HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

Like the way it plays

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Oct 30, 09 1:38 PM
The fact that the hints aren't always available, means you have to find things out on your own......my kind of game. There is the magnify glass to help, just click it and scan the entire screen, it will let you know what to do.
The only problem I've had thus far, was at the very beginning, first scene on the island. After all the tutorials, and it was now my time to find the objects, they would not move on.....I would click an object, but nothing would happen. I then hit the hint, and then it was OK from then on out......no more problem. But the fact that you have to figure things out on your own, makes it so much more of a challenge, than to just click a hint.
Love it !

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Like the way it plays

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 30, 09 5:23 PM
Yes, I like it, too. More my kind of adventure game lite. My only problem is that the graphics could be a tad better. It's just grainy enough that I've had problems with a couple of the items blending in, but that's what the hints are for. The puzzles are fun! It seems pretty logical, and it's quite linear, so it is not too hard, but not too easy, either.

I demo'd elsewhere, but think I will buy it for my last Oktoberfest game! Not quite up to the standards of HE: Devils Triangle, but still a fun play!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Like the way it plays

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Nov 18, 09 7:52 AM
HighlandMax wrote:The fact that the hints aren't always available, means you have to find things out on your own......my kind of game. There is the magnify glass to help, just click it and scan the entire screen, it will let you know what to do.
The only problem I've had thus far, was at the very beginning, first scene on the island. After all the tutorials, and it was now my time to find the objects, they would not move on.....I would click an object, but nothing would happen. I then hit the hint, and then it was OK from then on out......no more problem. But the fact that you have to figure things out on your own, makes it so much more of a challenge, than to just click a hint.
Love it !

I so agree,I really love this game, just had to buy it,and I'm glad I did. Runs great for me with no problems,beautiful scenes,and I do really like the way the hint system works,plus neat puzzles,but you can skip them,if you need to. This is my second Alawar Game and I love it along with their Magic Encyclopedia:Moon Light,and will be looking for others by them.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Like the way it plays

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 25, 11 11:37 PM
Bought this when it came out and then never played it through.
Finally got back to it all these months later. No tech problems. Never needed walkthrough because no wandering around. Structured story, but lots of things to find, fit together, puzzles.
After about 4-1/2 hours, finished it. Ended up enjoying it alot more than I thought I would once I got out of that hut at the beginning with that blasted drumbeat!
Part FROG, part IHOG, nice puzzles, all of which can be skipped fairly quickly if need be. There were some tiny items on occasion but the hint button made quick work of the them. Nice bright graphics too.

Go to: