bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hidden Magic forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 31, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Hidden Magic forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden Magic players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Welcome to Hidden Magic forum

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 1, 09 4:39 AM
Is anyone else having problems finding the "acorn" during the fights? That is the only item I have not been able to find in any screen, and I'm playing the game through for the second time. If you have found it, can you post a screenshot so I can see what one looks like?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 1, 09 7:39 AM
What acorn? and Where. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

I am in the 5th level and so far so good.

bbelle

[Post New]by workforwine on Nov 1, 09 8:01 AM
Yeah, no acorns EVER!!!
A bit maddening really

[Post New]by Lunarise on Nov 1, 09 12:50 PM
No acorn in the game. This is so frustrating.

[Post New]by cadejawy on Nov 1, 09 2:10 PM
Nope...no acorn!! And now that I have downloaded the full version, I have plenty of time to look for it cuz my game has about five minutes of lag time.

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Nov 1, 09 8:34 PM
this is my favorite game so far from Big Fish. I enjoy the spell casting, although yes, it is kind of exciting and frustrating to try to find the items quickly enough to use them. Personally I like the challenge of not having every single thing right in front of me every time, it makes it much more worth my money, in my opinion, to have to work at this game. I think on the blog walk through there is an example of an acorn, it looks like an acorn, they just don't put very many in the game for us, as far as I can tell! One of the few I've bought here that I'll play more than once. THANK YOU!!

Edited on 11/02/2009 at 9:22:38 AM PST

gamenut23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by gamenut23 on Nov 2, 09 6:03 AM
I am pretty far in the game and have just reached a battle where there are 3 spells and there is one item in one spell and three items in the other spells that are not on the screen. All I can do is let the skelton keep shooting at me. When I got to zero it gave me 55 more points and so I am now waiting to see if he kills me again. This is ridiculous. You can't even exit the game from a battle scene.

gamenut23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by gamenut23 on Nov 2, 09 8:07 AM
It was level 33 and I had to go into task manager exit the game and start again.This time the items were there.

L__H
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by L__H on Nov 2, 09 3:31 PM
I've been a Big Fish gamer for three or four years. This is my first post.

I've had the same problems .. no acorn. What is a stone dragon? Also, the game froze in a fight scene when NONE of the nine items were shown. Suddenly the shelves, etc. were empty.

Big Fish .. we paid for this game .. what happens now?

L

kalex14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kalex14 on Nov 2, 09 4:32 PM
I have the same problem no acorn. However the stone head is like a pilar that you set on top a totem.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 4, 09 1:01 AM
this game reminds me of the second bookworm that came out cant remember what it was called. i was just going to buy this as i liked it very much found it challenging and different, but reading some posts i think i will wait to see if problems are fixed, thanks for the info.

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Nov 4, 09 11:52 AM
Just got stuck with skeleton, too! I restarted the game 4 times and each time could not fire even one spell because at least one or two items was missing from each of the three spells. It got boring waiting for the skeleton to kill me! How many bugs can this game have??? (Thankfully the acorn issue was fixed!)

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Nov 4, 09 12:07 PM
This is a question for the MODERATOR, I am at the level where you fight the female vampire. I'm not sure if something is wrong with the game. A glitch? Anyway, I can't make any of the spells to cast because the things are not on the shelves. There not there to buid the spells. Can someone help me on this. I am frustrated!

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Nov 4, 09 12:13 PM
Sorry, I said Skeleton when I meant Shaman. After restarting 2 more times, it finally worked. I'd like to add that I switched out the spells at each retry and that the shelves were fairly unpopulated, like at the beginning of the game. I'm also playing on the expert level.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 4, 09 1:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear that some folks are experiencing problems with Hidden Magic. The first thing I would recommend for these types of issues is that you uninstall and reinstall the game.

It's possible that an error may have occurred during the download and installation process that caused some of these problems. Here's a link to information on reinstalling our games:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

You can also contact our Support Team for more assistance if you need it. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

bfgErie

[Post New]by ancientmarin on Nov 7, 09 9:04 AM
got the game and beat it in relaxed mode in a few hours, no difficulties except for the acorn.......just go to the next spell...stone dragon is a picture on a stone tablet..i really enjoyed the puzzle/battle scenarios........AM

[Post New]by Char481 on Nov 7, 09 12:12 PM
I've looked on the internet and there is a version 1.14 that is ready for this game .. does Big Fish think they can get the lastest version for those of us who just LOVE Big Fish ..... Please.

[Post New]by shyladyh on Nov 7, 09 7:22 PM
I downloaded the update to the game, but have been having problems ever since. The attack visual effects no longer show and my character flashes in the scene; also, the map is blank so I can't move on to the next level. I tried uninstalling an reinstalling the game but still no luck. Has anyone else had this trouble?

[Post New]by Bert57 on Nov 10, 09 9:09 AM
I have reinstalled this game and my magic spells list in the battles still doesn't show everything for me to find. I have to keep clicking on every item in order to get the spell completed. When there are 6 or more spell items on the list, it only shows 5 and not the rest.

Go to: