Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 4, 12 1:21 AM
@grandmamum regarding ** gunpowder and cake: there is a barrel of gunpowder to be found in Granite House, but since it hardened over time you need to do something to it to make it useable again. Or......you can make it by combining the following ingredients: saltpeter, charcoal and sulfur. The cake isn't really neccessary, but if you don't make the cake you will need something else, namely alcohol which you have to distill.** I don't want to give too explicit hints, but if you need more, let me know.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 4, 12 5:31 AM
Thanks so much Catfishgirl. I had figured out the** gunpowder, but when I ground it ,, it just said powder, so I got all confused, but I think in the end I used it in the gun, I can't remember. Anyway I had another hour or so later last night and realised I had burnt the charcoal on the fire - stupid or what. So I went to an earlier save and got the charcoal back and made the gunpowder. I had made alcohol while trying everything in the still, so that's great - Oh no it's not because I went back to an earlier save so I will need to do that again!!! **

I think I'd better go back and see exactly where I am now!

Thanks again.

GMum xxx

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 4, 12 7:45 AM
You can't get stuck (dead end) in this game. If you have consumed something and find you need it, there will be another way to create it. That will be true of RTMI2 as well.

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 7:46:06 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 4, 12 9:47 AM
Thanks Mr Russ, that's useful to know. Gosh my Brain hurts tonight. I have made some good progress and ** the laser and robot quite easily and found his key. Then came the difficulties, firstly figuring out that I needed other keys and then finding them. I went to every other robot and couldn't find had a ball killing the robots. I died quite a lot, but it was fun all the same. I managed the puzzle forthem. So I looked again looking not just on the robots themselves but round and about. Then the Nautilus hatch puzzle had me stumped - just couldn't figure it so used a hint I'm afraid.I had hoped to get the end today, but I just got out of the cage - I knew the thrusters had to be useful sometime - and I just can't think anymore.**

Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow - I am getting near the end aren't I ????? After that I will join you all for RTMI 2, but may have to give Mina a day off before she atarts again.

GMum xxx

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 4, 12 9:51 AM
You're very close! It looks like you have just one objective left.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 4, 12 10:01 AM
Ha ha Mr Russ - what's the betting it's the biggest and hardest yet!!!! That's great though because i didn't want to be too far behind starting RTMI 2.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 4, 12 1:45 PM
Tip toeing in, as not to make too much noise since grandmamum's brain is hurting, to see if I can be of any help
You are doing great by the way! Ohh and I also whispered that last sentence an moving very quietly out again.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 4, 12 3:47 PM
LOL CFG you don;t need to whisper yet - just when I've sorted Mina out in RTMI1 and we are all having a quick kip before "2"

I know we have the biggie tomorrow and I so wanted to make it with all of you to start "2" but just didn't get there. I'm sure there will be a big ending to "1" which will occupy me tomorrow.

Thank you so much for being there this week, along with MR Russ and jboliver and Joyfullady with her PMs - couldn't have done this without you. I purposely rushed it, while still having the experience and doing a fair bit of thinking for myself. You all made that possible.

GMum xxx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 4, 12 3:50 PM
PS - I hope by 2p.m. tomorrow UK time you will have a "YAY HAY" FINISHED. That's my aim xxx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on May 4, 12 4:59 PM
Good luck - bet we see you sooner! PM me if you need me - storms seemed to have passed.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 4, 12 5:31 PM
You are doing so well Grandamum, I am sure you will be able to join the group play for 2 in no time. I on the other hand haven't been able to get back to the game to carry on just yet!

I'm guessing then that you are in the UK, which means that we are actually in the same time zone but I work full time during the week, which could give the impression of my being in another time zone!

Well with the Bank Holiday weekend here, I am hoping to be able to at least get closer to finishing this game. I guess time will tell!! Grandmamum, please feel free to leave some hints along the trail on the Island and I will be sure to get Mina to read them!

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 5, 12 11:37 AM
Hi Popla

Honestly I'm so ashamed of myself - just because I'm retired I forget others are slogging during the day at work. Forgive me. I'm in France, not the UK, but I am British, we moved here when we retired.

Anyway I finally finished, but today took me ages and I died quite a lot.It was fun though. My end score was awful compared with most of the others - only 265 - I think I took the easiest option for everything.

Thanks again so much, CFG, Joy, Jboliver and Mr Russ for all your help - I would be floundering without your support.

Popla - good luck - one big tip is don't panic if you haven't got one particular thing you think you need, there's probably another way to do it and for the door puzzles later in the game - ** think about the main subject of the story.**

If you want any help please pm me - but I will try and look in every day, particularly tomorrow and Monday when I know you will be off work.

I may start "2" tomorrow, or I may wait until Monday for my little grey cells to recover,

GMum xxxx

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 2:10:13 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 11:45 AM
Congrats on finishing, Gmum. You should find a lot that is useful when you play RTMI2.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 2:08 PM
A huge congrats to Grandmamum!
Now give those grey cells some rest!

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 5, 12 2:14 PM
Thanks CFG and Mr Russ - am well and truly resting those cells - actually I'm not because it's bonus punches again, so I am wondering if I can justify anymore. Could get some Nancy Drew games as I know they will be coming up. Would get Agon, but have visitors that week so I think I will have to miss that one out. Somehow the HOPAs don't have the same appeal anymore and I have so many to play still

Popla - you ok out there ?

GMum xx

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 7, 12 3:18 AM
Okay, it is Bank Holiday, thast means you've got the day off popla, so where are you I expect you playing

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 8, 12 2:55 PM
Popla - How are you doing - you ok? Hope you are just sailing through.CFG and I keep checking in , probably because we're exhausted from our feats in RTMI2 - it's great but I 'll need to sleep for a week when/if I finish!!!!

GMum xxx

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 8, 12 4:23 PM
Hi guys sorry I haven't been back here. As it goes, I haven't been able to get back to the game yet, in part as I have been distracted with the new Nancy game (Tomb of the Lost Queen) and haven't been able to put it down!

I'm planning on getting back in to do some more tomorrow though and I'm sure I will need some help then I do appreciated you both checking in though and hope you are enjoying RTMI 2

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 4:25:15 PM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 9, 12 4:43 PM
Hi Popla,

Good to see you - you will have to tell us about the new Nancy game - i take it that it's a good'un?

RTMI2 is a beautiful game but I find it harder than 1 - I certainly think we have done the right thing playing 1 first, I really think I would have been very lost if I had gone straight into it.

Will keep popping in to see if you need any help, although if you go through the thread i think most of the sticking points are covered. Also , please pm me if you want a quick answer, I'm usually about.

Hope you enjoyed the Bank Holiday.

GMum xxxx

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 14, 12 3:48 PM
Hi guys, just popping in to say I haven't played any more of this for some time and for some reason have no real desire to get this game finished any time soon. Thanks for popping in and checking but I won't be playing this for a while now. I am putting both this and the second game on a backburner and will get round to playing them sometime in the future!

Grandmamum - I will post a little something about the new ND game over in our hang out thread.

Go to: