sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Encountered access violation error

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Oct 30, 09 2:01 PM
I just got an access violation error which reads: Access violation at address 004047C4 in module "LunarArchipelago.exe" Read at address FFFFFFDC

Why did I get this and what do I do about it?

Sheila

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Encountered access violation error

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Oct 30, 09 2:12 PM
I read the advice under the 'Help' section for this type of error and I already have my video card drivers updated, have recently run dxdiag for script errors encountered with downloading other games, and cannot find what the problem could be. I will uninstall the game, reboot my system and reinstall, but don't know what could have initiated the error. No other programs were running on my system other than my security software (from my IP).

Anyone else encountered this problem with this game?

Sheila

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Oct 30, 09 2:53 PM
I used to get those messages a lot and also a message thar my system is low on virtual memory. I installed a game booster and those messages are a lot less often. It relly seems to help.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Oct 31, 09 8:28 AM
I had the same problem with Hidden Expedition DT. I updated my drivers and had to close my spycatcher. After that I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it then rebooted the computer. It finally worked. Hope you get it going.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Nov 1, 09 11:50 AM
I got the same message Sheila. XP pro is my operating system. I shut down through task manager, cleared a number of temporary files, cache and rebooted. Finished the game with no problem.

Hope you got it working, this is a great game.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 2, 09 7:30 AM
I am running Vista and have also gotten the same message. I also freeze up at the end of some of the scenes and have to start the task manager to get out. So far I have been able to get back in and continue from that point. I am also enjoying this game.

DarkBrown
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by DarkBrown on Nov 9, 09 5:03 AM
(In response to the first poster...) Me too! I haven't been able to play the game at all. Every time I try to click anything in the very first scene, the game says "Access violation error" and closes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, twice. I also have no problems running many other games so my computer is fine, I just can't play this game.

And since I've had so many problems with BFG Customer Service when I can't get a game to work, I've given up even trying to get help anymore. I just write the game off and move on.

Too bad! This game looked better than most of the mediocre Hidden Object games that flood the market nowadays.

Edited on 11/09/2009 at 5:04:40 AM PST

[Post New]by jairawls on Jan 13, 10 4:36 PM
Terri218 wrote:I used to get those messages a lot and also a message thar my system is low on virtual memory. I installed a game booster and those messages are a lot less often. It relly seems to help.

Terri, what game booster program did you use? I am getting 'Access violation at 0x00bfca58 (tried to read from 0x00800001)' every time I try to play a game.

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Mar 30, 10 6:21 PM
I am getting "Floating Point division by zero." I am getting tired of games that give error messages, crash, freeze and just plain don't work. My computer is new with all updated drivers.

Go to: