COOKING QUEST

Re: COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by ntsuhako on Apr 16, 08 5:55 AM
I agree it's a great game. I wonder how long it is. I get a sense that it might be a short one.

It is hard on the older eyes like mine, but the items are so well defined and clear that it does make it a little easier.

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Apr 16, 08 9:48 AM
Just bought it too, very cute. Some of those items are very tough to find, at least for me!

Lisa

[Post New]by ilovephins on Apr 16, 08 12:48 PM
I am enjoying this game also. But have come upon a problem. Sometimes when an item I am looking for is at the bottom of the screen I cannot click it. This is not a problem unless it is an item that you have to have such as a pie shell. If it is not an item you HAVE to find then I can just let the time run out and start over and so far the item I couldn't click is not on the list again.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Thanks

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Apr 16, 08 1:03 PM
I encountered this same issue when I tried to change players, it was like my cursor couldn't go to the bottom of the screen. I went in and changed it from full screen to the smaller version, clicked on what I wanted and then made it full screen again.

Lisa

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Apr 16, 08 3:04 PM
Had the same problem with items at very bottom of screen. I also changed to window, clicked item, changed back to full screen.
Where is the wheel in the kitchen? Ran out of time 1st time, trial expired before I could find it the 2nd time. Thanks.

[Post New]by ilovephins on Apr 17, 08 3:02 AM
Thanks Lisa that did fixed it. Can go back to enjoying the game now. Thanks again. Clara

[Post New]by dawson313313 on Apr 17, 08 6:38 AM
Where is the walkthrough for this game.No it isn't a short game.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Apr 17, 08 10:10 AM
Bought and played. only 6 restaurants. i have vista and had no problems ... except two items at bottom of screen and changed to window so i could click on them ... then back to full screen. very expensive to use hints and sometimes couldn't find hint before it disappeared. liked the "cooking" sessions. very short game. says replay will have different items ... hmmmmm, we'll see.

[Post New]by Avinasativa on Apr 18, 08 6:27 AM
I am stuck on the italian restaurant. When I cook at the end, I have a bowl of figs left over - can't make them go with anything

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Apr 18, 08 9:22 AM
i think this is the one in which you put them in blender and add to drink.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Apr 19, 08 10:07 AM
Mish1688 wrote:I can't find the fresh mozzarella in the second restaurant for some reason. Can anyone help? The hints are way too fast that I couldn't even pick up where it was telling me it was and now I have no money.

It looks like a round white ball and is on left side of screen. you can add dollars by finding multiple items before clicking on them.

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Apr 19, 08 12:22 PM
Does anyone know where the lips are in the Pan Fusion Cafe??? I am out of hints and it's all I have left to find......

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Apr 19, 08 12:26 PM
On the brick wall of the oven.

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Apr 19, 08 12:39 PM
EdnaMoles wrote:On the brick wall of the oven.

But there is no oven in the Pan Fusion Cafe?????

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Apr 19, 08 1:27 PM
cesse47 wrote:
Gajillion wrote:Does anyone know where the lips are in the Pan Fusion Cafe??? I am out of hints and it's all I have left to find......

I checked all 4 courses and didn't see lips. Which course are you working in? I'll look again if I know which course.

I finally found them. They are grayish colored, and are right behind the hamburger on the floor.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Apr 19, 08 1:33 PM
I thought the Cooking Quest game was a time mangement game, too, until I read yoour comments here.
Is it worth buying in your valued opinions?

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Apr 19, 08 1:55 PM
I really liked the game, but know that it is VERY short!

Lisa

[Post New]by susier41 on May 6, 08 3:02 PM
cesse47 wrote:i think this is the one in which you put them in blender and add to drink.

thanks very much i was totally stuck at that bit!

[Post New]by specialcritters on May 8, 08 6:25 AM
scotcat wrote:

MY PROBLEM - When I am in the "rooms" my cursor runs choppy and slow. I didn't even realize you could get bonus points for finding stuff fast (except by accident once) because my cursor moved so slow and choppy. It did not do this outside of the rooms (like on the menu list and elsewhere). Once again....... I hate Windows Vista!

I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but it sounds to me like you need to use the game compatibility wizard built into Vista; it makes the computer run like XP. Prime Suspects would barely run yesterday until I dug out the wizard. After I set it up, it's supposed to remember those settings and always do them with the game. It was pretty painless, and it made a WORLD of difference.

Now I'll go read the other replies, and probably find out that you've already gotten an answer...

[Post New]by mzmcky on Jul 5, 08 8:23 PM
Avinasativa wrote:I am stuck on the italian restaurant. When I cook at the end, I have a bowl of figs left over - can't make them go with anything

hi there
this is my first try at this
the figs go into the blender
then into the wine glass gl

Go to: