penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

PICMAN where" IS" the ACORN??

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 31, 09 5:36 PM
OK NOW this is getting UGLY!

We need ACORN??

Where did u put them?? Hiding them? He may have took them to the park? The whole bag!

GREAT GAME

PEN

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:PICMAN where" IS" the ACORN??

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 31, 09 9:01 PM
It is all very strange considering this game would have been tested and a walkthrough even done for it.

DId we get some weird final version here?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 31, 09 10:48 PM
You're right. I hadn't thought about it before, but obviously whoever did the walkthrough had acorns in the potion section, so what version of the game are WE playing?

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Nov 1, 09 12:58 AM
GRRR. I've been searching for the acorn, seems like all day and I know it just doesn't exist! That invisible acorn kills me every time, and sometimes the invisible letters. Who was drunk when they made this game?

[Post New]by hersheejess on Nov 1, 09 7:58 AM
Pixielate wrote:GRRR. I've been searching for the acorn, seems like all day and I know it just doesn't exist! That invisible acorn kills me every time, and sometimes the invisible letters. Who was drunk when they made this game?

Sometimes the letters are in the background (like carved into a wall), so they aren't as obvious as the large golden letters. I had the acorn problem as well as not being able to finish a fight because the correct objects weren't on the screen.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Nov 1, 09 8:04 AM
If there were missing peanuts - what with it being halloween - I could understand!

But 'acorns'? ...............I blame that blue squirrel........sure he's eaten them all!

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Nov 1, 09 8:17 AM
Wow. Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was having trouble seeing acorns for some strange reason. I agree that the squirrel probably ate them. Either that or he is saving them in the multi-colored bag for winter.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 1, 09 6:23 PM
After being defeated twice, I deliberately lost two battles looking for that #%$% acorn!! It is NOT there! OK, who stole the acorn???

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 1, 09 6:37 PM
Hi Fishies!

This is the weirdest thing...I too searched for that dang acorn (and could never find it) throughout the entire game until just tonight...when I fought the final battle with the big bad guy. I got so frustrated I just started clicking all over the screen, and from somewhere in the upper left quadrant an ACORN popped out and into my potion!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell outta my chair! So there is at least ONE acorn..even if only in my game LOL!!! Has anyone else found this out? I know it wasn't there in any other battle scene...I just KNOW it!! Who else has finished the game? Just curious...but I swear..It WAS AN ACORN!!! Really, honest, seriously..it just popped out!!! Let me know if anyone else had this happen. It really did help me finish the game btw!
Love and hugs...Abs

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Nov 1, 09 7:57 PM
I finished it in the timed mode but without the acorns.I didn't even bother trying to make the potions that I saw needed the acorn.I got a little frustrated when I would start a potion only to find out one of the last few ingredients needed was the dreaded acorn.Then it was just time wasted.

dlindab
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Nov 1, 09 8:10 PM
Never found the acorn, either. But ran my cursor over an empty place on a shelf, and the word acorn showed up. But there was nothing there. Didn't click on it because I didn't need it for a potion at the time.
A couple of times, when a battle screen opened, there were hardly any items on the shelves. There were NO items that were needed for the potions. When I hit the menu button to try to quit out of it, the game froze and I had to do a cold re-boot.
Have always loved BFG, but at this point, a bug-free game would be the exception rather than the rule.

[Post New]by jdknga on Nov 1, 09 11:03 PM
I was beginning to think I was going crazy. I started losing just moving over every object to see if it might possibly be the all to illusive acorn. I guess I'll go finish my battles with my previous strategy of quitting any potion with an acorn in the potion --how frustrating!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Nov 2, 09 4:35 AM
I have had the same problem no Acorn, I thought I was crazy, just not being able to find it. They should update the game, but I really like the game, its different, I like the battles, because of the different spells, I just like magic stuff. i guess I wont search on the spells for acorns.

[Post New]by SoBelle on Nov 2, 09 8:15 AM
This acorn thing is really frustrating! I'm just glad to know I'm not alone in the big fish sea with this problem. Fix it picman, please.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Nov 2, 09 9:09 AM
Boy, am I glad you couldn't find that ACORN either! I thought I was losing it! The game also froze up on me if I went to the menu during a battle. We definitely need an update to correct these errors!!!

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Nov 2, 09 9:51 AM
phew! no acorn here either...thot I was nuts!

pretty interesting game tho...

i want my ACORN

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Nov 2, 09 12:13 PM
I pm'd one of our mods because many of us are having problems that aren't being addressed. I also emailed customer service re the missing acorn problem. Hopefully we will get a mod to respond to this forum just to make us feel better

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 2, 09 4:18 PM
MissAbby wrote:Hi Fishies!

This is the weirdest thing...I too searched for that dang acorn (and could never find it) throughout the entire game until just tonight...when I fought the final battle with the big bad guy. I got so frustrated I just started clicking all over the screen, and from somewhere in the upper left quadrant an ACORN popped out and into my potion!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell outta my chair! So there is at least ONE acorn..even if only in my game LOL!!! Has anyone else found this out? I know it wasn't there in any other battle scene...I just KNOW it!! Who else has finished the game? Just curious...but I swear..It WAS AN ACORN!!! Really, honest, seriously..it just popped out!!! Let me know if anyone else had this happen. It really did help me finish the game btw!
Love and hugs...Abs

The EXACT same thing happened to me. There was nothing there -- NOTHING!!! But suddenly the sparkles came up in the cauldron and the only thing left to find was that #$%^@*!!!!!! ACORN. We have an invisible acorn running amok from computer to computer -- the phantom acorn!!

I also had the same thing happen to me that happened to dlindab! I had to do a cold reboot as well and then everyone of those items were there -- I just about went blind searching for yellow pollen -- and we all know what the pollen looks like now -- and it wasn't there -- nor were other things that I had clicked on time and time again for other spells. I'm not sure what kinda glitch the game has going -- but it is the most original game to come across in a LONG time!!!

Look into it Picman!!! Please!!! The game has story, it has interest, it has an 0angle we haven't had much if any before -- fix the game!!
Jule

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Nov 2, 09 4:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for the delay! Our testers just approved a new build of Hidden Magic that resolves this acorn issue. To see our announcement about this new version, please click here.

Thank you all for your continued patience. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

bfgEuphrates

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Nov 3, 09 10:32 AM
Great! They fixed the acorn problem but now I haven't even been asked to find an acorn!

Go to: