03 AM
Finally completed this city. It was one of the most frustrating and tedious to date. I think it even beats New Orleans. After many days of repetitive and boring replays in order to meet the elements required to progress to the next city, I had to buy coins, replay levels, ship resources and replay, replay, replay. To achieve the final criteria including 75 green gems is absurd. The levels are impossible. I found the only way to progress was to purchase resources for over 400 coins. Unfortunately, the levels aren't even challenging - just deliberately impossible. To purchase 1100 coins is almost $14 in Canadian money. Not much value when it costs over 400 coins to purchase required elements. I understand the objective is to make money for the creators of the game, but insulting the players intelligence is really unnecessary and blatant. What a shame.
Hope St. Petersburg is an improvement. If not - it's probably a good time to start the New Year with a new game that actually challenges my intellect without emptying my pockets. Merry Christmas.

Edited on 12/22/2015 at 7:04:49 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 22, 15 12:48 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

Nubbice, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Rio de Janeiro, Level 95. This level was indeed a tricky one when I played it. What I found helped get through this level is to try and make as many line crushes as you can. By creating these boosts and having them go off, this helped to get rid of some red gummies to fill the chained color blockers. Once a few of them go off, you will find that it becomes easier to get the score level requirement as well as the collect the pink gems that are needed.

If you find that you are still having trouble getting through this level, feel free to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your Gummy Drop! game. They are always willing to help in any way that they can!

cdoublel, congratulations on finishing this city! I'm sorry to hear that there was frustration along the way. I will definitely pass along this feedback to the appropriate team that works closely with the developers. We do encourage players to post their city and level specific questions in the forum so that other players as well as the Moderation Team can help offer suggestions. You will find that the Moderation Team generally offers tips without the use of purchasing extra boosts. If you find that you are still having issues getting through a certain level, you are welcome to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. The teams are very receptive to feedback as you will see with the fine tuning of levels.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jan 1, 16 6:44 AM
Rio level 73

Rio 73 is impassable. What's worse is in order to move on in the game you have to pass the intern AND architect levels to gain pink gems. I truly despise coming across levels in the game that completely stop my progress and cause me to contact customer service. I'm not doing it anymore. I like challenging levels but you must make it so players can actually pass.

Edited on 01/02/2016 at 4:24:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 5, 16 8:20 AM
Hi Knisemesis,

The Moderation Team definitely understands the frustration that certain levels can cause. When players post their city specific questions and the Moderation Team finds that they are a bit too challenging, we pass those levels along to the appropriate team. The Big Fish team along with the developers can work together to help fine tune levels that players have reported in to the moderators and Customer Support. We definitely want to help ensure that levels are able to be beat and at the same time challenging.

If you find that you are still having issues with this level, we highly recommend to contact our Customer Support Team. They are always willing to help in any way that they can and pass along feedback to the appropriate team.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 24 master builder

[Post New]by susiesaucepan on Jan 7, 16 3:10 PM
I spent several attempts getting through the first two levels of this game, but don't seem to get anywhere near able to complete the master builder.
Does anyone have suggestions? There doesn't seem to be a way of getting at the two columns of squares for help, and I run out of goes long before I get through the triple layers at the bottom.
Is it best to try and clear the layers of squares first or burst the blockers?
Any help appreciated.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
561 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 21, 16 6:52 PM
I am also unable to advance through this level and you need to complete it to get the necessary blue hats. I see Rio just gets harder at later levels too. This could be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 50

[Post New]by TillyQ on Feb 9, 16 5:07 PM
Any suggestions for Level 50? After matching 2 lightening strikes together I can clear part of the board. After I get enough green (or red) to free the other lightening strikes the evil stamps have increased & there is no way to clear them.

cici0703
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 50

[Post New]by cici0703 on Feb 10, 16 9:12 AM
TillyQ wrote:Any suggestions for Level 50? After matching 2 lightening strikes together I can clear part of the board. After I get enough green (or red) to free the other lightening strikes the evil stamps have increased & there is no way to clear them.

As soon as I had one of the blockers to explode, I exploded the other with a shovel, then hit the two lightning bolts together to remove one layer of stickies, then hit the other two bolts to clear the rest of the stickies then just cleared the board.

~CiCi

Edited on 02/10/2016 at 9:14:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Smilie14 on Feb 11, 16 5:58 PM
I can't get past level 25. I've spent all my money, used my boosts and replayed for days. Please help!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
814 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 28, 16 3:28 PM
Stuck on level 28 the only way is to get several line leapers under the central access to the top but then there is nothing to match up there and the creeping sand is diabolical as it goes over sticky papers. YUK!

Edited on 02/28/2016 at 5:16:33 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 1, 16 1:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having trouble with certain levels in Rio de Janeiro.

susiesaucepan and snowmanvt,, it may be helpful to look at the following thread for hints regarding Rio de Janeiro, Level 24.

Rio de Janeiro level 24

For the master builder tier, I focused on making line crushes and bomb boosts. By making these matches towards the bottom part of the board, I was able to get rid of layers of stickers that resulted in the filling of the chained color blockers. Once I got the chained color blockers to go off, it was easier for me to bring the souvenirs to fall through the board.

TillyQ, I can definitely see how Rio de Janeiro, Level 50 can be a challenge. Thank you cici0703 for the great suggestion. I also found that once I was able to fill up both color blockers, I swapped the Lightning Bolt Boosts with each other. One set of these boosts will clear out the first layer of the stickers. The other set clears the second layer. Once I was able to take care of the stickers, I then focused on the middle portion of the board with the tiles. With the remaining amount of moves, I worked to get rid of those tiles and get the score level requirement.

Smilie14, Rio de Janeiro, Level 25 was indeed a tricky level. What I found helped get through this level was to concentrate on taking care of the chained gummies first. This helped to add gummies to the board. Since the chained gummies are pretty close to the ice blocks, the matches to get rid of the chained gummies also resulted in being able to take a part of the ice block to get to the tile. Once I was able, I then focused on making horizontal line crushes in the middle part of the board to take care of more layers of the ice cubes. For this level I ended up using all the moves given to me to get rid of the tiles underneath the ice cubes.

Trav3lbird, it may be helpful to look at the following thread:

Rio Level 28

If players are still having issues getting through certain levels, feel free to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. The support team is always willing to help out in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
814 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 7, 16 6:53 PM
Level 60 intern is proving impossible , never enough greens to explode the blockers and if the souvenir drops it sits right on the last blocker. The board constantly shuffles and no one ever told me that a waterfall won't shift a blocker so I wasted the last of my waterfall boosts which are very hard to come by! I guess a shovel will shift the last blocker but I will need all mycoins to buy the H H as I hate think what this next monument will cost! I hate Rio!,

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 10, 16 1:18 PM
Hi Trav3lbird,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Rio de Janeiro, Level 60. I played through this level and was unable to recreate the green gummy issue you are encountering. I do agree that this level is challenging.

What I found helped was to focus on making matches to get rid of the ice in the middle. I did encounter a few times where the board would shuffle after one move. This level is definitely one where making boosts such as line crushes, bombs, and Lightning Bolts are helpful. If you are able to combine a Lightning Bolt Boost with a line crush or bomb, that is even better. This will help clear out the rest of the board along with the sand. Doing this will also help fill those chained color blockers.

If you find that you are still having issues with not enough green gummies appearing, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. The support team has the tools to further assist. Please also provide them details of the boost that was accidentally used. The rain storm boost is what helps remove 5 sand tiles. I'll include a link below to a great resource with more information:

Gummy Drop! Tips and Tricks

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Mar 24, 16 10:51 AM
I need help with level 69 intern, please. How do you clear the upper left and right corners? I get the odd column clearer boost but not often enough to make a difference. Are shovels the only solution?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 24, 16 12:24 PM
Hi BanditSam,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Level, 69, Intern. What I found helped was to focus on making many line crushes and bombs as I could. This helped to clear out the obstacles of the chains and ice that are surrounding the middle portion of the board. Once you are able to clear out more notes and stickers, having a vertical line crush helps get those upper and right corners that are tricky. It did take me some tries to get it, but you will find that a vertical line crush is very helpful. If you are able to swap a Lightning Bolt Boost with a line crush, that is even better.

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. They have the tools to further assist.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: