cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Update to Governor of poker

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 18, 08 2:56 AM
anniejo, WTG. you look lovely in pale blue.

WebWench
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Update to Governor of poker

[Post New]by WebWench on Sep 18, 08 3:30 AM
Anniejo wrote:on the web site of the game makers there is a new version, is there any chance Big Fish will get it? just think no blue screens! no missing bits of players! what fun,

Hurrah I´m a jellyfish...

Is there mention of your saved games no longer being so easily deleted/disappearing?

I hope BFG looks into this, I like the game, but not if I have to start over each time, just because I've maintained my computer. No other game I have makes me have to copy my saved game files to another folder just so I can replace it each time I clean my cookies.

What say you, BFG?

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 18, 08 4:42 AM
Hummm, hubby recently finished the whole game (which I bought when it came out) and he didn't have any problems with it at all.

WebWench
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by WebWench on Sep 18, 08 5:18 AM
Maybe he doesn't run cleaners on his puter like I do. Not sure... but I have to do these things daily because I work from home on this machine, and if I let maintaining it go, it gets slow! LOL

It was suggested in another thread that this common problem (for people that use ccleaner and similar programs) should move files around, etc... but I don't see why I should be bothered doing that because other games seem to have figured out how to work it so that it's not necessary.

I'm just frustrated is all. I didn't even realize that this was a texas hold em game until I tried it... I guess I'm old school... I thought there were other forms of poker lol.

He finished it? Wow. I can only get to the second town before my saved game disappears.

Thanks for letting me vent! hahaha

szn46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by szn46 on Dec 5, 08 5:40 PM
I am new here but I am a little concerned about my 4G mac crashing 4 times in one day with this game. I know I am too dumb to get out of town but if this program is bad for my "puter" I want to dump it!

Anyone know if it can damage 'stuff'? The price of a little game is not important but the 'puter' is....

I also have had to play with missing bits of players and a couple times when trying to quit (I have had to force quit many times) All of a sudden there are cubes of bits of the screen with white space...kinda surreal!

Once it was cool though ...after I had crapped out and was quitting all of a sudden I was back in the game again with a lot of dough and knew how to bet the same hands I had seen before. Better than getting my horse stolen in San Sabas.

Edited on 01/13/2009 at 11:34:00 PM PST

Go to: