Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

If you like to be Frustrated - this is a great game for you, otherwise ...

[Post New]by Cards13 on Oct 31, 09 4:43 PM
I played this game in the demo and enjoyed it, although I did not get high in the levels primarily because I was trying to check out the other options and playing modes.

As you get to the higher levels, the game becomes increasingly difficult (which is understandable) however not only is level 25 impossible (as another writer has documented) but on virtually all the levels the timer is just far too short.

If this game was not timed - and the player could use some strategy - I believe this game could be enjoyable. Perhaps there could be an OPTION of a limited number of moves.

As it is - of the "more than a dozen" games I have purchased from Big Fish - this one without a doubt is the MOST FRUSTRATING because I see a game that could be so enjoyable if not for that gosh darn short timer. I enjoy other games with a timer but for those it is a reasonable period of time to accomplish your goals.

There are other items they could improve on - such as the instructions on the help menu. I have yet to understand the scoring - apparently you are suppose to figure it out for yourself ? And two of the runes - which are the squares you move in the game - are virtually the same color. Apparently they ran out of colors after 5 so there is light green and a lighter green. But primarily this game does not allow much time for thinking before it tells you times up.

If you like to be Frustrated - this is a great game for you, otherwise if you just enjoy playing the games without constant time pressure don't get this game.

I am writing this so hopefully some one else will not make the mistake I made of purchasing this game thinking it would be an enjoyable thinking game.

Edited on 10/31/2009 at 4:47:00 PM PST

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:If you like to be Frustrated - this is a great game for you, otherwise ...

[Post New]by James_Kit on Jan 18, 10 12:37 AM
You are overreacting. Maybe this game requires a bit more effort than regular match-3, but that's great for me. And if you don't skip tutorials the game isn't hard. It's easy to be frustrated if you don't read what the level goal is

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jan 18, 10 6:11 AM
to james kit, have you finished level 25? i'd like to know who has finished, or close to finishing, before i buy at the bargain price. which is a good price. thanks

[Post New]by justyna_bb on Jan 18, 10 6:26 AM
Hmm, I don't remember exactly how does it look like, but I don't recall any levels that I struggled badly. Anyway, it's good to keep in mind that you can use Spells and that once you collect certain colors focus on those that left to collect instead of looking for matches that don't give you anything beside points (at least at levels that you are short on time).

And last but not least, don't forget you can skip any level if you find it too hard. After second try "skip level" option becomes active.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 15, 14 12:15 AM
I'm not at Level 25 yet, but I hope I can get there. It is a very difficult game for me but it is so different that it is a lot of fun, as long as I can give it my full concentration.

Go to: