Cape Town - Level Help

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Cape Town - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Cape Town. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Cape Town posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 15 4:38 PM
Existing Cape Town threads:

Cape Town, Level 88

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 2:43:14 PM PST

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Jan 9, 16 7:57 AM
The logic for solving Cape Town level 102-1 at the Master Builder level is escaping me. There aren't enough light blue gummies to clear the bottom wells. I've tried ignoring the bottom section because there aren't gummies that require removal, but there doesn't seem to be enough room to work at the top half of the puzzle to get sufficient points. Hints would be appreciated.

Edit: Moderators, have you any suggestions? Is there a known problem with this level?

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 5:56:59 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 14, 16 8:30 AM
Hi canuck_53,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Cape Town, Level 102-1, Master Builder.

This level is indeed a tricky one at any tier. I played Master Builder quite a few times and came across the same issue that you experienced. I was able to get through some of the chained color blockers, but still found it challenging to obtain the 180,000 score level requirement. I've gone ahead and passed this information along to the appropriate team. The good news about Gummy Drop! is that the team is very receptive to feedback and are always willing to look at certain levels that may need fine tuning. You are also definitely welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game so that they can help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Jan 14, 16 2:05 PM
Thank you, bfgBellerophon, for the validation that this is a difficult level and for passing the issue along!

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Jan 16, 16 6:01 AM
Re: Cape Town level 88
Jojo987654321 wrote:Has anyone completed this level? Help!

I completed all three levels but it took many tries until the board provided many, many brown gummies and many opportunities to create lightning boosts. On the master builder level I did use a shovel to eliminate the bomb, but only after I had determined there was a good chance of clearing the board. Ridiculous level.

That said, Cape Town has been my favourite city so far. There are certainly some challenging levels, a couple of irritating ones (like 88), but many interesting levels. All in all, a fun city to play.

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Mar 23, 16 3:21 PM
Helping hand level 1? Even if I accomplish the impossible task of dropping the 8 flower petals, I can't get even close to the score required to pass. This is a paid level. If you win, you have to pay 200 coins to purchase resources. I'm not also paying for extra moves to pass this level.

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 3:43:18 PM PST

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Mar 24, 16 6:24 PM
Holi cannoli am I really the only one trying over and over and over to pass this level? Helping hand level 1.

ran1120
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ran1120 on Mar 25, 16 8:45 AM
Helping hand level one is impossible! !!!!!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 25, 16 3:33 PM
Hi canuck_53,

Thanks for bringing Cape Town Level 88 to our attention, and we'll definitely let the appropriate teams know about this level's difficulty as well. In the meantime, I was able to get through it by creating Lightning Blast boosts whenever possible and combining them with Line boosts or Bomb Blast boosts. You can also wait until there are multiple brown gummies on the board, then combine the Lightning Boost with a brown gummy to clear them all at once.

As for Helping Hand 1, the most important thing to do is to create Vertical and Horizontal Line boosts and aim them at the flower petals in order to break the chains. Once those chains are broken, it should be relatively easy to get them to drop off the bottom of the board.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 31, 16 7:27 PM
Cape Town 88 is still very frustrating. Perhaps impossible. To pass you must blow up 30 brown color blockers which blow-up with every brown match 3. I HAD THREE brown
pieces the entire game!! Please have the team look at this asap.

Thanks.

Edited on 04/01/2016 at 6:18:24 AM PST

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Apr 1, 16 6:52 AM
I've been playing level 88 over and over just to see if I'm missing something. I'm not missing anything, this level is set up to try and force players to pay into the game. It's a dirty trick. I can't pass this level and I will not pay to pass it.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 1, 16 3:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

We've definitely noticed the difficulties with Level 88, and do know that we've passed this along to the appropriate teams. We hope that this level can be adjusted in a future update.

In the meantime, snowmanvt did have some great advice in another thread. Instead of concentrating on the brown gummies, you can pass the level by concentrating on getting the required points before the timed brown Color Blockers explode. You can do this by creating Lightning Blast boosts and combining them with Line Blasts or Bomb Blasts.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by golfwidow11 on Apr 6, 16 5:06 AM
Any ideas for level 92-3. I am just Stuck!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 6, 16 3:50 PM
Hi golfwidow11,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble completing Level 92-3. I went ahead and played the level, and I can definitely see why. The barriers that are blocking off different areas of the board prevent any boosts from being used to clear the stickers from more than just one area, so the color blocker in an area needs to be filled before those stickers can be cleared.

What I found useful was to focus on creating line crushes and bomb blasts so that I could take out the brown gummies in fewer moves. This helped to fill up the color blockers, and once those went off more gummies could come and fill the board, making it easier to match them and work towards the score goal. Additionally, creating Lightning Bolt Boosts to match with the brown gummies was especially helpful in filling and setting off the color blockers throughout the board.

If there's still an issue moving past this level, please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Support Team with the email address associated with your account. Our Reps are always willing to help as best they can.

I hope this helped. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on May 7, 16 5:15 AM
Can someone tell me how to beat 118? It seems impossible to reach the needed score without buying extra moves. Thank you!

[Post New]by Benceline on May 10, 16 8:46 PM
Facing major issues completing level 88 due to shortage of brown ones. Have spent a huge amount of collected coins and resources. To no avail. To the rescue please. Someone anyone ..... Appreciate your assist.

[Post New]by Benceline on May 10, 16 8:47 PM
Facing major issues completing level 88 due to shortage of brown ones. Have spent a huge amount of collected coins and resources. To no avail. To the rescue please. Someone anyone ..... Appreciate your assist.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on May 11, 16 11:23 AM
I passed the intern level on Capetown 88, luckily you dont need to pass the other two levels to advance. Here is the key: Forget about the brown color blockers--you can never get enough browns to fill them all and it takes too many shovels to clear them all.
Note that you pass the level on points only, nothing else is needed. Thus, I was able to create two lightening bolts and bring them together. This cleared all the papers and dropped all the brown blockers to the bottom. This resulted in a great many more spaces freed up for gummies on the board. i was able to then make enough matches to reach the point level needed before the blockers exploded. Dont waste any moves getting brown matches. After many tries I realized the color blockers were just a fake-out on this level.

Any Hitchcock movie fans out there? He always had a "McGuffin" in his movies....people and evidence that looked like they were the key to the crime or mystery, but in the end turned out to be totally irrelevant. The color blockers are a "McGuffin" on this level.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 05/11/2016 at 11:29:20 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help 92-3

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on May 13, 16 5:26 PM
I have seen the earlier messages but after using 5 lives there are never enough Browns to fill more than one colour blocker. Lightnings are useless because there are never more than 3 or 4 Browns available at any one time. I got 2 lightnings and used them on Browns and never even half filled the first blocker. The opportunities to make bombs or other usual methods are no use because you can't get any further down the board without filling the colour blocker things. A really baaaaad level!!

Go to: