melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Last animal tile supposed to be Chappie

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Nov 26, 15 8:56 AM
I've stopped and started this game more times than I care to admit, but, the same problem keeps occurring - getting the last animal tile in order to progress. I checked here to see if anyone else was having the same problem, and someone wrote that you don't wake the dog up the first time, and you get booted out of the HOP. Then there's supposed to be a bone next to the steps going into the apothecary. Oh, Yeah! Can't find it, and I'm frustrated as all get out. I'm giving this one last try to see if I can get this right, but, I'm telling you, it's not doable, and I'm angry after buying this game in good faith. I either get some satisfaction or my money back (credit). This is ridiculous as this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Last animal tile supposed to be Chappie

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 26, 15 9:47 AM
melmer1423 wrote:I've stopped and started this game more times than I care to admit, but, the same problem keeps occurring - getting the last animal tile in order to progress. I checked here to see if anyone else was having the same problem, and someone wrote that you don't wake the dog up the first time, and you get booted out of the HOP. Then there's supposed to be a bone next to the steps going into the apothecary. Oh, Yeah! Can't find it, and I'm frustrated as all get out. I'm giving this one last try to see if I can get this right, but, I'm telling you, it's not doable, and I'm angry after buying this game in good faith. I either get some satisfaction or my money back (credit). This is ridiculous as this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

How you get the animal tiles is dependent on your choices when speaking with the guy who hired you. If what I remember in my scan of the strategy guide in the section of how the game differs depending on your choices, that was one of the differences. You might want to check that section and see if it helps you. I think you only have to get a bone if you choose a certain way. So where it might be a factor for the person that posted, it might not have anything to do with the game and your choices. I hope this makes sense.

Regardless of choices, I think everyone has to play the HOP in the doghouse. I nudged him a little with a misclick, but didn't fully wake him so I don't know what happens if you really wake the dog up. Are you saying that the game won't let you back in to finish the HOP scene? The goal of that particular HOP is as few misclicks as possible. There are no timers or awards for speed, so take your time before you click and you should get by without waking the puppy.

Good Luck and I hope this helps a little!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

Re:Last animal tile supposed to be Chappie

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 26, 15 6:15 PM
I woke him up the 2nd time playing. Yes, the bone is suppose to be right next to the steps of the apothecary. When you give him the bone, it takes a few minutes before you can go back and finish the HOP and this time you can't wake him up since he's already awake chewing on his bone. What I did was give him his bone, walked to a few of the places I had been to pass the time, then came back to finish the HOP. Hope you can complete this.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 27, 15 5:46 AM
jaldeer wrote:I woke him up the 2nd time playing. Yes, the bone is suppose to be right next to the steps of the apothecary. When you give him the bone, it takes a few minutes before you can go back and finish the HOP and this time you can't wake him up since he's already awake chewing on his bone. What I did was give him his bone, walked to a few of the places I had been to pass the time, then came back to finish the HOP. Hope you can complete this.

Ahhh. that explains it! Thanks for posting! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why I couldn't remember having to find a bone anywhere. I do like that players can have different gaming experiences in this one, but it makes it more difficult to try and help.

Thanks!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 28, 15 1:54 AM
You're welcome. I agree, when players have different gaming experiences, it makes it hard to help. Glad I could help with this one.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 28, 15 9:22 AM
I have been playing with two profiles just so I could see what happened with the separate responses to one's actions in the game.

It IS possible to play without waking Chappie up....I have done it twice....it is, I believe in the order you pick things up with, and you have got to pay attention to the 'Chappie Meter' on the left side of the screen to let him go soundly back to sleep when disturbed....
and when you do wake him up, it takes a while after giving him the bone to settle down......but, the bone is there by the apothecary steps only if you wake him....and he will never go back to sleep....but, you can continue getting the items you need to collect, and he is so happy with his bone.

Go to: