muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Won Auction Item

[Post New]by muttmom on Nov 30, 15 8:32 AM
I won a auction item but I don't know how to obtain it. I didn't get credit for it in the quest. What did I do wrong. I delted my note that said I won it and now I can't find it. Any help please

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Won Auction Item

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 30, 15 9:05 AM
that auction item receiving can give people fits! Sometimes they get sort of stuck in the mail sort of. If you go back into the auction for the item or any item (don't bid or buy just go in ), then go back out it triggers the receipt of it. Sometimes I have to refresh the auction and then I see the message pop up. Sometime I go into the messages and click on the auction message tab and there is the message. Can drive one to drink if you let it, but play around with it, it will show up.
Worse part is when you get the message about it again weeks later duplicated and triplicated again and again, wonder what on earth is this. But after playing so long I just add it up to just one of those things that this game does.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Nov 30, 15 9:11 AM
Yeah, I just got notices about things I auctioned, despite the fact that it was probably a month ago, that I put them up for auction.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Nov 30, 15 9:29 AM
Saphire - I think that you only get credit for items sold when the buyer opens their mail and clicks on the msg. But some msgs do seem to float in cyberspace.

mutt - Some quests are deceptive in that they say to win at auction but really want you to find it in an HOS or MG. So go check out THE LIST OF COLLECTABLES that is somewhere up top and get your item wherever.

Cheers and happy Monday.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 30, 15 9:34 AM
Oh thats right, Muttmom are you talking about the find the car picture quests?? Those you have to go where they drop.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 1, 15 6:20 AM
Yes Muttmom - the tips about needing to go back into the auction and look for it again are right - that triggers the message into your post box and you can then claim the reward.
However, I would reinforce what BlueX said: if it is the specific quest where you are asked to get the auto pictures, it is misleading when it seems to point you towards the auction. You will not get the credit for getting them there. You have to go to the places where you can win them in the games.

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Dec 2, 15 7:32 AM
OK - I still can't find my Red Rolla

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Red Rolla