A thread for yur reviews.

Edited on 12/02/2015 at 6:25:45 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Building the Great Wall of China 2 here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 2, 15 2:03 AM
This is a standard resource collecting and building game - nothing special about it. I found the graphics to be very pretty.

Here's some Info:

There is a relaxed mode.

The game requires a little strategy, not a lot to get 3 stars - mostly it's just noticing when a building is on fire and putting it out.

It seems quite short since I could play 13 levels in the demo hour and apparently there are only 40 - so it would take about me about 3 hours.

It is always the same goal - build the wall, build buildings, collect an artifact.

The game is fast-paced, there wasn't much waiting around for things to be collected, it doesn't waste your time.

During level 9 you had to click on warriors who were attacking your site.

On level 10 is a hidden object level that you have to find things in the dark - with a torch - which I found by just randomly clicking.

You have to purchase upgrades outside of the level with the money you earn from getting 3 stars before you can upgrade them inside the game.

The screen does shake and have flashing effects on it - lightening and rain.

Please try before you buy because the flashing effects are not everyone's cup-of-tea.

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Dec 2, 15 4:30 AM
This is not a new game. I have already played this game that came out on another site quite awhile back.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 2, 15 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Building the Great Wall of China 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Building the Great Wall of China 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 2, 15 9:27 AM
Cute game, good graphics, has relaxed mode but only in that you can finish level after the timer runs out and but, you don't get any stars. Bad side of that is that you need these stars for money to buy upgrades faster and most important don't put your gold in the caravan for next level until you have used all you need for removing logs in the way of the wall because you can't get it back out. I've already made that mistake and will have to replay the level. Overall I like this game, only because I'm in the right mood, otherwise it would irritate me that I couldn't get three stars automatically like in some of the other TM games.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 3, 15 1:50 AM
I have the first game in this series and played it endlessly until I got 3 stars on every level, so was really looking forward to trying this new version. And regardless of whether or not the game came out on a different site, it's new to BFG.

It's taken 3 years to release a follow-up and this game is much more polished than the original. But I liked it as it was; pretty basic and a lot more fun. The modes were the same; relaxed doesn't mean no timer, which I remember not being happy with in the original game. It just means you can finish the level and not have to replay it but you get no stars.

There are a few differences; a hidden object search (with a torch) which just seemed thrown in to extend the gameplay and a hoarde of warriors that suddenly attacked out of nowhere but otherwise it's much the same as the original. What I did find annoying was that I only had one worker right up to level 14 or 15, so couldn't complete all the tasks in time. However I missed the part where you can buy upgrades outside of the level (as mentioned by Janette5) so that my be why I only had one worker!

It's a pretty game and if you like this building type genre (which I do), you may well enjoy this game. For me it lacks the charm of the original but since these games are so few and far between, I'll use a PCC on this one and hopefully get more than one worker (and 3 stars on every level!).

No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Dec 3, 15 5:29 AM
I own the first game, and I thought it was just "ok". Anyone try both and which did you like better? I see Angelfish liked the first better. Just trying to save a coupon if this one is just mediocre. Thanks

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Dec 3, 15 8:25 PM
I liked everything about it, except the length! It took me less than 5 hours of relaxed play, earning all but 2 trophies (which are impossible to earn).

Its frustrating because there is so much to like here, lots of fun little innovations that should make it stand out from the typical TM offering.

Definitely try it, and even if you're an expert at these games, be sure to use the tutorial so you see how the upgrade system works and how to earn extra money when you earn trophies.

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 10:17:01 PM PST

Uniq1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Uniq1 on Dec 5, 15 7:31 PM
TM games are one of my favs, however some of them are a little hokey looking in their graphics and playability. I did get the first Building the Wall and was soo excited to see this one. I played it for the full 'try it' time, then bit the bullet and bought it. After a few levels of play, it began to freeze, then continue then finally froze and wouldn't let me do anything. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and it still had issues. I have checked my system to make sure I have the latest graphics card, etc. So now, sadly, I have uninstalled it again. Hopefully someone can assist me with other options, cause I did like the game.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Dec 6, 15 12:36 PM
Uniq1, if you haven't already, post your problem in the Tech Issues topic.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Dec 8, 15 11:09 AM
I was planning to buy this game, but as I went along in the demo There were way too many glitches. It was kind of fun really, but needs to have all those glitches fixed.

Faunie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Faunie on Dec 9, 15 2:59 PM
will not be buying this game- expected the relaxed mode not to have a timer but it did

fox3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by fox3 on Dec 20, 15 6:18 AM
I can't win this game unless I'm in relaxed mode and I don't think my hut that saves things is working. I can usually get three stars on most games of this type but this one is impossible and frustrating. I wasted my money.

Myfishydog
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Myfishydog on Dec 29, 15 10:00 AM
No one mentioned that all the levels are not available to us. There are ten more levels that BF did not include in this version of the game. Might be why some trophies are not obtainable.

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Jan 2, 16 12:34 PM
Abrupt Ending
I just played through the entire game. I was quite surprised when the game just stopped with no ending. I didn't really realize it until I noticed it wasn't moving forward and kept repeating the same hidden object level. Very odd abrupt ending. Still, I don't really play these games for the story so I went back to try to get 3 stars on previous levels.

Game Mechanics
Normally on these types of games I play a level 2 or 3 times trying to get a 3 star and if I don't I move on and come back at the end of the game. So I went back to my first 2 star level. Couldn't pass that so I went back to the one before to put supplies in my caravan to carry over to the next level. I concentrated on just putting in supplies for the next level. I went on to the next level with my supplies but missed the 3 star rating again. I saw my mistake so when I retried it, all the supplies I had built up disappeared. That means I would have to go back and replay the level before AGAIN in order to replay the 2 star level AGAIN. At that point I said forget it and I'm just done. I don't care enough to try for 3 stars on all of them.

Also, when you build a guard tower to stop the invasion, the entire game suddenly stops and whisks you away to another screen which is just a click fest to get rid of the invaders. Not fun and it interrupts what you were concentrating on during the level.

Overall
Was just an ok game and kept me mildly amused but I don't recommend it for the reasons above. There are better TM games out there.

sanjos7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sanjos7 on Jun 4, 16 1:34 PM
I really enjoyed the game and have obtained three stars on all levels and received all trophies except cannot locate where to obtain the 5 large coal mines. I got two of them but don't know how I did it and so need to find out how to get the other three large coal mines.

Can anyone help please?

[Post New]by skyweyr on Oct 15, 16 8:23 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was tough until I figured out the upgrades and the warehouse for future levels. Its a time management with a lot of strategy. Overall a great game. I came on the boards to see if there was another like it.

[Post New]by MrsWatermelon on Nov 8, 16 7:06 AM
A good TM game. I like the graphics, the sounds (I never play with music, but I like the ambient sounds), the story is simple but fine. It could be a little more challenging but it wasn't TOO easy.

The biggest problem is the awful mini-game with the warriors. I like time management and strategy, not clicking as fast as I can. I found those so irritating that it put me off the game.

[Post New]by soapcurls on Dec 29, 16 6:48 PM
I love this game! Nice graphics and story line. I love the caravan and being able to carry goods forward. I like the bonuses and ability to buy an upgrade.

The mini game is just annoying. I found myself delaying building the fort until the very last minute, rebuilding various building in order to avoid the mini game but this is the only part of the game that I really didn't like but found a way to avoid it.

( It would be great if there were to be another installment that provide for more challenge, maybe the addition of an advanced player mode? This the type of game that personally prefer. Not a fan of growing or picking food and serving customers but I do love to build, expand and create a strategy. High scores would fun too. I like to try to beat my last high score.)

I really hope there is another installment of this game soon!

[Post New]by inchy1 on Mar 13, 17 2:06 PM
artefacts are the trophy's you cant finish the game the other 2 arterfacts/trophy's are on levels 45 and 48 .
you can only finish the game ? ????????????

Go to: