bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 17 10:10 AM
Hello katrinaceleste and 1isalone,

Thank you for sharing your observations and experiences while playing the PC version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there is an update on a situation here as well as a possible technical issue. Thank you katrinaceleste for letting us know that you're able to continue enjoying the game. That's great news and I wish you continued happy gaming! I'm also happy to provide a few suggestions as well as how to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

1isalone, it sounds like there was an issue with that achievement being updated properly after receiving cornucopias. What I recommend in this case is seeing if running the game with advanced permissions can help stop this from occurring in the future, because sometimes running this game as an Administrator on Windows machines can ensure the game counts achievements properly. If you'd like you try those steps, I've included an article on how to do that below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you observe this continuing despite that, or if you would just like further assistance, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what has happened, what was collected, and the achievement that wasn't updated to reflect that change. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by garciaWERET on Nov 11, 17 3:13 AM

Edited on 11/11/2017 at 2:29:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Zipzoc on Nov 13, 17 2:35 AM
I have a new friend listed - ID 1454641 DELYTFOREST catch up - I cannot send gifts as his/her card in the friends area will not spin. He/she has sent me gifts so I’m feeling rather mean. Please help.

[Post New]by GypsyMoonBaby on Nov 13, 17 6:14 AM
I'm getting a new computer. Will I lose all progress on my game? How do I save for another computer without loss?
This happened before and I would hate to lose all my levels again.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
3,974 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 13, 17 10:32 AM
Zipzoc.........the friend whose wish list you cant turn over........they don't have a wish list......oftentimes folks will take down their wish list to catch up on THEIR gifting. Just have to wait until they put their list back up.

GypsyMoonBaby.........jot down your ID#........when you get your new PC, download MC and you will get a new ID#.......contact Customer Support and give them your OLD ID# and your NEW ID#........they will transfer your game so you don't lose progress.......but with the new ID#.......your friends WONT transfer......so jot down their names and ID#'s and reinvite and post something in the forum about old id and new id so friends don't gift the old id#.

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 13, 17 10:51 AM
Hello Zipzoc and GypsyMoonBaby,

These are great questions, and I'm glad to see that sbaker2318 has been able to swim by with some suggestions as well as some steps to take. I'd like to provide some follow up, just in case it's helpful to have it.

Zipzoc, sometimes, players may not want to have a wish list. This is because they may have a large amount of inventory already or wish to aid others exclusively without receiving gifts. Sometimes, as sbaker2318 says, this is done to ensure they can gift back themselves without necessarily also receiving gifts at the same time. So, maybe check back later to see if they would like a gift later. Players can change their wish list out at any time, so it may be that they will change that soon!

GypsyMoonBaby, it appears that there has been some great suggestions placed here. I also recommend jotting down your current device's Friend Code. This will allow you to have that progress transferred to a different device's Friend Code. Once you are ready to transfer, install Midnight Castle on the new computer and take note of its Friend Code. Provide both of the Friend Codes to the Midnight Castle Support Team and let them know what ID you need to be transferred. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist further.

You may also want to jot down Friend Codes of your friends as sbaker2318 suggests as well, as these are not transferred during a progress transfer. Feel free to also make use of our Friend Code thread for PC below, should that be preferable to recreate your Friend List:

PC Friend Codes

Thank you for your patience, and I hope these suggestions and clarifications help out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by GypsyMoonBaby on Nov 15, 17 11:16 AM
ty both for quick response, you are all tops!
and I want to say a big thank you for the new hidden object scenes, they're beautiful! make the game so much more fun.

[Post New]by GypsyMoonBaby on Nov 15, 17 11:17 AM
you also answered a question I keep forgetting to ask, friends, new friends, who I can't gift! now I know why! xo

Can I get my old game back, please?

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Nov 15, 17 11:56 AM
I lost access to my old game when my computer died about six months ago.

My old game No was 621041

I an currently playing on game No 710524

Could you possibly restore my previous game, please (My player name is "The Doctor")

All the best,
Ken

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 15, 17 1:49 PM
Hello GypsyMoonBaby and Ken_TheDoctor,

Thanks for your patience. It sounds like we were able to help out with those suggestions, and I'm glad it was useful GypsyMoonBaby. As for the transfer request Ken_TheDoctor, since you have both the original Friend Code and the new one, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team who can follow up with that transfer.

Since I'm not equipped with the tools necessary to affect this transfer, contacting our Support Team above with those Friend Codes is the next step to getting that progress restored.

Thank you for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by campbelldwayne on Nov 16, 17 4:41 AM

Edited on 11/16/2017 at 11:05:58 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by rennerbroder on Nov 17, 17 4:22 AM

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 4:37:11 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 17, 17 4:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience in regards to the posts that sometimes appear in our forums that are spam or not following the rules. Moderators do their best to remove this content as rapidly as possible and we continue to request updates and upgrades for our forum's guards and filters to combat this persistent issue. For more information regarding this persistent issue in the forums, please see our announcement regarding it below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

I also want to thank the players who have made sure to not engage these posts and instead report them to a moderator. This helps us remove them more rapidly and also ensures they stay in the forums as little as possible. Thank you all for your understanding.

Thank you as well for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by lloydgallo on Nov 17, 17 10:51 PM

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 2:17:57 PM PST

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Nov 18, 17 12:17 PM
I'm having some issues. I got this notice twice in 2 days, can't exactly recall the wording, something along the lines of that it can't save, now I've lost everything, also I don't have my friend code. My computer's been acting kinda funky, but this doesn't happen often. Actually, this hasn't happened since I got my computer.

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 2:29 PM
Hello kitty_2009,

I'm really sorry that game progress has been lost. The forums aren't equipped to investigate this matter in depth, so please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. The form will ask you to include the game's Friend Code, but since it sounds like that's unavailable, it can be submitted without that information. If possible, let our Support Team know what items have been lost.

If the error message appears again, please take a screenshot of it and send it to the Support Team. The help articles below will walk you through those two processes.

How do I take a screenshot? (Computer)
How do I attach a file to my email?

If there are any questions, please PM me or another moderator. We'll provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

Go to: