Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by tiltawhirlygirly on Dec 13, 09 8:49 AM
I can't seem to get the potato chips, or even get to that area. I checked the walkthru and think I have done everything to be able to make that area available. Anyone else having this particular problem?

[Post New]by gotghosts on Dec 13, 09 8:50 AM
Just finished this game and was in HEAVEN! My only wish is there were more of MCF games! Thank You Big Fish!

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Dec 13, 09 8:55 AM
What is the difference between the Collectors Edition and the regular 6.99 version?
Is it worth the $20.00 US . I downloaded the regular version and played the first chapter. Once i finished it, i still had 23 minutes left, but it kicked my off and said my hour was over. It has never done that before.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 13, 09 9:00 AM
The demo was set up to cut off at a certain point. For some, they will finish it before the hour is up; for others they won't be done with that portion before the hour is up.

The CE has the morphing items, achievements, wallpaper, outtakes, concept art, I think 3 extra Hidden Object scenes with clues to the next MCF, and a video tour of that from what I've read is shaky.

I haven't finished the game yet as I've not had an opportunity.

SweetJim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SweetJim on Dec 13, 09 11:15 AM
I paid almost $20. for this game just 6 days ago, and now I see its
$6.99 ? What's up with that?
Same Game? wheres my credit for about 2 more games?
Or am I missing something here?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 13, 09 11:24 AM
You bought the Collector's Edition, SweetJim. For a list of differences please refer to the post by AnnBy directly above yours.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 13, 09 11:24 AM
The version you bought has extra content than the regular version. They have posted all over that the regular version would be out in early-mid december for $6.99 for those not wanting the extra content, or the extra price.

[Post New]by kwishie on Dec 13, 09 11:43 AM
Is there a way to open the suitcase if you don't have the last 4 digits of the cell phone number?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 13, 09 11:57 AM
kwishie wrote:Is there a way to open the suitcase if you don't have the last 4 digits of the cell phone number?

Simple answer: Nope. We can't even help you since the number is randomised.

[Post New]by pamper1234p on Dec 13, 09 1:08 PM
I must say....I'm disappointed in this game. I LOVED RTR and still play it because of the challenging puzzles. This game was too easy and tech problems made it run slow and choppy. I certainly don't think the CE was worth the extra money and my only hope is that BF gave us this game to shut us up as they continue to work on a continuation of Ravenhearst.

duck2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by duck2 on Dec 13, 09 1:18 PM
I love it and the whole series but when will it be out for Mac? I have a Mac and a PC so I can get both but Mac is my main one. Can't wait for more of the series!!!

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Dec 13, 09 1:29 PM
Okay, let me first begin by saying that I didn't think BFG could top themselves with the MCF Ravenhearst games, but they did! I've only played this game for 15 minutes but had to stop and post this comment. This GAME IS THE BEST I'VE EVER PLAYED! I jumped 10 feet in the air during the first 15 minutes of game play. Looking forward to purchasing this game. At first I was annoyed with the $19.99 price tag, but knew it had to be spectacular for that amount of money. BFG has not disappointed me yet! Great job! Give yourselves a huge pat on the back! I know I will need the strategy guide for this one.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 1:29:50 PM PST

[Post New]by ivorykeys54 on Dec 13, 09 2:19 PM
When I placed the firewood and lighter into the fireplace and closed the window; the backpack didn't sparkle up for a hidden object window. Know if I did something wrong? Having fun with it though. By the way, I am playing the $6.99 Version

[Post New]by thamlin06 on Dec 13, 09 3:23 PM
ooooh not cool!!!! i got all the way to the tunnel under the relics and got shut down!!! got back on with the msg that "this player is corrupt and is being deleted"......well what does this mean and if i go through the game will it shut me down again and erase my progress??????.

[Post New]by winirella on Dec 13, 09 3:58 PM
I enjoyed playing this game, took me about 4 and a half hours to complete, I found the story with the whole video footage completely scary. However, I do feel that Return to Ravenhearst is miles better as it was longer, seemed to have more scenes, better puzzles, and I enjoyed that one more.

lsprinkman
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lsprinkman on Dec 13, 09 4:11 PM
I can't knock the rabbits head off. I have hit it more than the 10 times stated in the blob. Help.

[Post New]by sbfromsw on Dec 13, 09 6:07 PM
I have read that there is subtitle/closed caption in the game, but I can't turn it on because there is no option for it in the option dialog. There are only options for volume settings, attitude and fullscreen/windowed mode. Do I make something wrong?
Thanks

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 6:08:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Lilith20011 on Dec 13, 09 9:39 PM
How will MCF improve on perfection for the next game??? Dire Grove was so far without a doubt the best BFG has offered. The graphics were awesome and it was more like you were taking part in a movie rather than playing a game. My hat off to
all that had a hand in this game. I can barely wait to see what they come up with next. Oh, and always make it with the strategy integrated and without it, that was the cherry on top of the sundae. Best game of the Year, hands down!

[Post New]by ladyofnight on Dec 13, 09 10:11 PM
DG was moderately entertaining but way too short. Just over 3 hours of play was a big disappointment after RTR especially when quite a bit of that time was chewed up with nonsensical examines and video scenes. The videos were done well but i found myself sighing a little every time i found another videotape on the ground. I wanted to play the game, not watch it.

I agree with the others who said the puzzles were too simple. The hidden object portions were short and easy as well. The game play was rather linear and the storyline predictable.

Overall it was a decent game but I'm glad i didn't pay the $20 for the CE, i was really tempted multiple times!

[Post New]by Valentinaemy on Dec 14, 09 4:35 AM
Who is the combination to the safe and the car? pleace help me i'm stuck

Go to: