begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Snowflakes?

[Post New]by begwood1 on Dec 3, 15 1:33 PM
Are they only useful for the collection achievement, or am I missing something? The pet eggs I've looked at all seem to need gift medallions and/or cards to hatch, not snowflakes. Is there any reason I shouldn't be gifting these little guys out the door as fast as I catch them?

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

Re:Snowflakes?

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Dec 3, 15 1:41 PM
I'm not sure about achievements or pets, but sometimes you get 20 coin or a diamond instead of a snowflake when you catch 5. When the label (for lack of a better word) drops down at the top of your screen, look & see what the "prize" is going to be.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Dec 3, 15 1:42 PM
Oh yeah, the little snowflakes are TOTALLY worth collecting. 20 coins a pop! Occasional diamonds! Shards! They're a great deal. I'm just curious about the big snowflakes you get for collecting the little ones -- are they useful for anything but the collection achievements?

TwoTonFury
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Dec 3, 15 1:57 PM
You will need the Big Snowflakes to hatch the two new pets (Christmas Gnome and Snow Fairy).

TT

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Dec 3, 15 2:44 PM
The big snowflakes are used in the two new pets crafting, and you get 3 gems for the first 50 big ones. But they take forever to get, you really get very few in comparison to the gold and Christmas cards you get. I thought the pumpkins were hard in some rooms but the snowflakes are darn near impossible in a lot of the rooms. Those all light blue rooms are very hard to see them in.

I am curious to see if any one knows how many you have to collect to get the Snow Fairy. First you need 50, then 200 then ??? if it takes 2000 like Pumpkin Jack I'm done. They are just to hard to get to spend that kind of time on. Took me all day to get 50 on my two accounts , so that's an entire day for 100 snowflakes.

Edited on 12/03/2015 at 2:45:37 PM PST

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Dec 3, 15 2:48 PM
I clicked on the Snow Fairy under pets to craft & it showed that you need 200 big Snowflakes to craft her. If you mean an avatar I have no idea.

The Christmas Gnome wants 150 big flakes to craft (among the other items). Hope this helps!

Edited on 12/03/2015 at 2:51:39 PM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Dec 3, 15 2:52 PM
beezelbom wrote:
I am curious to see if any one knows how many you have to collect to get the Snow Fairy. First you need 50, then 200 then ???

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Dec 3, 15 2:56 PM
Ah! I missed that you need them for the fairy and gnome. Thanks!

They do take longer to collect than the pumpkins because you get so many other things instead of snowflakes as a reward, but if we need 350 total for the two pets, I think I'll get there.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 3, 15 3:02 PM
Just thought I'd add my two cents. To get the Snow Fairy Avatar you need to complete the third level of the Snowfall Achievement for 500 large snowflakes.

The two Christmas Pets....Christmas Gnome needs 100 Santa's Medallions and 150 large snowflakes, plus cards and coins...Snow Fairy Pet needs 100 Santa's Medallions and 200 large snowflakes.

You get the Santa's Medallions when you leave gift boxes under your friends' Christmas trees in their Christmas Rooms.

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Dec 3, 15 3:39 PM
Ok so 500 to get the Snow Fairy avatar. Well if you get that first then you can take those snowflakes and use them on your pet crafting, that should work but good grief it would take forever. I really wish the snowflakes functioned like the pumpkins and you got mostly snowflakes, but I suppose if they did that you would then need the 2000.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 3, 15 5:33 PM
beezelbom, that's a very good point! I hadn't thought of that, but I remember thinking geez, I'm getting an awful lot of diamonds and shards, but not so many snowflakes. You're right...they probably slowed their drop rate way down otherwise we would need 2000 of them just like the pumpkins.

Still think we play just as hard to earn the 500...I went an entire round of HOSs with just 3 large snowflakes. I'm really gonna have to earn that avatar.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 3, 15 6:02 PM
beezelbom wrote:Ok so 500 to get the Snow Fairy avatar. Well if you get that first then you can take those snowflakes and use them on your pet crafting, that should work but good grief it would take forever. I really wish the snowflakes functioned like the pumpkins and you got mostly snowflakes, but I suppose if they did that you would then need the 2000.

They are mutually exclusive.......You get snowflakes added to the achievement to earn the Snow Fairy as you receive them.......It doesn't matter how many you have in inventory because using them from inventory to get pets or gift to friends does not decrease the quantity received that is counted toward the achievement.

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 3, 15 6:18 PM
Just hit the 200 snowflakes. Its past 2am and I am cross-eyed and have them burned onto my retinas! maybe I should slow down a bit... Nah! Who needs slepp?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Dec 3, 15 6:18 PM
Right now, I am calling my game "Snowflake Light". First off, they are very hard to find and rare is the room where I see three. They are also slow to appear. Secondly, when I do manage to obtain five, I get coins 8 out of ten times. Other two times maybe one snowflake, and one shard or a card. I wish they would turn the "generator" up just a little. After all those pumpkins, I'm pooped.

Go to: