Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 27, 15 12:48 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/27/2015 at 7:34:57 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 27, 15 7:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Fear for Sale: City of the Past to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by eagles717 on Nov 29, 15 7:19 AM
Hi, in your walk through, your pictures doesn't come through

Does anybody know if there's a update patch for this game?

[Post New]by dribble30 on Nov 29, 15 10:12 PM
PROBLEM: played up to the SCHOOL. Got through the SCHOOL, got items from MAILBOX (clue & firefly) forgot the wire. Now I can't get back to MAILBOX to get wire. Without wire I can't get into the PUMP to continue game.

MAGGIE564
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MAGGIE564 on Nov 30, 15 5:12 AM
I'm having the same issue as Dribble30. Forgot the wire and cannot go back to retrieve it. The screen keeps telling me to go there, but will not access the mailboxes. It goes straight to the schoolyard. Please help as we cannot advance any further.

[Post New]by tawnysue on Nov 30, 15 8:06 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem that other players have posted here: Didn't get the wire from the mailbox, and the game won't let me get back to the mailbox. Hoping someone with BFG will investigate and respond soon. Thanks.

I am running the standard edition of the game on Windows 7.

Edited on 12/01/2015 at 5:23:11 PM PST

robester
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robester on Dec 1, 15 9:08 AM
Having the same problem as all the above. Even the hint knows I haven't done something in the scene, but anytime I bring the cursor close to where the mailboxes are, it changes to the enter school arrow.

[Post New]by BlackLilyWing on Dec 1, 15 7:46 PM
I am having the same issue. It didn't let me pick up the wire originally and now I can't go back to get it.

Ice_128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Ice_128 on Dec 1, 15 11:51 PM
I had the same problem, deleted and reinstalled the game. This time I got the wire.
Just thought I would pass this on.

[Post New]by PatriciaBaxter on Dec 3, 15 12:50 AM
I have got to the point where I require the wire to break open the tank in the garden in front of the school. I did not get the wire from the post box and now cannot get near the postbox WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!! Am totally stuck.

[Post New]by PatriciaBaxter on Dec 4, 15 3:53 AM
Have not received any response from my query regarding City of the Past I am on PC and cannot get any further because the game will not let me. WHAT DO I DO IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW AFTER HAVING GIVEN ONE OF MY CREDITS TO GET THE GAME.

[Post New]by jeannie12 on Dec 4, 15 2:52 PM
Same problem as everyone else - can't return to mailbox to obtain wire. Uninstalled and reinstalled without any success.

lgm76
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lgm76 on Dec 7, 15 2:15 PM
Same problem!!!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 7, 15 3:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you for bringing these issues of not getting the wire and the inability to go back to the mailbox in this game to our attention!

We definitely want to investigate this further and get necessary information from individual players so this can be looked into further and forwarded to the appropriate team.

Please submit a ticket to Customer Support from the Contact Us page, and include a Dr. Felix report in your ticket as well. The Dr. Felix report is a diagnostics report that can help to narrow down and see if there's a trend on the systems the issue is occurring on so they can try to get to the bottom of the issue.

Here is a help article with additional information on how to run and attach the aforementioned Dr. Felix report:

<as-html>Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report

bfgGlithui

Edited for typo

Edited on 12/07/2015 at 3:38:25 PM PST

[Post New]by esteroverde on Dec 18, 15 12:14 PM
Just like many others I'm also having tech issues with this game and not able to get back to the mailbox for the wire. I use Windows 8. I'll be looking for a solution from you guys hopefully soon!

crttr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by crttr on Jan 14, 16 10:32 AM
mailbox; I had to restart from beginning and when you get to mailbox don't forget the wire or you won' be able to get back to the mailbox once the school house gate is opened.

Go to: