Re:Post your Agency 33 Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Grammyta7 on Jul 8, 15 11:42 PM
I too could play yesterday morning just fine, but now get the Black Screen and the only way to "exit" is to End Task on Task Manager or reboot. The music does play in the background with the Black Screen. I am at level 57 or higher and would hate to start over, so I hope a "fix" is available soon. I checked for an update, I do mine manually, but there were no new updates. Thank-you for any help or information, it is greatly appreciated. Linda

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Agency 33 and again got the Black Screen. I copied the Fatal Error message which read:
Incorrect + 'c:\user\Linda\AppData\Roaming\EleFunGames\Agency33\default\profiles\_4873715167778981\map.storage' file format

Any idea what I can do to fix this problem? Again, thank-you and Good Night. Linda

Edited on 07/09/2015 at 12:33:52 AM PST

[Post New]by wisteriatayu on Jul 11, 15 6:54 PM
I was at level 40 got a fatal error and had to restart the game from scratch. So I restart and get to level 24 and now I have some message stuck on the game screen and none of the buttons function. It reads *You won't take me alive - I'm no good to you dead". I enjoy this game, but if someone doesn't have a fix that doesn't involve restarting from scratch for a second time....then I'm done with it.

[Post New]by Sam_McCarthy101 on Jul 16, 15 11:36 AM
For the last two days I have tried to go onto the game and it is crashing.... has anyone else had this problem? I play this game regularly and it is making me very sad :-(

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 17, 15 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there are several issues with this game. Apart from what's mentioned in the article title, the following help article can also help with fatal errors and with messages that the game has stopped working:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

As for updates, we do not receive set dates for when these will be released. However, the Forum Moderation Team will post any new information immediately, as we always have.

In the meantime, our Technical Support Team is skilled at troubleshooting issues and can help with making adjustments to your settings that can possibly help with resolving some of these issues. However, they don't have the ability to change the games themselves. When an issue is identified that requires an actual fix to the game itself, they have to let the developer know because only the developer is capable of making such a change.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by kellyandfriends on Aug 3, 15 2:44 PM
Got the same error as Judy1689 and atangy18 months ago. Contacted customer support, did the Dr. Felix report, etc. etc., and never got an answer. Have not been able to play since. It seems to permanently disable the game on your computer, no matter how many times you uninstall and reinstall the game or the BFG game manager. Good luck. I finally gave up, and I really liked this game!

[Post New]by shslittlegirl1 on Aug 10, 15 8:34 AM
i am having summing stone issues timer has not been working or when i use the stone it does not work could you help me please

thanks frankie

[Post New]by saltnviniger on Aug 30, 15 6:13 PM
I've been playing this game for ages now but have run into an issue.
One of the tasks I have to do to get some formulas asks me to banish the trickster but as soon as I got given this task the Tricksters floater disappeared so I can't finish and am stuck. It told me that I should try banishing other floaters first. I did this many times but it didn't work. What am I to do?

Post your Agency 33 Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by wramhoff on Sep 2, 15 3:05 PM
My problem surfaced this afternoon, after I'd played first thing this morning. When I "Press to continue", the game advances to a pitch black screen while music continues for some while. Using the Alt-Tab combination I see a Fatal Error window is present - I can't quote exactly but it says my personal Map Storage file has an incorrect format. All I can do is close that dialog which, in turn, abends the game.

I crossed my fingers and used Win 10 System Restore to :recover to Aug 27. Launching the game again resulted in the same symptoms.

I'm a retired Software Engineer and have been playing Agency 33 for many months, now. My game status is where I am waiting for an update while a non-player character sits huddled before the cave. I've continued playing to amass the magic marble and the stamps for the agent-assistance features.

I'm hoping there is some way to back my file/game up an hour or so to read a different, valid map. Help, please, I beg of you.

[Post New]by saltnviniger on Sep 3, 15 10:23 PM
saltnviniger wrote:I've been playing this game for ages now but have run into an issue.
One of the tasks I have to do to get some formulas asks me to banish the trickster but as soon as I got given this task the Tricksters floater disappeared so I can't finish and am stuck. It told me that I should try banishing other floaters first. I did this many times but it didn't work. What am I to do?

It's ok it sorted it's self out. After that in 2 days I went up 3 levels.

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Sep 16, 15 9:19 AM
wramhoff wrote:When I "Press to continue", the game advances to a pitch black screen while music continues for some while. Using the Alt-Tab combination I see a Fatal Error window is present - I can't quote exactly but it says my personal Map Storage file has an incorrect format. All I can do is close that dialog which, in turn, abends the game.

Hi wramhoff,

I checked the forum for a solution to this very problem - but since there was none I figured it out for myself, yay me Basically, map.storage is corrupted in some way, so you need to force the BFG installer to give you a new one but not lose your game progress.

To forestall any questions, I have Win 10 but it should work on any Windows version. Note that you will have to make invisible files/folders visible in order to navigate to the file location.

1. Go to the location of the game data file. It's in C:\Users\(your name here)\AppData\Roaming\EleFun Games. Make a copy of the "Agency 33" folder in the same location and delete the original.

2. Uninstall and reinstall the game with the Game Manager. Run it, play through the intro and close it. There is now a new "Agency 33" folder in the above location as well as your old "Agency 33 - Copy"

3. In the location C:\Users\(your name here)\AppData\Roaming\EleFun Games\Agency 33\default\profiles\(number) find the file map.storage and make a copy of it. This is from the new install.

4. Go to C:\Users\(your name here)\AppData\Roaming\EleFun Games\Agency 33 - Copy\default\profiles\(a different number) and paste the new map.storage file. Overwrite the old one.

5. Go back up to C:\Users\(your name here)\AppData\Roaming\EleFun Games and delete the new "Agency 33" folder. Rename "Agency 33 - Copy" to "Agency 33" and go play!

Lemster
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Lemster on Sep 24, 15 9:50 PM
Cibe Orpheus stopped working? I have lots of crystals but the mini game never opens. I don't get the random one any more ether.

[Post New]by BC4Games on Oct 3, 15 12:27 PM
Hello Tech Support,

I just purchased the "Super Pack" for Agency 33, and none of it is showing up in the game. What in the world is going on?

Thanks for your help!!

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Oct 9, 15 7:46 PM
wramhoff wrote:My problem surfaced this afternoon, after I'd played first thing this morning. When I "Press to continue", the game advances to a pitch black screen while music continues for some while. Using the Alt-Tab combination I see a Fatal Error window is present - I can't quote exactly but it says my personal Map Storage file has an incorrect format. All I can do is close that dialog which, in turn, abends the game.
I crossed my fingers and used Win 10 System Restore to :recover to Aug 27. Launching the game again resulted in the same symptoms.

I have the same problem, the game worked last night, didn't work this morning. I also did a system restore, to no avail. I was able to use a magnifying glass: the error states 'Incorrect.........map storage file format'

baroukers
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by baroukers on Oct 13, 15 3:17 PM
The cube-apper, where you uncross the "strings" holding the runes together, has been frozen at 22:00:00 for months now, rather than being able to play it everyday. Now, when I click on it, I get the store pulling up. Is this problem going to be fixed, or is it permanent?

[Post New]by Schnozzer on Oct 14, 15 4:29 AM
baroukers wrote:The cube-apper, where you uncross the "strings" holding the runes together, has been frozen at 22:00:00 for months now, rather than being able to play it everyday. Now, when I click on it, I get the store pulling up. Is this problem going to be fixed, or is it permanent?

This started for me 3 days ago, stuck at 22:00 and goes to the store if I click on it. I emailed BF but got the standard block reply. This is really annoying and if this doesn't get fixed it's 'game over' for me.

[Post New]by Perigee60 on Oct 18, 15 6:41 AM
I keep getting a blank screen when trying to load, error message says microsoft has a problem and will close and try and find a solution. I have reported the problem to support three times and done a Dr Felix diagnosis for them with no hlep forthcoming. I get a reply which says try this and that etc, which I have already done and then nothing. How do you get a response from support, because to me they suck

GrannySy
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by GrannySy on Oct 28, 15 4:10 AM
Hi, for a long time I have been unable to use cibe-cube. It doesn't recharge and the summoner doasn't work. When I asked about this before I was told to wait for the next update and it would right itself then. mmmmm.... I've tried the usual things, uninstall reinstall etc. No joy. Any help forthcoming please?

mohan73
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mohan73 on Dec 7, 15 8:58 PM
my game stopped working

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Psycho999 on Dec 9, 15 6:07 PM
mohan73 wrote:my game stopped working

Mine too...I love this game and I feel heavily invested in it. My computer just crshed without warning, and it never ever does that, restarted machine all fine, until I tried to restart Agency 33, and now it just says windows has detected an error and needs to close, I have done all the usual stuff like uninstall and reinstalled, I really want to carry on with this game I was hooked! And now it won't even let me in, it jsut crashes, I've even rolled back the data to before the crash on the whole computer and uninstalled it and reinstalled it but there is no difference at all. it's all not working now. Screen goes black, then white and then error message and crashes- please help!!! xxx

[Post New]by maysenree on Dec 10, 15 8:10 PM
I'm trying to do the Vanish Eclipse Challenge task, and it refuses to accept that I've done it! I've completed the challenge several times, and it's still sitting there in my list of tasks I need to do.

It's not actually interfering with anything. It might be affecting the Help Damian task I have going, but I haven't checked. I had to vanish the eclipse to get the Scales recipe, and I did get the scales recipe. It's just. Frustrating. I want the task icon to go away!

Go to: