Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 3, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/03/2015 at 6:02:16 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by whimzzee on Dec 3, 15 5:13 AM
I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5

The demo won't load … it "quit unexpectedly."
Hopefully that can be corrected soon. Love a good holiday game.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 3, 15 6:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Tora1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Tora1 on Dec 3, 15 3:24 PM
I just bought the game today and it won't download. It doesn't show up in the download queue in my game manager. I use a PC with Windows 10.

Edited on 12/04/2015 at 7:03:39 AM PST

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Dec 3, 15 4:07 PM
Can't open game in game manager, have to go to program files 86 to open and play. Never happened before with any game. Is there an out for this problem? I use windows 7 64 bit HP.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 4, 15 12:38 PM
Played trial and it ran fine, purchased the game and than activated and downloaded it.
When I open the game manager and click on it, it will not play, also tried clicking on game icon on desktop, still will not play, does nothing.
I don't know how to find the program file, that Girlwonder used, am also running Windows 7 Home Premium?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Dec 4, 15 1:16 PM
I purchased this game after playing the demo (I've got all of the Christmas Stories games). I finished the game in what I believe was record time. My custom is that when I finish a game, I'll uninstall it and reinstall another game I own in order to cut down on boredom. So, when I sent to uninstall this game I got a message: please wait until the current program in finished uninstalling or being changed. What's u-p with that? In the meantime, I can't reinstall another game that I haven't played in a while, and I'm very frustrated and angry.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Dec 5, 15 7:44 AM
Quarlesqueen, Go to computer, click on C drive, click on programs 86 and game should be listed. Click on game and it should open.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Dec 5, 15 8:04 AM
Running Windows 7.

Is it just me, or does the game move extremely slowly and is very clunky?

Cursor is all over the place as well.

Just wondering.....

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Dec 5, 15 8:14 AM
In the bonus game, after getting the sixth rune, all runes disappeared from inventory and now I am unable to finish the game! Anyone else have this happen to them? Windows Vista.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 6, 15 8:55 AM
Game was working just fine until I brought back the star and had to travel to Russia. The last piece to find on the globe would not work. No matter how I turned the globe, or on which area of the piece I clicked, it would not work. I had to skip the silly puzzle. Rather a disappointment in an otherwise enjoyable, if simple, game.

gylzy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by gylzy on Dec 6, 15 4:26 PM
Running on iPad.

Not sure what happened, but one minute I had three cracker amulet pieces, and now there are only two. The pieces have disappeared from their original locations.

I think I'll have to restart as I can't proceed without the amulet.

katielu88
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by katielu88 on Dec 7, 15 3:24 AM
Windows 7

My issue is that it cuts off characters dialogues. I hardly heard anything from the cats at the beginning near the snowmen. What a waste of money. Hope they refund me on it

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 7, 15 3:12 PM
Windows 7 - yes, it cut off the cat's dialogue for me too in the beginning sections. The runes in the bonus game also disappeared for me... what I did is click in my inventory where they were pictured and then clicked on the screen where there are supposed to go and it worked. They showed back up. Just finished. While I really enjoyed this game, most of it ran "clunky", no smooth transitions from scene to scene. And I encountered the "floating cursor".

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 8, 15 1:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues with this particular game.

If you are having trouble getting this game to install, please look at the following help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If freezing issues or items disappearing are occurring in your game, please ensure that everything is up to date with your video card driver. I'll include a help article below on how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For players that are on an iOS device, the following help article contains some great troubleshooting steps:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If you find that you are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot. For PC players, please provide a Dr. Felix Report, This will help the team pinpoint the best troubleshooting step for your computer's configuration.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 8, 15 9:06 PM
There's a problem in the bonus section. It won't move beyond a certain point. It's needs a patch or a refund. It's where the cat is trying to hit the lights in the Christmas tree

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 8, 15 9:07 PM
deejae101 wrote:In the bonus game, after getting the sixth rune, all runes disappeared from inventory and now I am unable to finish the game! Anyone else have this happen to them? Windows Vista.

Me too

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 10, 15 8:08 PM
No problems on Windows XP.

[Post New]by Harcourt2 on Dec 10, 15 8:54 PM
I am a computer Luddite really, and when I try to open this game on my iPad, and press the "continue to game" rectangle in the top right corner the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I have No Idea how to do anything mildly techy and I read the instructions when I clicked on the link for fixing things, really, it's all fingers in my ears going la la la.
Earlier this week ithe game was clunky, but at least it opened.

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Dec 11, 15 9:01 PM
I too have had problems with this game. It downloaded fine, but I cannot get it to start. (I have a MAC). It "quits unexpectedly" before it even begins.

A few years back, I had a problem with a game like this and I was able to get a BFG rep via on-line chat and she helped me out. Unfortunately, BFG no longer offers this option, I'm disappointed, that was a great way to get help right away.

I am waiting to hear back from cust service after filing out the form, but I wish I (and others having issues with this game) could get instant help during the day like before.

Go to: