Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Building the Great Wall of China 2 here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 2, 15 1:01 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/02/2015 at 6:25:57 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Building the Great Wall of China 2 here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 2, 15 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Building the Great Wall of China 2 to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 2, 15 7:10 AM
Relaxed mode does not seem to work. I am very bad at these games and I have to have a relaxed mode. This is the only reason I bought this game. Can anyone advise as to how to get relaxed mode to work???

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 2, 15 7:25 AM
Also, resources that are saved for the next level don't seem to be there if you quit the game and come back to it. That does not seem right. If you make it a part of the game that you can save resources for the next level the game should remember that even if you quit. We don't all sit and play the whole game in one sitting!

[Post New]by guisan on Dec 2, 15 8:27 AM
I can't get in level 5 or 6 the ford build. I sem to lake 1 peace and when I have it it still lake's 1 peace.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 2, 15 8:49 AM
Does anyone else have lines that flash horizontally through the main game menu page and the page that show the upgrades? It doesn't occur during game play.

Running Win 10 64 bit OS, latest Nvidia and Windows drivers.

cel_1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cel_1 on Dec 3, 15 12:34 AM
pc windows 8

when going on to forum nothing seems to make any sense, all posts seems to be nothing about the game at all

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 3, 15 2:06 AM
scpotamus wrote:Relaxed mode does not seem to work. I am very bad at these games and I have to have a relaxed mode. This is the only reason I bought this game. Can anyone advise as to how to get relaxed mode to work???

When you say 'relaxed mode does not seem to work', do you mean the timer is still there?? It was the same in the original game and they haven't changed it; relaxed doesn't mean no timer. It just means you can finish a level and not have to replay it but you get no stars.

And you're right about the resources but if you think about it, how many of this type of game let you keep the resources you accumulate if you quit the level or the game? None that I can think of! It's an optional bonus within a level that you can carry over but if you quit the game it doesn't apply.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 3, 15 5:08 AM
I've tried to download this game, but got a message box asking me to install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012" which I did. But even so it now wants me to "modify setup" of the Visual C++.

I'm still on XP but am usually OK with most games.
I have never even heard of this Visual C++ thing, is it safe to "repair" it?

I'm tempted to abandon the while thing as I don't want to mess up any of my other settings etc.

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Dec 3, 15 5:32 AM
OK, once again Kathilisa, I am getting the same message and then my screen goes dark, blank and I have a hard time getting back, even Ctrl-Alt-Delete and the Task Manager struggle to get the computer back to working order.

noydb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by noydb on Dec 3, 15 8:47 AM
There are two hidden object puzzles in this game where the last object is impossible to retrieve, even when clicking directly on the object. In the first instance, the object is behind a branch, and in the second it is below the list of objects to find.

[Post New]by LiLsonip on Dec 3, 15 10:19 AM
on level 9 using windows 10 will not allow me to build the fort. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling , but it still won't let me built the fort

[Post New]by musicgirl2011 on Dec 3, 15 7:05 PM
to build the fort you have to make sure that you have the right amount of gold and you have to build the bridge first. If you have all required resources and the bridge is constructed, it should work (it was fine for me and I am on Win 10 as well) if not, perhaps submitted a ticket to help desk will solve your problem

ROSOS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ROSOS on Dec 3, 15 11:28 PM
I downloaded the trial version. Went to start playing and it says my trial is over. So haven't been able to try it or anything.

srg9
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by srg9 on Dec 4, 15 1:17 AM
Level 22 - continually locking up with Access Error. Cannot go any further. Please advise.

Edited on 12/04/2015 at 5:27:08 AM PST

orochick
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by orochick on Dec 4, 15 7:13 PM
Is anyone else having the problem with when after playing this game the internet does not work? Have played several times and every time have had to re-boot in order to get Wiindows 10 internet to work. Says, I am not connected to the internet. But, if I restart everything is okay. Only happens when I close out of this game.

gemini888
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by gemini888 on Dec 5, 15 11:22 AM
Why don't I get the option to upgrade the workers house?

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Dec 5, 15 6:44 PM
srg9 wrote:Level 22 - continually locking up with Access Error. Cannot go any further. Please advise.

I am having the same problem. As soon as I go to build the Lightening Rod I get an error message

warp35
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by warp35 on Dec 6, 15 1:19 PM
also on level 22 I have got the error message and cannot go any further.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 6, 15 1:41 PM
This is a minor game glitch but annoying since you cannot get all the achievements because of it.

Throughout the game, there are levels where you have to get "Artifacts" (in Achievements called "Trophies" to further complicate things). Anyway, for some reason it will not count all the artifacts I found, and I replayed the entire game to make sure but it still says I lack 2. Another poster replayed under a new name and it counted all of them, but I should not have to replay the entire game, under a new name, AGAIN to get an achievement.

There are so many games recently that I have found the only glitches is in the achievements section....like they just rushed through those. Very frustrating as I like to get all achievements, its a big part of the pleasure of playing these games for me.

Go to: