bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 22, 17 12:38 PM
Hello oggologgo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry that there's been trouble exiting Gummy Drop! and am here to provide some help.

To close Gummy Drop! on PC:

1. Press the Esc key to until you get to the title screen
2. Press Esc again to open the exit prompt
3. Click the green check mark to verify you'd like to exit the game.

This was an intentional change made to the game, and I apologize that the method of exiting wasn't made more clear. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise, too. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

LavenderLion
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Dec 26, 17 7:48 PM
Didn't there used to be an in-game mail feature? I play on the PC and usually play offline so didnt notice at first. But I saw a post about Hawaii where someone mentioned getting travel vouchers in the mail. So I decided to check. I made sure I was online before going into Gummy Drop but am not seeing the mail button. It seems strange so I wanted to ask if something changed after the November update? Its not something I'll miss (unless I'm failing to get free travel vouchers!) so I'm not too concerned. I'd just like to know.
thanks

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Dec 26, 17 9:12 PM
Hi LavenderLion,

I started my GD game on a PC back in March of this year. I am not connected to Facebook. I have never seen an in game mail button. Only after the November update was I offered the Cairo free travel for 4 days and the Everest Challenge for the first time ever. I did not get any 4000 free travel vouchers either but I did get the free travel to Hawaii for 3 days and the Everest Challenge this time around.

Best regards
Glitter

LavenderLion
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Dec 27, 17 10:07 AM
Hi glitter,
Your reply helped. I may have been thinking of another GD like game that does have mail in it. Then got confused.
happy gaming!

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 27, 17 12:32 PM
Hello LavenderLion,

I absolutely understand wanting an explanation for why travel vouchers weren't received. This offer was only made to mobile players. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that was caused. Please don't hesitate to PM me (or another moderator) if any new questions or concerns arise. We're here to listen and to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by vmcgee638 on Jan 11, 18 11:51 AM
Before I start, I just want to tell you how much I like Big Fish..Thanks! I am in London but when I get the buildings It will not let me put it in the book. An error comes up. I did uninstall the game and then downloaded it again but it still does the same thing.

Can you help me? Thanks again!

Vera McGee

[Post New]by BriggOfEden on Jan 11, 18 6:52 PM
I've encountered a serious game-halting, glitch with the Marathon Challenges.

This past Marathon Challenge started in Stage 2 in New York City. I was going through and completing it as normal. But when I finished stage 10 and built the corresponding monument, the next set of stages did not load, nor did my Passport update. It is as if I didn't build the monument. But on the map it is built.

On top of this, this glitch left me unable to finish the Marathon Challenge, as Stage 11 would have been the last one.

Now, several days later, I am STILL stuck and unable to advance any further in New York City. I had to plop down 4000 vouchers to unlock Hawaii in order to keep playing.

What should I do to get my New York fixed?

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 12, 18 12:40 PM
Hello vmcgee638 and BriggOfEden,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for some help. I'm swimming over as quickly as I can to look into these issues.

It sounds like your games aren't loading features within the game properly, be it the next set of levels or stamps in the game's passport. We can troubleshoot these errors the same way.

First, please check to see if the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display; developers regularly release new versions to keep computers (and the games played on them) running smoothly. I'd also recommend running the games in Administrator's Mode to ensure they have all the permissions they'd need. This process also improves the computer's and game's relationship.

The following help pages contain the instructions you'll need:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those suggestions don't fix your games, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be able to take a deeper look into these matters.

Should any new questions arise in the future, you're always welcome to PM me or another moderator. We're here to listen and to provide answers!

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by BriggOfEden on Jan 14, 18 6:29 AM
I just realized, this is the thread for the PC version tech issues.

My problem is on the version of Gummy Drop running on my Samsung tablet, Android Version.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Does this change what I should try to fix the problem?

bfgIlinalta
3,376 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 15, 18 12:41 PM
Hello BriggofEden,

Thank you for letting us know what you are playing on. This would definitely change what steps would work for that specific device, but I also wanted to add onto my colleague's suggestions on how to proceed because sometimes players won't see the next stages due to needing to complete another step before those stages appear.

In New York City, be sure that you have gone back and turned in the items you've collected to the NPC that requested you assist them during levels 1 through 10. Once you've provided this NPC those items and completed their request, the next stages will appear as expected. Hopefully, this will reveal those next portions of the city so you can continue.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you'd like further assistance, I recommend contacting our Gummy Drop! Support Team with your User ID, if available, as well as a screenshot of the location in the city that seems to be not working as intended. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 3:02 PM
glitter2goldfish wrote:Hi LavenderLion,

I started my GD game on a PC back in March of this year. I am not connected to Facebook. I have never seen an in game mail button. Only after the November update was I offered the Cairo free travel for 4 days and the Everest Challenge for the first time ever. I did not get any 4000 free travel vouchers either but I did get the free travel to Hawaii for 3 days and the Everest Challenge this time around.

Best regards
Glitter

Yesterday's Everest Challenge was the first I ever played, I just started up playing again after several months away, this forum is hard to navigate to get answers to questions for the pc users as most players seem to be mobile via FB. I feel like the odd duck in this community, the last ftp game I played most everybody was on pc, I guess there is a big difference between BF Club gamer's and people playing free games that they found on FB.

Sorry, I know this thread is for tech problems.

Edited on 01/16/2018 at 3:16:14 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,376 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 16, 18 4:01 PM
Hello Lambina,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss these concerns. I'd be happy to help if I can today. To clarify, the PC version of the game has the same levels and layout as the mobile version, but may not have the most recently added cities or events that are available on the mobile version. That said, I am going to bring this as feedback to our team so that we can discuss it when we meet to discuss future forum changes. Thank you for providing that feedback.

If you are looking for hints or tips in the game, I can recommend checking out our City Directory, as this is the best place to look for assistance with levels or cities no matter what version is being played:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND LEVEL HELP

The above will contain all cities that are available, so don't hesitate to ask questions or help others out if you're on the PC version.

Also, players on PC are able to play a version of the game through Facebook's Gameroom. This version, playable on PC, has the content of the mobile version, and also allows players to save their progress by linking their progress to their Facebook account. For more information regarding this version, I'm adding a link below:

Play on Facebook Gameroom (Computer)

While the Gameroom version's progress is unable to be transferred to your PC version's progress and vice versa, it does allow players who would like access to all the available content to play on their PC and link to Facebook.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this is helpful. Thanks again for your feedback about the forums, and don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/16/2018 at 4:29:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Tobi1964 on Jan 18, 18 10:36 PM
Hi,
I have a new Computer. How do I get my old gameplay to it? I also had bought myself 5 lives which I'd also want to have back. What should I do?
Thanks for the help.
BTW - I am playing Gummy Drop for years now and it is my favorite game ever. :-)

Greetings
Tobi

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 1:07 PM
Hello Tobi1964,

It sounds like a new computer was recently purchased. I absolutely understand wanting to get your old gameplay and the Life Lifter boost onto the new PC. I'll explain what's possible post haste.

We're unable to transfer the PC Gummy Drop! progress from one computer to another. The PC version of the game saves its data directly to the computer's hard drive, which can't be transferred easily. However, there is an alternative option.

Facebook offers a version of Gummy Drop! through its gaming app Gameroom, which can be downloaded onto PCs. By playing Gummy Drop! through Gameroom, you can sync progress between mobile devices

Facebook offers a version of Gummy Drop! through its gaming app Gameroom. The Gameroom app can be downloaded onto a PC, and by playing Gummy Drop! through the app, you can save the game's progress to our servers while still playing on your computer. This version does require that players have a Facebook account and that they connect their game to that account.

For more information about playing Gummy Drop! through Gameroom, please see the help article below:

If you'd like to play the Facebook Gameroom version of Gummy Drop! then please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team once you've started a new game, and be sure to include the new game's User ID with the inquiry. By supplying as much information as is available about your resources and how far you'd progressed within the game, they'll be able to rebuild the game on the new profile.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions or concerns arise. We're here to listen and to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by orig_craftygater on Jan 20, 18 3:05 PM
i just downloaded gummy drop on my pc. how do i set game to current level i am playing on my tablet? i dont see a facebook connection to click on.

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 20, 18 3:38 PM
Hello orig_craftygater,

It sounds like Gummy Drop! was just downloaded onto a PC. The version of the game that's played through the Big Fish Games app can't be synced with the game on your mobile device. To play the game that's connected to your Facebook account on your PC, you'll need to play Gummy Drop! through Facebook's Gameroom app.

Gameroom can be downloaded onto your computer and is Facebook's gaming app. By playing Gummy Drop! through Gameroom, you can easily sync the game progress between your mobile device and the computer. For more information about how to get the Gameroom app and sign in to your Gummy Drop! through it, please see the help article below.

If there's any trouble at all installing the Gameroom app or loading your game's progress, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to investigate the matter.

Thanks for your patience. If new questions arise, you're always welcome to PM me or another moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: