PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 4, 13 6:36 AM
This was more of an FYI from me also, re: the negative number on my gifts. Everyone thought it was fixed and mine was a notice that it might not be.

I did not report since I find this to be a minor annoyance. Losing silver or gold is much more critical, plus the negative number was back to where it should be after 24 hours.

[Post New]by jankalsbeek on Sep 4, 13 6:52 AM
After reaching level 13 I got a message with gifts. I accepted but The gifts are not in my inventory. Gallee 49

[Post New]by ehnavarrete on Sep 4, 13 4:37 PM
I bought an aura cleansing and it had like 3 hours left then there was an update just a little while ago and now it's gone not on my mansion and not in my inventory. Can I please have it back or credit back for my coins I spent on it.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Sep 4, 13 8:47 PM
@jankalsbeek: when you level up, you don't earn items, you only unlock them, so it's actually a message that says you can purchase these items now

@ ehnavarette: try a force close of your game and re-open, this might help. If not, you should contact customer support

Edited on 09/04/2013 at 8:48:41 PM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Sep 6, 13 6:30 AM
When I use a hint in scene 9.1, the game immediately closes and gives a very low endscore. It aready happened 5 times, this could have been a full vial if it didn't happen! This type of bug we had in a previous chapter/scene too. Please fix this.

ETA: it just happened again, but this time I didn't use a hint, I just zoomed in ....Ended with a score of 90.000 ......

Edited on 09/06/2013 at 6:59:58 AM PST

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Sep 7, 13 7:24 AM
*nevermind - this fixed itself

Edited on 09/07/2013 at 9:17:31 AM PST

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Sep 7, 13 1:41 PM
I feel pretty stupid at this point, new at the game. I do not know how to gift a neighbor. Does this just automatically happen when you visit or do you have to click something? I have one neighbor, (probably default game neighbor) and when I visit him I do not see a way to give him a gift. I am missing something........

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 7, 13 2:36 PM
Hi katrinaceleste,

Please don't feel stupid, you're just not-yet-knowledgeable. The best way to learn is to read the Dark Manor 101 thread up near the top of the list of threads here. It's very extensive and should answer a lot of your questions, and perhaps generate some new ones!

About gifting, it's not directly connected to visiting a neighbor. In the list of your neighbors, there should be two buttons next to each name, Gift and Visit. If you press the Gift button, you'll be asked to choose between three types of gifts, make your selection, and your gift should be sent. There are also other aspects, best to read all about in DM 101. I don't recall whether the default neighbor has a Gift button, perhaps not. So, you need to add some real neighbors first, you guessed it, see DM101...

People are very good about dropping by and answering questions, so please don't hesitate to ask if you don't see what you're looking for in the various DM threads.

Good Luck, and Enjoy!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Sep 11, 13 8:03 PM
Will Dark Manor be "iOS7-proof"? In other words ....: install or wait?
(Release on September 18th)

Edited on 09/11/2013 at 8:03:40 PM PST

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 11, 13 11:42 PM
Oooh, good question!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Sep 12, 13 7:11 AM
I can't even play the game. I get a box message, with no error code, saying the following:

"We're sorry, but it doesn't look like your graphics device is supported by this game."

This has never happened with any other Big Fish game, and without an error code I don't know where to look for a solution.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 13 7:23 AM
Hi L_Amour,

That is a great question and while I believe the game will be configured for that new OS, I will double check and myself or another Mod will pop in with some definite information for you!

Thanks from bringing this up and hoping to have some definite assurances on this for you soon!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Jagger2785 on Sep 12, 13 11:35 AM
I have also had problems (several times) where energy was supposed to be restored to 100% but was not. Most recently, I was supposed to receive the nudi branch plant as an accomplishment but I did not receive. I'm playing on my iPad.

Daphje
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Daphje on Sep 12, 13 12:55 PM
Hello,

I don't have quests anymore. The bubbles on the left?
I had this ones before and thought nothing of it. However, when they came back after a long long time (and only playing scenes in the meantime for money) I had to spend gold to finish the "beat your personal high scores" quests, because they became unbeatable (because of all the endless playing for money).
Anyway, for a couple of days, there are no more bubbles on the left. Anyone experiencing the same? Or should I address this to tech support?

Txhlfan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Txhlfan on Sep 12, 13 3:16 PM
I played the bonus mystery garden 3 times, when I went back to my mansion,every thing was gone. The amount of land I purchased was there,but the graphics was blank. What happened? 65 Bugsy lane.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Sep 12, 13 4:55 PM
Game loaded fine but have a problem.
Got a message: We're sorry, but it doesn't look like your graphics device is supported by this game. What does this mean.
Also, it shows that I own this game but I don't recall buying it. Thanks.

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Sep 12, 13 10:30 PM
I took advantage of the slasher sale and bought a lot of nudi branches for my main game and it worked out so well, I thought I'd buy some for my second game - Tysonsnanny 2. Figured I'd be able to get more branches, cause I had over 300,000 silver. I kept buying and buying, hadn't really gotten that many - of course I didn't keep track - and I got a message saying I didn't have enough silver to buy more! How could that be, when I had more silver? I should have been able to open all the chapters. I looked more closely at the screen and instead of the price being 1,300, it was 13,000 silver. Grooooan, how could I have missed that . All the other items were 1,300. It worked fine in my other game! I've submitted a ticket, but what are the chances, this will be resolved before the sale is over.

Munromd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Munromd on Sep 12, 13 10:43 PM
I have lost my game completely, how can I get it back? I had two land areas due today that I waited a week for and now it has gone back to start, not going through all that again, can anyone help?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 13 3:08 AM
Hi everyone,

If your game is not offering new tasks or you are not receiving the correct rewards for completing tasks, it may help to close the game fully and reopen.

The help article here, details how to do that under the heading Close all applications.

However, if this doesn't help matters please do get in touch with our Support Team so we can work this out for you.

1unicorn - it sounds like you are playing on PC? If so, you could try running some updates to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

Munromd - please contact Tech Support Team so we can look into retrieving that game for you.

Finally, I haven't forgotten the question about iOS 7, I will fill you in once I hear more.

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 13, 13 8:46 AM
One of my two Tesla machines has stopped recharging suddenly for no good reason. Any ideas?

Have tried moving it, I know that works with some things.

Go to: