Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/28/2015 at 8:11:47 AM PST

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Hint button

[Post New]by handyfr on Nov 28, 15 5:42 AM
Hint button does not work. Anyone else having this problem?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 28, 15 8:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

EdsMom311
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by EdsMom311 on Nov 28, 15 1:55 PM
I am playing on a Mac Mini and I have no game cursor. I can start with my usual desktop arrow, but when the game is playing I can't get the game cursor to work, then all of a sudden that will go away. Too bad cause this looks like a good game and I would liked to have bought it. I will try to delete and reinstall and see if that works.
Kathleen

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 28, 15 6:49 PM
I'm having the same problem, I'm playing on an IMAC. I've downloaded the game twice with the same result. No cursor shows when the game opens. Trying to back out was an "interesting" experience. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. It looks like a good game.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Nov 29, 15 4:55 AM
No game cursor. I am on an iMac OSX 10.10.4 Put game in trash.

Ralphe2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ralphe2 on Nov 29, 15 8:58 AM
No game cursor for me to. I am on Mac. OS X 10.8.5 .And more when I change in the setting for the game cursor or not, it's freezing. I don't want to buy this game.
Sorry.

[Post New]by afinstad on Nov 29, 15 3:43 PM
yup… no game cursor. playing on a macbook pro

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 30, 15 11:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with the cursor on their Mac computers.

If you haven't already, it may be helpful to look at the following help article:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are still having issues and would like to troubleshoot further, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help.

I've also gone ahead and passed along this information to the appropriate team. Thank you for your patience as we look into this for you. Keep in mind that the support team also has the tools to keep track of and report these issues.

bfgBellerophon

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 1, 15 7:37 AM
Same here ! Glad I'm not the only one with the cursor problem ! I'm playing on a Mac OS 10.9.5

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Frezo on Dec 2, 15 2:27 AM
Dito no cursor on MACbook!

Edited on 12/02/2015 at 2:28:27 AM PST

[Post New]by redscott on Dec 2, 15 10:03 PM
No cursor for me as well. Playing on a MACbook Pro. Already purchased the game. Bummer...

[Post New]by Robie23456 on Dec 3, 15 9:16 AM
the case over the hint button keep's blanking out when went to add photo to it

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Dec 4, 15 11:02 AM
hope this is the right place to post this rather than the tech area. at any rate, there's a place in the desert where you rescue a woman in a car. I know that there is more to the bonus game from checking the guide; however, you cannot move or do anything from this point. I am "told" that there is "nothing to do now" when I try the map or the hint button. I have exited the game and come back several times. I would rather not play the whole bonus game just to run into this again.

has anyone else run into this? any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!! if it matters to anyone who might respond, I am running windows 7 - home premium.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Dec 5, 15 7:14 AM
MacBook Pro and no cursor either!

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: Eclipse Over Mesina Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Dec 7, 15 4:30 PM
Qismet wrote: hope this is the right place to post this rather than the tech area. at any rate, there's a place in the desert where you rescue a woman in a car. I know that there is more to the bonus game from checking the guide; however, you cannot move or do anything from this point. I am "told" that there is "nothing to do now" when I try the map or the hint button. I have exited the game and come back several times. I would rather not play the whole bonus game just to run into this again.

has anyone else run into this? any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!! if it matters to anyone who might respond, I am running windows 7 - home premium.

I am having the exact same issue!!! Has there been anyone else with this problem and how do you get past it?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 8, 15 6:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that many of you are experiencing cursor issues when playing the game on a Mac. In addition to the Mac Game Troubleshooting article recommended by bfgBellerophon, the following help article may also be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As for the issue with the bonus game, stopping points like this can be passed by restarting the game or even starting a new profile. Since you're already at the end of the game, however, it's understandable if you'd prefer not to do this.

If the suggested steps have not been effective, I definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 6:03:46 PM PST

FionaPa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FionaPa on Dec 11, 15 4:42 AM
No cursor. MacBook Air 2014. 10.9.5. Game trial deleted.

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Dec 19, 15 6:25 PM
I have a different problem have played most of the original game ,when I go to play I get 2 continue game but neither will let me play I am on a Dell with window 7 any help would be appreciated

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 21, 15 2:31 AM
and for every mini game which need to swap or turn something don't work! i have to skip them all! bad game indeed!

Go to: